Monday, September 28, 2009

Wedding Dinner at Permatang Tinggi

Wedding Dinner at Permatang Tinggi


Wedding Dinner at Permatang Tinggi

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 09:23 AM PDT

Faster go check it out my live blogging site, Away From Computer! Good luck. =)

Yesterday night, I went to a wedding dinner at Permatang Tinggi. I have not been to many wedding dinners, I think this was the 4th wedding dinner I've been to. The reason is most probably I don't know them, I am still a kid and they are not close to me.

So, the just-married was my mom's mom's brother's daughter. Not very confusing yet but I believe I have not met them before and they are based on the mainland, not the Penang island. Anyway, since I don't want to stay at home after exam, so I went along with them, to look for good food and snap some photographs.

IMG_0493 by you.

IMG_0496 by you.

The destination was Permatang Tinggi, near Simpang Empat in Bukit Mertajam, it's still in Penang, but on the mainland but I don't really know about this place. I seldom go to the mainland, hope there's thing on the mainland for me to explore in the future.

IMG_0502 by you.

I had a data plan and was playing with the Intenet and Google Maps on the way to the destination. The driving direction worked quite well and helped dad a little bit but frankly speaking, dad knows his way around in almost everywhere. He is just like a human-powered GPS.

IMG_0504 by you.

IMG_0506 by you.

IMG_0507 by you.

The road trip took us like about 45 minutes because dad was driving slow to look for the restaurant.

IMG_0508 by you.

Ocean Restaurant is the name for it and they actually have a website. Cool.

IMG_0519 by you.

IMG_0522 by you.

IMG_0509 by you.

I looked around, trying to spot any familiar faces, but I saw none. So, the night was all concentrate on the food.

IMG_0538 by you.

IMG_0536 by you.

Do you notice that in our local Malaysian Chinese wedding dinner, or any other kind of dinner, not the meal that we eat, I meant an event, something big, the newspaper people will come to the event to sell newspaper. There's actually a lot of people buying newspaper at the dinner and read while waiting for food or the event to start.

My uncle bought it to check the 4D number at instant. =D

IMG_0553 by you.

IMG_0568

IMG_0562 by you.

Here's the just-married. I realized that there's no professional cameraman moving around and I got the most expensive camera, everything was on their own point-and-shoot cam, hopefully it captured all those nice moment. Perfect beautiful shot is not necessary but happy moment is a must.

IMG_0579

IMG_0572

IMG_0575

IMG_0574

Yum-seng, cheers, nostrovia everyone, not me because I was on the camera! Anyway, the food was nice and I was so full after the dinner. Anyway, congratulation for this.


Asia's Attitude to Assisted Suicide - bbc online

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 09:00 AM PDT

Asia's attitude to assisted suicide


The authorities in Britain are due to issue guidance to clarify the law on assisted suicide. As more and more countries in the West are grappling with how to legislate on this difficult issue, the BBC's Vaudine England looks at how assisted suicide and euthanasia are viewed in Asia.

Tang Siu-pun, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, 26 August 2009
Ah Bun wants the right to choose death but will not discuss it with his family

Tang Siu-pun, also known as Ah Bun, wants the right to decide whether he might live or die.

He once wrote a letter to Hong Kong's leader, then Chief Executive Tung Chee-hwa, demanding the right to choose.

But he has never talked it over with his family - showing how strong the taboo is on talking about death, and individual choice, in Chinese and most other Asian cultures.

Between every few words, he takes a breath, thanks to a machine strapped to his body.

It gives his strong views on life and death an added poignancy, each phrase interjected by a breath.

"I could not do what I want. I must be helped to live. Even going to toilet. I was ashamed, shame on my life. I was very confused. But I was conscious.

"If I was still alive I must, I must be helped by others. Until I die. I didn't want to have this life. What can I do. Only euthanasia.

"Because it was my choice. I can decide by myself. Not others. Only thing I can do," he said, reinforcing the view that being given a choice often makes a person feel stronger and want to live longer.

Ah Bun has since received better treatment in hospital, and using a computer - and by moving his eyelids - he has written a book.

In "I Want To Have Euthanasia", he argues that choosing how and when to die is a basic human right.

Tradition

But he knows the chance of legislative change is almost non-existent.

"Tradition does not allow us to talk about dying. Our tradition is conservative. More than the West. Our society seldom discusses the issue.


Here, life is more a collective thing, we are less individualistic. Your life is part of the family. Even if you want to die, your family would not let you die
Dr Timothy Kwok, Hong Kong geriatrician

"In China, even if they are not Christian, they do not have any religion, they think dying, death, is a natural thing," says Ah Bun.

When Dr Philip Nistchke, Australia's best-known euthanasia advocate, came to Hong Kong recently, the Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care and related groups refused to join discussions with him.

"We support rational discussions on euthanasia in the community," they said in a statement, but added that the emphasis should be on improving palliative care.

Ah Bun's case has helped bring more subsidies and support to other quadriplegics, allowing some to live in the community - just as Ah Bun will do when a public housing flat is found for him.

But many more in poorer Asian societies are not so lucky - the expense of treatment often leads to people dying a slow death.

'Not ready'

Dr Timothy Kwok, a geriatrician who has worked in the UK and Hong Kong, believes there are not enough people pressing for greater openness toward either active or passive euthanasia for a substantial change to take place any time soon.

Highrise residential property in Hong Kong
About 300 people commit suicide a year in Hong Kong

Dr Kwok notes that in Hong Kong, for those who are able-bodied enough to take their own life, there is a surprisingly high suicide rate, about 300 cases a year, with high-rise apartment buildings making jumping easy.

But he says that for those who do not have this option, family structures in Asian societies are much more focused on keeping people alive than they are in the West.

"It's very rare a family would want somebody to die. They would try to preserve life as long as possible," he says.

In his clinical practice he is constantly coming across cases where families will provide daily, detailed care to people who are frail and almost vegetative.


ASSISTED DYING
Euthanasia: taking deliberate action, such as an injection, or withdrawing medical treatment to end a person's life
Assisted suicide: providing the means, e.g. medicine, to allow a patient to end their own life

Assisted suicide: Global debate

"Whereas in the UK, people tend to be more willing to let them go, more likely to let go," says Dr Kwok.

This is not because of a less caring society but a difference in perspective, he says.

In the West, there is "a higher respect for individuals' rights and quality of life," he believes. "Whereas here, life is more a collective thing, we are less individualistic. Your life is part of the family. Even if you want to die, your family would not let you die.

"You are part of the family. If you die there's a consequence to your family, to the people around you," says Dr Kwok.

That attitude applies even when the patient would rather end it all.

'Face' and faith

And in Asia, he thinks, people are more concerned about what others might think, the 'face' aspect.

Paradoxically perhaps, doctors suggest from anecdotal evidence that some Christians in Asia are more likely to let their elderly relatives go, or at least the more westernised care-givers are.

Another difference is that many older people in Asia lack the education required to fully debate the issues.

The 40-year old Ah Bun wants the right to choose - but does not want to hurt his parents.

"I never discuss with my family. I think, why can our lives not be decided by ourselves? Life is our property," he says.

But he will spend many more years "facing the ceiling only", before any laws in Asia will give him a choice.

PET+BLOGSPOT is the official online blog of the Malaysian Animal-Assisted Therapy for the Disabled and Elderly Association (Petpositive).

Our blog which was first established in October 2007 currently has more than 30,000 hits. Kindly take note that views expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of Petpositive.

You may also visit our Webpage by browsing: www.petpositive.com.my


Making Sense Of The Postal Vote

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 06:30 AM PDT

Fraudulent use of postal vote is a common complaint by the Opposition. Attempts at overhauling the system has been stone-walled by the ruling party for obvious reasons…

General Election

The first ever general election in post-independent Malaya was in 1959. All in all, the country has witnessed 12 general elections, the latest being in March 2008. And if the Prime Minister does not see the urgency of dissolving the parliament to get a new mandate from the rakyat, the 13th General Election will be in 2013. The Federal Constitution requires that a general election be held once every five years. Barisan National (BN) has been winning successive general election since 1959 but suffered a setback in March 2008 when it lost its two-third majority in parliament, the first ever in the coalition's history.

To register as a voter in Malaysia requires one to be citizen of the country and is above 21 years old. They must then register themselves as voters with the Election Commission (EC) either online or at offices sanctioned by the Commission, namely post offices.

Voting Methods

While it is possible to vote by post, proxy and in person in other countries, voting in Malaysia is restricted to these two methods only - in person and by post. However, voting by post is only available to servicemen (armed forces and police personnel), students studying abroad and those serving in Malaysian embassies overseas. Indonesia, like many Western democracies, allows its citizens living abroad to vote. This has somewhat escaped the Election Commission's notice despite repeated attempts at alluding to such glaring anomaly

Postal vote has remained a contentious issue since the first GE in 1959. The fact that it is only restricted to the privileged few speaks volumes of its inappropriateness in this modern era. The Malayan Emergency had long gone and so had the Communist threats since the December 1989 Armistice. Our security forces no longer operate away from their home bases. With the exception of those serving on UN missions abroad, the majority of our servicemen are home-bound and are located at bases throughout the country. Is there a necessity for them to caste their votes through the mail box?

The country's armed forces is some 80,000 strong and this number can tip the balance in someone's favour should all of them vote. The 14,000 postal votes garnered by the BN candidate in the Setiawangsa constituency during the March 2008 election is a case in point.

Grouse

Fraudulent use of postal votes is a common complaint by the Opposition after every general election. Attempts to overhaul the system remain nothing more than lip service to placate the disgruntled. A similar effort at introducing indelible ink to prevent multiple voting was disallowed at the eleventh hour. The excuse given was that voters reserved the right not to use the ink as it had no legal standing. An amendment to the Election Regulations 1981 was required. The EC had failed to table the amendment at the Dewan Rakyat during its final session from August to December 2007.

Postal vote will not be hotly debated if it had remained true to its spirit. If it is done the way we submit our annual income tax returns to IRD via the post, there will be little to complain, as everything is above board. The voter gets his voting slip in an envelope and is required to cross the name of his candidate of choice and then mail the slip in a self-addressed envelope to the EC agent in his constituency. So long as the sealed envelope reaches the returning officer at the stipulated time, the vote is considered valid. But this is not the case insofar as our postal voting process is concerned.

New Approach

The approach to the voting process for servicemen since 1990 has assumed a new dimension. Soldiers are given their voting slips as required. The forms are numbered thus whatever party the individual soldier votes can be traced if tracking needs to be done. Thus secrecy, which is an inherent right of the voter, is being compromised. Once voting is done the soldier does not drop his sealed envelope in a mail box but into a mail bag provided by the EC instead.

In the 1990 and 1995 general elections the job of managing postal vote in the armed forces was entrusted to the Personnel Division of the Ministry of Defence. An officer was assigned to each formation headquarters in the country. The said officer would stay at his assigned location until the whole voting process was done. The mail bags with the postal votes would then be surrendered to the EC. Where these bags will eventually end is anyone's guess. And whether the bags will remain intact while in transit is another question altogether. The Election Commission has not given any satisfactory answers in spite of criticisms heaped upon it by the Opposition and election watchdogs.

Canvassing in army camps is strictly taboo and ground commanders are mindful of this restriction. However, there have been instances when members of the ruling party are allowed to "talk to the boys on a personal basis". Therefore, the possibility of soldiers being smooth-talked into voting a particular party cannot be ruled out.

Gerrymandering

Postal votes will feature prominently at the coming Bagan Pinang by-election on October 11, 2009. The state constituency is home to an armoured regiment, four training establishments and the Army Recruit Training Centre. It supports a population of over 5000 service personnel which represents almost 36 percent of the total number of voters in the constituency. It will definitely have an impact on the overall result.

An equitable solution to this problem is long overdue. We have to do away with postal vote, as the process is so flawed and biased. But will the beneficiaries agree to a change when gerrymandering is their forte?

Lt Col (Rtd) Fathol Zaman Bukhari
Editorial Ipoh Echo Issue 83


najib altantuya Kugan's death: Cop to be charged tomorrow - nizar nizar nizar

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 08:36 AM PDT

UPDATED 10.50PM At least one police personnel is expected to be charged tomorrow in relation to the death of 23-year-old police detainee Kugan Ananthan.

It is believed that the police personnel would be charged at the Petaling Jaya Magistrate's Court early in the morning.

Malaysiakini later learnt that there is a possibility the AG may defer his decision to charge the suspect tomorrow.

Ok lah. At least, one police personnel is expected to be charged but nobody knows when except the AG.


STILL ALIVE

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 08:08 AM PDT

JUST a brief note to say
Am still alive
After the Hongkong trip
After the Labuan trip
Still enjoying remaining one week holiday
Planning. Stategising. Working
Who knows what the tides will bring
Tomorrow


The Armenian Genocide

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 06:08 AM PDT

The Armenian Genocide was carried out by the "Young Turk" government of the Ottoman Empire in 1915-1916 (with subsidiaries to 1922-23). One and a half million Armenians were killed, out of a total of two and a half million Armenians in the Ottoman Empire.Armenians all over the world commemorate this great tragedy on April 24, because it was on that day in 1915 when 300 Armenian leaders, writers, thinkers and professionals in Constantinople (present day Istanbul) were rounded up, deported and killed. Also on that day in Constantinople, 5,000 of the poorest Armenians were butchered in the streets and in their homes. More...

Watch this 35 minutes documentary.



Here are photos of the genocide. More here.


This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

The Plan

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 01:25 AM PDT

Well, I am unwell for the past 2 days ever since I am back from Genting to cover an LG event up there. Really hope for a speedy recovery as I am flying to Thailand this Friday for a week, then back here to Malaysia for few more days before flying off to Hong Kong (HKG) to spend my remaining days & months of 2009 there.



This will also be the very first time that I am out of the country for a long time and to be frank I am really anticipated about it. What I will miss most of course my family & friends here and not to mention the food here.

And to my brothers - Rim & Chong, don't worry I will be back!

What prompted me to do such decision to leave? Am I not worried leaving a stable job in LG and venturing into something that I am totally green about it? Yes, I am especially seeing my bank account decreasing day by day. But at 30, I looked at what I had achieved in LG, I told myself I had enough, I rather stay happy & healthy than to seek & fight for something that I do not foresee that I can achieve there. Happiness play a key role to my decision, and last I heard my junior who I had been working with close to 2 years leaving too! So to the public reading my blog, I should not talk much bout my ex-company, it does not require a genius to understand the culture and work-like there. Brother Jeremy, I wish you the best in your undertakings, been a pleasure to work with you.

So what's my plan next? Travel only? Nah... I am taking up a job of website revamping in HKG, submitted my quotation, been shortlisted and will still need to do my presentation to client and hopefully can beat the rest of competitors mainly from HKG. Should the project be awarded to me, I will be there to coordinate the implementation up to the execution stage.

Since it is the last quarter of 2009, HKG allows Malaysians to stay up to 90 days, meaning I can at the same time celebrate my X'mas & New Year there, an opportunity that I do not want to miss. I will also be meeting up friends in HKG & Macao (Josie & Sexy, see you people soon!). Plus, will have few friends visiting HKG during my stay there, Deric & Alan, see you guys there!

And this period will also be the best time for me to be a bit slimmer. I somehow lost weight each & every time I travel, the place I am staying in HKG will have all the facilities like gymnasium, swimming pool & jogging track. Must be disciplined enough to look better myself!

For those who want to contact me, sorry peeps, I will be suspending my maxis line before flying off but rest assured I will share with you guys my HKG number on facebook ya! And for friends who want me to help them buy stuff in HKG, email me and visit my other blog @ Shop With Mike, I will try my very best to get it for you all ya!

And cross fingers, hopefully I can spare time to visit China, got my China visa standby as well.




I shall be back in February 2010 just in time for Chinese New Year here. And what's the plan ahead? I am seeking a full-time employment job or perhaps a joint-venture in Bangkok, Thailand. Why Thailand you may ask? Well, it's complicated and remember earlier in my post I mentioned, happiness is the key.

Till then people, more updates on my travelogue!


Era Najib Altantuya : Surat Untuk Pemimpin PAS

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 02:58 AM PDT

Datuk Seri,

Apabila angin ribut kuat di tengah laut, Datuk Seri tak terasa sejukkah ketika Datuk Seri sedang memancing jerung. Ketika badai melanda, Datuk Seri tak kecewakah apabila kail hanya lekat anak gelama tengkerong?

Arus politik di daratan barangkali lebih dari angin ribut di lautan. Datuk Seri baliklah cepat dan lihat di sebuah negeri ehsan mengehsan, yang kaya dengan pucuk batubata.

Memurut khabar, seperti yang saya pernah tulis berkali-kali, anak buah Datuk Seri ini gila dan ketagih sangat nak bercakap atau membuat kenyataan akhbar. Kononnya 'press confren'. Hasilnya selalu jadi bola tanggung. Orang 'kelepup' kepala kita balik.

Apa yang terjadi di negeri ehsan mengehsan itu? Dalam sidang akhbar dan TV (kedua-duanya media tak sebulu dengan PAS) kononnya seorang yang bertaraf Pesuruhjaya tidak akan tunduk kepada ugutan rakan sepemerintahnya yang menggesa pucuk pemimpin kerajaan mengambil tindakan disiplin ke atas dirinya berhubung isu arak.

Tuan Guru Datuk Seri,

Betulkah status atau pangkat PESURUHJAYA setiap negeri itu adalah status atau pangkat MENTERI BESAR kalau Pas memerintah? Maaf Datuk Seri, terlupa pula saya. Datuk Seri juga Pesuruhjaya kemudian jadi MB dulu. Di Kedah, Datuk Seri Azizan, Pesuruhjaya, kini MB juga.

Begitulah bla...bla...bla...

Maka terah sekian lama hengar bingar, kecuh hebuh tentang Ronnie Liu dari DAP dengan seorang pesuruhjaya di negeri ehsan mengehsan ini belum reda lagi. Semua orang tahu. Isunya bukan pasal arak sangat. Isunya isu yang ada main acilut di belakang tabir.

Tapi yang jelas kita nampak sekarang, ianya seperti satu perjuangan MAHA SUCI, MAHA JUJUR dan maha-maha demi prinsip, dasar dan kewajipan konon. Saya tak berapa faham tentang ini Datuk Seri tapi saya fikir sia-sia jika kita nak minta berdamai atas nama pakatan, perkongsian dan lain-lain, kerana ada sebahagian mereka bukan ini perjuangan mereka, walaupun dikatakan sebagai ahli Pas yang tidak gila pangkat dan darjat.

Apa yang dihebuh sebenarnya bukan isu itu. Datuk Seri pasti faham. Inilah satu penyakit yang saya sangat-sangat takut Datuk Seri, apabila melanda ke atas pemimpin dan perjuangan Pas. Siang malam menjeri mengatakan kerana Allah, jihad, demi Islam tetapi sebenarnya tingkah laku, gerak dan feel, malah kelip mata pun orang tahu, yang dikejar bukan itu. Kata ulama, inilah 'hubbun dunya.'
Betulkah?

Datuk Seri, maafkan saya.

Bagaimana kalau kita buat bacaan begini dalam situasi sekarang:
PKR sekarang ada 15 kerusi
DAP sekarang ada 13 kerusi
Umno sekarang ada 20 kerusi
PAS sekarang ada 8 kerusi

Yang peliknya, 8 kerusi ini, parti yang Datuk Seri terajui, hingar bising, kelupur melenting lebih dari 15 kerusi atau lebih dari 20 kerusi. Mereka menaruh impian yang sangat tinggi, melaram yang tak menasabah. Bercita-cita tak kesampaian. Bagi mereka walaupun 8 kerusi, mereka boleh perintah.

Kalau yang 20 kerusi melenting dan kacau, tidak menghairankan. Kan itu pembangkang. Tapi yang 8 ini, apa jadahnya?

Kalau hanya 8 kerusi berimpian boleh memerintah, formulanya apa?

Saya nak peringatkan Datuk Seri, Nasaruddin, Salehuddin Ayub, Datuk Mahfuz dan Setiausaha dan lain-lain diperingkat pusat ini, hubaya-hubayalah dengan melenting dan menggelupur mereka yang bertaraf pesuruhjaya ini kerana pesuruhjaya memungkinkan terus melompat menjadi Menteri Besar.

Formulanya sangat senang:

Bersusik-suksik, berbisik, mengenyit mata dan keremot hidung dengan hidung mancung berkilat merlit, maka akan terjadi 8 kerusi menduduki bersama dengan 20 kerusi. Akan jadi 28 kerusi.

28 kerusi akan sama dengan PKR dan DAP: 15+ 13= 28.

Apabila seimbang begini, berlakulah beli membeli untuk melebihi hanya satu jari kelingking, maka pihak itulah yang akan jadi kerajaan. Atas muslihat busuk dan khianat yang dirancang sekian lama, maka apakah tidak mustahil seorang dari yang 8 ini menjadi MB dan ia tentulah dipilih dari kalangan Pesuruhjaya kerana itulah tarafnya pun.

Bukan mustahil Datuk Seri. Ketika itu Datuk Seri akan melihat terpelantingnya prinsip Islam, perjuangan Islam, Lillahita`ala, jihad demi hanya gilakan sedikit kuasa. Katika itu Datuk Seri akan menangis kerana begitu jadinya setelah berpuluh tahun tarbiah dan usrah Tuan Guru tidak menjadi.

Jadi Datuk Seri, maafkan saya kerana saya tak percaya apa yang bergolak sekarang hanya kononnya nak mempertahankan prinsip, demi Islam dan demi maruah. Yang sebenarnya formula seperti di ataslah yang menjadi kegilaan. Kemungkinan akan berlaku. Jangan tidak percaya dan jangan terkejut kalau ada 'press confren': kami 8 orang mengisytiharkan keluar dari pakatan dan menyertai Umno.

Bukankah politik itu seribu kemungkinan Datuk Seri.
Wallahu aklam. Maaf. - Azizi Abdullah

Ulasan GB

Nota : Surat di atas ditulis sebelum berlaku pergolakan SELCAT yang ditimbulkan oleh Dr Hassan Ali.


Era Najib Altantuya : Umno/BN 'berperang' Sesama Sendiri Di Bagan Pinang

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 02:38 AM PDT

Setiap kali ada pilihan raya, umum atau kecil, Umno BN menerusi media yang dikawalnya kerap menyiarkan laporan kononya Pakatan Rakyat tidak sepakat berhubung pemilihan calon.

Hakikatnya apa yang berlaku ialah sebaliknya. Contoh atau bukti terbaru ialah soal calon Umno BN yang bakal dipilih untuk bertanding pilihanraya kecil Bagan Pinang.

Jelas Umno BN terus bergolak berhubung isu calon yang bakal diletakkan pada pilihnaraya kecil Bagan Pinang. Realiltinya ialah ada pelbagai puak dalam Umno yang mahu 'bos 'masing-masing dipilih.

Dan walau siapa pun dipilih pucuk pimpinan , rasa tidak puas hati pasti ada dan dendam mendendam akan terjadi..

"Soal calon di Bagan Pinang ini sekarang ini pada pendapat saya calon ini menimbulkan masalah besar. Sebab itu ada kenyataan-kenyataan yang hebat daripada pemimpin-pemimpin Umno antaranya yang mempertahankan supaya Isa Samad menjadi calon dan ada juga yang mengkritik.

"Yang terbaru ialah kenyataan Tun Dr. Mahathir sendiri bekas Perdana Menteri yang menawarkan diri untuk beliau bertanding di kerusi Bagan Pinang sekiranya Isa Samad masih dikekalkan sebagai calon Barisan Nasional,".

Kata beliau tentangan terhadap Isa oleh Umno sendiri memang dijangkakan dan kes politik wang beliau dulu akan dijadikan alasan menyerang beliau.

"Pada saya Umno kini sedang mengalami krisis keyakinan yang cukup besar apakan lagi dalam konteks politik Negeri Sembilan sudah menjadi rahsia umum yang Isa Samad adalah suatu pemimpin politik yang digeruni oleh Menteri Besar Negeri Sembilan sekarang ini.

"Saya melihat Isa Samad juga akan menggunakan rahsia-rahsia sulit yang beliau ada terhadap Datuk Najib sendiri kerana kita sendiri tahu banyak rahsia-rahsia Datuk Najib sendiri termasuk skandal beliau yang ditutup oleh Isa Samad. Pada kita, ini merupakan perkara-perkara yang tidak memberikan pendidikan politik yang baik kepada rakyat.

Bagi Pakatan Rakyat pemilihan calonnya akan dilakukan berdasarkan kriteria yang ditetapkan.

"Dan oleh kerana itu kita meletakkan syarat yang ketat untuk menjadi calon. Dia perlu menjadi seorang yang amanah, bertanggungjawab mempunyai intergriti dan tentunya mempunyai tanggungjawab yang besar dalam pilihan raya.

"Budaya seperti ini tidak berlaku dalam Umno kerana Isa Samad ini terpalit dengan pelbagai masalah intergriti dan penyelewengan rasuah politik wang yang ingin dijadikan calon. Ini pada pendapat kita, itu adalah satu kelebihan kepada pakatan terutamanya Pas yang akan bertanding kerana saya yakin rakyat sekarang ini, rakyat sudah pandai membuat pilihan dan penilaian rakyat ini boleh mengukur mana-mana parti yang mengabaikan kepentingan rakyat," katanya. -TVA




This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Era Najib Altantuya : Hassan Ali Berbohong?

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 02:47 AM PDT

Speaker Dewan Undangan Negeri (DUN) Selangor, Teng Chang Kim menuduhkan exco negeri yang juga pesuruhjaya PAS Selangor, Datuk Hassan Ali berbohong.

Bercakap dalam satu sidang akhbar di Shah Alam hari ini, Teng berkata, Hasan telah dilaporkan mendakwa beliau telah menuduh pegawai daerah Klang, Bakhtiar Hussin sebagai "tidak cekap" dan "tidak layak".

Teng mendakwa, Hasan kini berbohong lagi untuk menutup pembohongan pertamanya.


Sebelum ini, Hasan meminta supaya dirombak Jawatankuasa Pilihan Khas Mengenai Keupayaan, Kebertanggungjawaban dan Ketelusan Selangor (Selcat) yang dipengerusikan oleh Teng.

Teng yang juga ADUN Sungai Pinang berkata beliau bimbang tindak tanduk Hasan itu boleh menjatuhkan kerajaan Pakatan Rakyat dalam pilihanraya umum akan datang.

Hasan dikritik rakan-rakannya dalam Pakatan selepas beliau mengkritik siasatan awam Selcat yang didakwanya telah 'memalukan' pegawai kerajaan.

Selcat mengadakan siasatan tersebut untuk menyiasat bagaimana wakil rakyat BN membelanjakan peruntukan tahunan RM500,000 dalam masa dua bulan sebelum pilihanraya umum pada Mac tahun lalu. - Malaysiakini

Ulasan GB

Memalukan jika benar Hassan Ali, seorang pemimpin Pesuruhjaya PAS berdusta semata-mata untuk memenuhi nafsunya menyerang Selcat.

Jika demikian sudah pasti saat kehancuran PAS Selangor akan tiba.




Forbidden Land of Namibia

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 01:48 AM PDT

I'm standing on a dusty road, in a windswept desert, and it feels like the edge of the earth. I'm about to cross the invisible border into the Sperrgebiet – or forbidden zone – an act which, for the last hundred years, would have got me arrested, beaten or shot.

A lanner falcon wheels above me in the silence of the African wilderness. Nothing else happens, so I carry on walking.

The Sperrgebiet, a 20,000-square-kilometre region of southwest Namibia, has been closed to visitors since 1908 to protect the region's vital and lucrative diamond industry from smugglers. As of this month, however, the area has become the world's newest and possibly most amazing national park.

The opening of the Sperrgebiet has been a long time coming. Owned jointly by diamond companies and the Namibian government, much of the zone has already been mined out but an element of paranoia – and bureaucratic lethargy – has nonetheless prevented tourists exploring this region, until now.

Why is the Sperrgebiet so tempting for adventurous travellers? There are many reasons: its ecology, history, culture and its extraordinary landscapes – as well as some truly exquisite seafood. Thanks to its forbidden status, the Sperrgebiet is one of the most unspoilt tracts of land on the wildest continent on earth. Even if it were just meadow, it would be a curiosity but this isn't just your average park.

The Sperrgebeit is a very unusual environment. Much of it is a desert where the unique flora is watered by fog which rolls in from the Atlantic Ocean, caused by the icy Benguela current flowing from the Antarctic. I can feel a fierce wind even now, as I stand on glittering Diaz Point, 20km south of Lüderitz.

Lüderitz is where most people will begin their Sperrgebiet adventures. This former German colonial town has its own odd and desolate airport (occasionally overwhelmed by sand dunes) which you can fly to from Windhoek, the Namibian capital. I drove north from Cape Town: it took two days, through some of the starkest scenery on God's earth, but the journey was well worth it.

Diaz Point is spectacularly austere. The promontory is named after the 15th-century Portuguese explorer, Bartholomew Diaz, who landed here on his famous journey south, when he became the first European to voyage around the Cape of Good Hope and into the Indian Ocean. When he first stepped ashore in 1487 he must have thought he had landed in a waterless, windswept, cruelly beautiful corner of hell.

But that unhappy wind, apparently so hostile and bitter, actually carries some noises more encouraging to man: I can also hear barks and calls of life. The islands offshore are home to pungent cities of jackass penguins; the beaches are draped with thousands of fur seals, which in turn support a bloodthirsty predator, the strandwolf – a ruffian local version of the brown hyena - that devours vulnerable seal pups whenever it gets the chance.

There are plenty of other faunal and floral oddities in the Forbidden Zone. Right in front of me, the beach is littered with the corpses of gelatinous scarlet aliens – or rather, that's what they resemble. In fact, they are huge Namibian sea-nettles, one of the world's biggest jellyfish. Similarly unique insects, plants and reptiles all thrive in this But that unhappy wind, apparently so hostile and bitter, actually carries some noises more encouraging to man: I can also hear barks and calls of life. The islands offshore are home to pungent cities of jackass penguins; the beaches are draped with thousands of fur seals, which in turn support a bloodthirsty predator, the strandwolf – a ruffian local version of the brown hyena - that devours vulnerable seal pups whenever it gets the chance.

There are plenty of other faunal and floral oddities in the Forbidden Zone. Right in front of me, the beach is littered with the corpses of gelatinous scarlet aliens – or rather, that's what they resemble. In fact, they are huge Namibian sea-nettles, one of the world's biggest jellyfish. Similarly unique insects, plants and reptiles all thrive in this harsh environment: misshapen cacti that feed off the sea-mist; trees so poisonous the smoke from the burning wood can kill you; beetles that stand on their legs to suck the lifegiving moisture from the air.

Then there are the real stars: the famous wild horses of the Namib – remarkable animals that wander between the shifting Barchan sand dunes, the peculiar quiver trees and the looming violet inselbergs, the ethereal and dreamy mountains that rise with eerie abruptness from the Sperrgebiet's yellow dust.

As I travel inland, towards Aus, I spot my first horse, wild and lonesome and loping across the dirt road. Then I see more – dozens, then entire herds. Kicking and rolling in the sandy heat-haze, they look like the ghosts of ordinary horses, roaming free in the afterlife. It's a strangely haunting sight.

No one is sure how these horses arrived here. Some think they were released by an eccentric German, Captain von Wolf back in 1907, from the thoroughbred stables that he kept at Duwisib, a castle built at enormous expense in the nearby Naukluft desert. Another suggestion is that they originally escaped from British Army vessels shipwrecked off the Skeleton Coast: the boats foundered, but the hardiest horses swam ashore.

The most likely idea is that they are the last remnants of the Schutztruppe – the German colonial army, that once ruled supreme over SudWest Afrika - until it was defeated by the South African forces of the British Empire in 1915. Whatever the horses' provenance, they are slowly evolving, and adapting to the dry conditions.
Reluctantly, I turn away from the mesmerising sight of these wild animals and head south. Several hours of bumpy driving along dirt roads – many of them deliberately unmarked on maps, some of them almost lost to the drifting sands (you will need a vehicle with good ground clearance if not a 4x4) takes me into one of the world's greatest wildernesses. This is Fish River Canyon, now a national park – as well as an impressive geological phenomenon – that is linked to the Richtersveld Park across the border in South Africa.

And wow. I'm fortunate enough to have done some remarkable drives in my time: across the deserts of the south-western US, through the jungles of Vietnam, around the rainforests of Madagascar. But none of them – not one – can hold a candle to the drive between Aus and the South African border, along the gorgeous green ribbon nourished by the Fish River. It's a vivid and winding oasis of life amidst the utter desolation of one of the driest countries south of the equator.

The loneliness is part of the canyon's hypnotic appeal: at one point I step out of my air-conditioned car, into the 40C heat (wherever you go in Namibia, take a hat, sunblock and many litres of water) and the silence stuns me. I can see African fish eagles soaring in the infinity of blue, desert baboons are squatting under a camel thorn tree just 10m away, but I'm possibly the only human being for 50km in any direction.

It's slightly scary and rather humbling – and it gets better. The road ducks and twists through gorges, along wooded cliffs and, at one point, nearly tips into the mighty river. Then, suddenly, it climbs out of the canyon and out onto a desolate plateau, dotted with the occasional square of greenery indicating a vineyard (this lost corner of Namibia, it seems, even supports its own vineyards).
Yet if all of this makes the Forbidden Zone sound too daunting for a holiday, don't worry. There are outposts of luxury – halfway down the Aus road to Richtersveld is the bizarre mining town of Rosh Pinah: I say bizarre because it so opulent in such an unlikely setting. It's like a well-to-do Arizona resort town dumped in the African desert: the supermarkets are shaded with elegant palms, there are pubs and internet cafes and restaurants serving eland (antelope) steaks in pepper sauce. Even the garages stock bottles of fine South African pinotage.

Where does this prosperity come from? The many forbidding signs denoting the Namdeb Diamond Corporation give the game away. Diamond Zone 1, as Sperrgebiet is also known, may be opening up to tourists but gems are still big business here - two million carats of fine diamonds are mined in the region annually, and Rosh Pinah is one of Namdeb's more significant towns.

The most important diamond city of all is Oranjemund, on the Atlantic coast, 90km away down a gravel road. But don't bother taking this road unless you have a very good reason, plus a permit from the police and an invitation from a resident. Oranjemund is one of the most restricted cities in the free world. Only those in the diamond trade are allowed in. Namdeb take their security so seriously that even pigeons aren't allowed – they are shot out of the sky just in case someone uses them to smuggle gems.

A better bet than being shot is to keep going until you reach the South African frontier, then loop around on the main road back to Aus. This road is tarmacked and the going fast so you can make the journey in a few hours. But do take some time to view the scenery: springbok run wild here, likewise oryx, zebra, ostrich and klipspringers - these cute little antelopes bound across the rocky hillsides with the grace of female Russian gymnasts.

Aus is a good base for travellers because it has one of the most alluring hotels in Namibia, the Klein-Aus Vista. The chalets near the hotel restaurant are clean and comfy, and the food in the restaurant is excellent (game meats like kudu come highly recommended) but what makes Klein aus Vista so amazing are the self-catering lodges high up in the hills, about 10 minutes' drive from reception.

The Afrikaans owners of Klein-Aus Vista have tried to make these luxury huts as inconspicuous as possible: lodges like the Eagle's Nest are literally built out of boulders, with rocks emerging in the sitting room. Each comes equipped with a braai area, where you can barbecue your own boerwurst if you don't fancy the drive down to the restaurant. The kitchens sparkle with equipment, there are fine wines in the cupboard, and the views across the veld and the desert, where the Succulent Karoo meets the dunes of the Namib-Naukluft, are incomparable.

The nights are, if anything, even more magnificent. The total lack of pollution makes these skies some of the clearest on Earth: you can see the stars as my African ancestors saw them. And when the sun eventually wakes over the Karas Mountains, you may spot mongoose or hyrax sipping from the water dishes placed on the terrace of every lodge. I was actually woken by a large desert hare and a bat-eared fox, right outside my window, squabbling over the remains of my al fresco supper.
The last leg of any Sperrgebiet journey will probably take you back to Lüderitz, and to the airport out in the wilderness. But it's well worth lingering in Lüderitz itself. This seaport, with its lofty Lutheran churches and gingerbread Bavarian houses standing stark against the dust of the encroaching desert, has a surreal charm, surrounded as it is by intriguing ghost towns, slowly drowning under lemon-yellow dunes.

The nightlife here isn't up to much – though diamond miners do get boisterous in downtown bars such as Rumours or Kapps – so the best thing to do in the evening is to enjoy the fabulous seafood in the town's finest hotel, the Swiss-run Lüderitz Nest, with its neat little swimming pool sheltered from the winds.

The hake and the kingclip are always good, the rock lobster is excellent but my favourite was oysters. I had a dozen on the half-shell every night, fresh from the cold sea right outside. So accommodating was the Lüderitz Nest after the rigours of travelling around Sperrgebiet that I came for three days and ended up staying for 10.

On the last day, I drove once more across the yellow sands to the dunes where the wild horses roam. I sat there for several hours, staring at these strange feral creatures wandering gaunt and alone through the endless, hazy deserts like shades of a long-lost cavalry. It occurred to me that they were a suitably poetic symbol for one of the world's strangest and possibly most remarkable of national parks.








Some Men Do Not Deserve To Have A Penis

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 01:03 AM PDT

Some men do not deserve to have a penis. Let me tell you why. Firstly, they hide inside accessible toilets to smoke, selfishly polluting it with the stench of cigarette fumes. Secondly, they simply do not bother to lift the toilet seat when peeing. Thirdly, they do not know how to aim properly. Hello! You are not dousing a fire. There is no need to swing it from left to right and up and down. Just shoot straight into the toilet bowl lar!

Dirty accessible toilet
Inside one of the accessible toilets at Ikano Power Centre.

This photo was taken inside one of the accessible toilets at Ikano Power Centre. This must be the work of a man who did not know how to hold his penis to direct the stream of urine into the toilet bowl. There was urine all over the toilet seat and on the floor too. The room reeked of cigarette fumes. Imagine my consternation when I got into the toilet and was greeted by the unsettling sight and smell. Fortunately I did not need to sit on the toilet bowl. Unfortunately, I usually spend a little more time in the toilet as compared to other people and had to bear with the stench the entire duration I was inside.

Ikano Power Centre is one of the most accessible buildings. In fact it is a paradise for wheelchair users. There are ample accessible parking spaces. The entire building is almost 100% accessible except for the rather steep ramp connecting to Ikea at the ground floor and the pet shop at Level 2. Moreover, just across the road is The Curve where food outlets are aplenty.

There are so many reasons why I like to hang out there, only to be spoilt by idiots who mess up the accessible toilets. These are the handful of people who make other Malaysians look bad. When I was in Tokyo, all the public toilets that I used at train stations, shopping complexes and at the airport were spotlessly clean and, mostly importantly, dry. Malaysians should learn to be more civic conscious and discard that third world mentality. We should keep toilets clean for the next person just like we would like the person before us do the same.

Related posts:

  1. Please Don't Squat Sign inside one of the accessible toilets at Ikano Power...
  2. Toilet Tales With a flimsy piece of tissue paper wrapped around the...
  3. Blatant Abuse of Disabled Toilets Berjaya Times Square has some of the cleanest disabled toilets...
  4. Two Sides Of Human Nature Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to observe two contrasting...
  5. Accessible Toilets For Wheelchair Users Wheelchair accessible toilet at Gleneagles Intan Medical Centre.Photo by Wuan....


Speaker raps 'consistently inconsistent' Hasan - nizar nizar nizar najib altantuya

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 10:29 PM PDT

BREAKING NEWS Selangor Speaker Teng Chang Khim today lashed out at s tate PAS commissioner Hasan Ali for allegedly cooking up a 'blatant lie'.


DEFENDING THE RIGHTS OF THE MALAYS – PLEASE SAY IT AGAIN HASSAN ALI?

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 10:10 PM PDT

It was reported that Selangor PAS Commissioner Hassan Ali has said that the reason he raised the issue regarding SELCAT's method of questioning of witnesses over the unusual disbursement and spending of the previous Selangor government state assemblymen allocation was because he only wanted to defend the rights of the Malays. Here, he was referring to the District Officers who were called as witness to the public inquiry.

I think Hassan Ali is utterly confused as to what ought to be defended, and what ought not to be defended. In the case of the on-going SELCAT inquiry, it is clear that the District Officers who are the custodian of public funds have approved the request for the release of the allocation to the assemblymen via the 'express service' that is deemed unusual and supposedly casting aside regulatory procedures pertaining to the disbursement of the allocation.

Here we are talking about public funds derived from the tax payers totaling several millions, and not the personal account of the Menteri Besar or the assemblymen. For the assemblymen to exhaust their entire year's allocation within a space of a few days and prior to the March 8, 2008 General Elections, should be a cause of grave concern to the District Officers. How could they ignore this is something that I as a retired government servant could not fathom. I know for sure that there is no such thing as an 'express service' in the disbursement of funds in the government, and I think Hassan Ali also knows this.

SELCAT has every right to find out the truth and if need be, to be harsh in their questioning of the witnesses in order to get the truth out of them. There is an obvious lack of responsibility and accountability on the part of the District Officers being questioned, and this has to be corrected. In defending the conduct of the District Officers, is Hassan Ali saying that what the District Officers did was proper and in keeping with the order of the regulatory procedures?

If Hassan Ali is sincere in wanting to defend the rights of the Malays, there are many other issues that he can be looking at and one of which is the long delays taken by the previous BN state government in reviewing the status of Malay reserve land. Don't tell me that these land that has been occupied by the Malays for several generation will remain a 'leased land' in perpetuity? Please go out and start asking the owners of such land.

Next, as an elected representative, is Hassan Ali satisfied with the livelihood of the Malays in the kampungs. While the people living in the urban areas lavish themselves with the 'joys of life', many in the Malay kampungs scarcely earn enough to feed their families a meal a day. Haven't he noticed this? And what about those poor Malay kampung folks who cannot afford to send the children to school? Doesn't he know this? These are the things that he should be voicing out loud, if Hassan Ali is dead serious in wanting the defend the Malays………not merely their rights. And please do not forget that as an elected representative, you are also responsible to the other races, and not merely your kind.


CRUSADE AGAINST CORRUPTION


Dog-Feces Ice Cream

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 08:19 PM PDT

What happened in New York last week is that Barack Obama is not to blame for whichever vagary of United Nations protocol resulted in the president of the United States being the warm-up act for the Lunatic-for-Life in charge of Libya. To be sure, Colonel Qaddafi peddled his thoughts on the laboratory origins of "swine flu" and the Zionist plot behind the Kennedy assassination.

The day after the president of the United States addressed the U.N. General Assembly, the prime minister of Israel took to the podium, and held up a copy of the minutes of the Wansee Conference at which German officials planned the "Final Solution" to their Jewish problem. This is the pathetic state to which the U.N. has been reduced after six decades: The Jew-hatred of Ahmadinejad and others is so routine that a sane man has to stand up in the global parliament and attempt to demonstrate to lunatics that the Holocaust actually happened.

One sympathizes with Benjamin Netanyahu. But he's missing the point. Ahmadinejad & co aren't Holocaust deniers because of the dearth of historical documentation. They do so because they can, and because it suits their own interests to do so, and because in the regimes they represent the state lies to its people as a matter of course and to such a degree that there is no longer an objective reality only a self-constructed one. In Libya and Syria and far too many "nations," truth is simply what the thug in the presidential palace declares it to be. But don't worry, Obama assures them, we're not "defined by our differences." Hey, that's great, isn't it? Yet, if you can no longer distinguish between the truth and a lie, why be surprised that the lie metastasizes and becomes, if not yet quite respectable, at least semi-respectable and acceptable in polite society?

Some western nations walked out of Ahmadinejad's speech: Canada was first; Austria stuck around; America left somewhere in between. "It is disappointing that Mr. Ahmadinejad has once again chosen to espouse hateful, offensive, and anti-Semitic rhetoric," huffed U.S. spokesman Mark Kornblau. In full by Mark Steyn in the National Review...


Era Najib Altantuya : OSA Untuk Lindung Skandal PKFZ?

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 09:48 PM PDT

Pas Pahang mendesak pemimpin UMNO dan Barisan Nasional (BN) supaya tidak menggunakan Akta Rahsia Rasmi (OSA) bagi menyembunyikan salah laku dan penyelewengan wang kerajaan membabitkan pemimpin politik seperti yang berlaku dalam isu Zon Bebas Pelabuhan Klang (PKFZ).

Timbalan Pesuruhjaya Pas Pahang, Yusof Embong berkata, terdapat unsur penyelewengan dan salah laku membabitkan pemimpin politik pemerintah, sebagaimana didedahkan dalam dokumen kerajaan yang membabitkan wang negara dalam jumlah besar sehingga isu ini didedahkan media.

Menurutnya, jika tiada pihak berani mendedahkannya, hanya kerana takutkan OSA, maka berbilion wang rakyat dan negara diseleweng sesuka hati tanpa diketahui sesiapapun.

"Sebab itu Pas mendesak kerajaan tidak menjadikan OSA sebagai perisai untuk melindungi pemimpin politik untuk melakukan penyelewengan sesuka hati," katanya kepada Sinar Harian.

Beliau berkata demikian pada sidang media selepas Jamuan Rumah Terbuka Pas, di Pejabat Badan Perhubungan Pas Negeri Pahang, di sini semalam.

Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak sebelum ini mengarahkan polis menyiasat sebuah laman web yang menyiarkan dokumen didakwa Kertas Kabinet mengenai isu PKFZ.

Beliau dilaporkan berkata, jika benar dokumen yang disiarkan itu Kertas Kabinet, mereka yang terlibat boleh dikenakan tindakan di bawah OSA.

Sementara itu Ketua Polis Negara, Tan Sri Musa Hassan pula berkata, polis akan memanggil beberapa individu termasuk tokoh tertentu bagi membantu siasatan kes pendedahan Kertas Kabinet itu dalam Internet.

Baru-baru ini, sebuah laman blog mencetuskan kontroversi apabila mendedahkan satu Kertas Kabinet yang 'diklasifikasi' mengenai skandal PKFZ.

Blog itu memuatkan dokumen 18 muka surat dengan rujukan KK/BPKA/D5(Y)/540/1/1 sebagai Memorandum Daripada Menteri Kewangan berhubung PKFZ bertarikh 22 Jun 2007 dan menggunakan nama penulis Raja Petra Kamarudin.

Yusof berkata, Najib perlu memperlihatkan sikap yang jelas terhadap penyelewengan yang telah berlaku dalam PKFZ.

Beliau berkata, projek PKFZ mencetuskan kontroversi apabila timbul isu kos pembangunan melambung daripada RM2.5 bilion kepada RM4.6 bilion.


Era Najib Altantuya : PAS Yakin Tawan Bagan Pinang

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 09:40 PM PDT

Pas tetap berkeyakinan gelombang kemenangan parti itu bersama rakan pakatan lain akan terus 'melekat' di Bagan Pinang pada pilihan raya kecil Dewan Undangan Negeri (DUN) itu, bulan depan.

Naib Yang Dipertua Pas Kuala Nerus, Dr Alias Razak berkata, melihat kepada situasi dan keadaan politik masa kini, tidak mustahil kemenangan tujuh kali pakatan pembangkang akan meningkat kepada lapan berbalas kosong, di sana.

Menurutnya, UMNO dan Barisan Nasional (BN) sekarang memang ditolak rakyat.

"Selepas sekian lama memerintah, saya tidak menolak kemungkinan parti itu akan menerima nasib sama seperti parti LDP di Jepun.

"Selain penolakan rakyat, masalah calon juga penting kerana sehingga sekarang pemimpin BN masih bertelingkah individu mana layak menjadi calon dan ia boleh beri kesan negatif kepada jentera parti," katanya.

Menurutnya, BN sudah lebih 50 tahun mentadbir negara ini dan berpegang kepada kata-kata bahawa setiap perkara itu mempunyai jangka hayat atau tempoh masanya, begitu juga dengan BN apabila tiba masanya mereka akan jatuh.


Era Najib Altantuya : Mahkamah Tolak Rayuan SPRM Untuk Tangguhkan Inkues

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 09:26 PM PDT

Mahkamah Rayuan hari ini mengarahkan inkues kematian Teoh Beng Hock diteruskan seperti dijadualkan dengan memanggil saksi lain memberi keterangan.

Panel tiga hakim diketuai Hakim Datuk Low Hop Bing memutuskan permohonan Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM) untuk menangguhkan inkues itu akan didengar bersama dengan kes rayuan.

Dua lagi hakim yang mendengar kes itu ialah Datuk KN Segara dan Datuk Ramly Ali.

Pada 10 September lalu, Mahkamah Tinggi Petaling Jaya menolak permohonan SPRM untuk menyemak keputusan koroner inkues kematian Teoh berhubung kebenaran memanggil saksi, T Sivanesan bagi mendedahkan dakwaan penderaan pegawai suruhanjaya itu.

Sivanesan pada 9 September lalu mendakwa beliau pernah didera oleh pegawai SPRM semasa disoal siasat.

Mahkamah juga menolak permohonan peguam SPRM yang ingin mendapatkan perintah menangguhkan inkues sementara menunggu rayuan terhadap semakan itu di Mahkamah Rayuan. -BH


From The Blogging World In The Borneo Post

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 08:03 PM PDT

Raymond Tang of The Borneo post gave me a tinkle last week, informing me about the daily going to use my post on Hwai Ang Methodist Church in its weekly "From The Blogging World".

It came out this morning (Sept. 28), a nice little column taking its readers nearer to the blogsphere.

Praise Lord that more people now get to read about the great fund-raising sales of the church.


Era Najib Altantuya : UMNO Pun Sokong Hassan Ali

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 07:47 PM PDT

Sambil memperoleh mandat daripada Badan Perhubungan Negeri petang semalam, Pesuruhjaya PAS Datuk Dr. Hasan Mohamed Ali menegaskan, kritikannya terhadap tatacara Jawatankuasa Pilihan Khas Mengenai Keupayaan, Kebertanggungjawaban dan Ketelusan DUN Selangor (Selcat) adalah satu tindakan wajar.

"Adakah salah bagi seorang Exco untuk mencadangkan kepada Selcat agar mempertingkatkan kecekapan, keberkesanan imejnya dan penerimaan oleh publik," kata beliau selepas mempengerusikan mesyuarat khas Badan Perhubungan PAS Selangor di sini.

Ia merupakan pertemuan kedua dalam tempoh 24 oleh pemimpin PAS negeri Selangor. Ia diadakan sehari sebelum Menteri Besar, Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim mempengerusikan mesyuarat khas tiga penjuru.

Mesyuarat tiga penjuru itu akan berlangsung di sini malam ini.

Hasan berkata, Badan Perhubungan PAS negeri telah meluluskan enam resolusi termasuk yang berkaitan dengan kritikan terhadap cara beliau mempertikaikan tatacara Selcat dua minggu lalu.

Resolusi pertama diluluskan untuk memperakui dan menyokong beliau sebagai Pesuruhjaya PAS negeri dan Exco Kerajaan Negeri.

"Kedudukan sebagai Pesurujhaya negeri dibuat oleh Presiden parti manakala jawatan Exco dilantik oleh Menteri Besar," kata beliau sambil menambah, tiada pihak yang harus mempersoalkan kedua-dua jawatan itu.

Kata Hasan, PAS Selangor juga menerima cadangan beliau untuk memperbaiki prosedur-prosedur Selcat.

PAS Selangor juga bersetuju bahawa jika Selcat menerima pandangan Hasan, ia boleh berfungsi dengan lebih baik.

Hasan berkata, PAS Selangor akan meminta kerajaan negeri agar mengkaji jentera operasi Selcat untuk menerima penghormatan di kalangan rakyat.

Katanya, PAS negeri juga meluluskan resolusi bahawa ia akan tetap kekal bersama Pakatan Rakyat Selangor.

"Kami tidak akan meninggalkan Pakatan," katanya.

Satu lagi resolusi yang diluluskan berkaitan dengan saraan hubungan baik antara kerajaan negeri dan kakitangan awam.

"Hubungan antara kerajaan negeri dan pegawai-pegawainya mestilah harmoni sepanjang masa bagi menjamin kelancaran jentera kerajaan negeri," katanya.

Ulasan GB

Jika Dr Hassan Ali bertanya, "Adakah salah bagi seorang Exco untuk mencadangkan kepada Selcat agar mempertingkatkan kecekapan, keberkesanan imejnya dan penerimaan oleh publik" maka kita ingin bertanya,

"Adakah salah orang lain menegur seorang exco yang mengkritik secara terbuka untuk mengaibkan kerajaan negeri dan Pakatan Rakyat. Mengapa tidak boleh mengkritik mengikut saluran?"

Dr. Hassan boleh mendapat sokongan PAS Selangor, tetapi belum tentu disokong oleh semua pengundi-pengundi Gombak Setia.

Yang nyata, pendirian PAS Selangor itu sokongan yang membawa rebah, apatah lagi, UMNO BN juga kini gembira dengan kritikan Hassan Ali itu.

TETAPI UMNO hanya sokong Dr. Hassan bila ia mengkritik PR, tak da sorang pun ahli UMNO nak undi Hassn Ali di Gombak Setia. Mereka tetap undi calon UMNO jugak.

So, gigitlah jari sendiri nanti.





No comments: