Friday, October 9, 2009

Petaling Jaya's First Dog Forum on Sunday - The Star

Petaling Jaya's First Dog Forum on Sunday - The Star


Petaling Jaya's First Dog Forum on Sunday - The Star

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 09:51 AM PDT


Friday October 9, 2009
PJ's first dog forum on Sunday
By FAZLEENA AZIZ

THE Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) will be having its first ever forum on dogs this Sunday in conjunction with World Animal Day.

It will take place at the Petaling Jaya Community Library in PJ Old Town.

World Animal Day is celebrated on Oct 4 each year. It started in Florence, Italy, in 1931 at a convention of ecologists.

The forum is aimed at tackling dog-related issues in the community.

The four speakers at the forum are Dr Chandra Muzaffar, SPCA Selangor chairman Christine Chin, Department of Veterinary Services veterinary officer Dr Thiba Rajoo and Petpositive assistant secretary Shenaaz Khan.

The speakers will touch on various issues such as religion, assisted animal therapy and caring for canines.

According to MBPJ councillor Anthony Thanasayan, letters have been sent to residents from both sides of the divide — the dog lovers and those who always complain about dogs — to attend the forum.

He said the forum would be a great platform for people to share and tackle dog-related issues in the state.

"This will be the first time, we are bringing both groups together to see how we can improve the current situation.

"Suggestions and relevant points will be noted and discussed.

"We also want to educate the people because some people have many dogs but are not aware of how to take care of them.

"During the forum, MBPJ will show an exclusive video on how they catch dogs," he said.

Thanasayan said MBPJ was the only council that had a K9 Advisory Committee that met once a month.

He added that representatives from all the other councils in Selangor would also be attending the forum.

The forum will be launched by state local government, studies and research committee chairman Ronnie Liu.

The people are encouraged to come and join the forum.

PET+BLOGSPOT is the official online blog of the Malaysian Animal-Assisted Therapy for the Disabled and Elderly Association (Petpositive).

Our blog which was first established in October 2007 currently has more than 30,000 hits. Kindly take note that views expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of Petpositive.

You may also visit our Webpage by browsing: www.petpositive.com.my


Indulge in the Uniquely Singapore experience

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 09:40 AM PDT

banner-uniquelysingapore2

Singapore, Oh Singapore! The last time I was in Singapore was last year's Summer. It was a school holiday and I went to visit my brother in his University. Most part of the previous trip was to see how's he was doing in the university and a little little bit of shopping. I didn't really go around a lot and missed the Orchard Rd trip.

To be honest, I kinda miss Singapore right now. I've been there for like 4-5 times but there's still places that I haven't visit yet.

uniqlo ion orchard singapore by Pat Law.

photo by Pat Law.

First thing first is to shopping. A lot of people told me that we can actually shop in Malaysia and need not to go Singapore but I don't think so.

MUJI AW '09 FASHION SHOW by ,deer summer.

photo by,deer summer

Can you find Muji in Malaysia? Can you find Uniqlo in Malaysia? Sorry, you can't and there's even no news or rumors that they will be opening one soon in here. The nearest place for me to visit the store and shop is Singapore! My one reason for me to visit to Singapore.

ION Orchard #2 by chooyutshing.

ION Orchard #3 by chooyutshing.

photo by chooyutshing

Are you thinking of something like Roppongi Hill, Tokyo when you see the above photos? No, it's not somewhere in Japan, it's in Singapore. I am still on my shopping reason for going to Singapore. ION @ Orchard is another place that I want to go and take a look. Heard that the architecture of the building is very cool and stylish with lots and lots of brands in it. I was in Orchard Rd two years ago, looking at a piece of construction yard, and now it's done, looking so high tech. Sweetness!

Another thing is that I am not wanting to go to ION only, I want to go to all the shopping malls in Orchard Rd and shop, shop, shop. I love happenings places like this!

Singapore Flyer

Dad drove us to Singapore last time. We passed by the tall Singapore Flyer on the highway but didn't get a chance to get on one of the bus-size capsule. If this time got a chance, I must go inside, take a look. Although it will get boring after a few turn, but you can proudly tell people about your experience after it and I heard that when you are on the top, you can actually see part of Johor and part of Indonesia. Wonder is it true or not?

Merlion & the Esplanade hdr by sofvan.

photo by sofvan

Do you believe that I have not been to the Merlion statue before? True, for so (not s0) many times I went to Singapore, I didn't get a chance to go near to the Merlion. It's everywhere you see in television, brochure, newpaper, tourism magazine, when it's Singapore, it's the Merlion, but yet, I am not there yet. So, for my next trip, it's part of it already. Shopping is one part, visiting to places is another part.

Musical Fountain by askii2.

photo by askii2

They say, TV say, people say the musical fountain thing at Sentosa is cool, I didn't see it before but I would like to see it too.

100_8452 copy

Clarke Quay is beautiful right?

Singapore Clarke Quay Bungee machine by noelmdm.

photo by noelmdm

But on the other side, there's something dangerous, sexy and fun, and it's the G-Max Reverse Bungee. Who say Singapore don't have something exciting? I kinda like extreme stuff like this but I do already feeling scared a little bit when I imagine myself playing this kind of ride. Really, must try one day and scream! One cool thing is that this attraction opens till midnight.

singapore hindu temple by justin feigelman.

Penang has Little India, Singapore has Little India too, I would like go there to take a look and see what's the difference between these two Little India, perhaps eat some curry meal there too! =)

Chinatown Singapore by Ronald HN Tan.

photo by ronald-tan

Food is another thing. I missed the street food at Chinatown. I wonder why their street food and do so well and so clean at there but not here. My teacher introduced me to try the XO Mee at Chinatown, no idea where exactly the XO Mee is at yet but I will go to look it out.

Laksa by geneeoh.

photo by geneeoh

Katong Laksa is another food that I have not eat a long time already. You cannot compare Penang Laksa with Singapore's Katong Laksa, both are different food with different taste, it's just the same name, Laksa.

Chicken Rice by ░▒▓ ĎМĶ_äгt²ºº9® ▓▒░.

photo by ░▒▓ ĎМĶ_äгt²ºº9® ▓▒░

Penang has got good Hainan's Chicken Rice. But frankly speaking, Singapore still has the best chicken rice, undeniable truth.

There's like so many more places I want to go in Singapore, guess like I'm gonna do it randomly and the above are just part of my favourites and want-to. There's still I-don't-know-yet for me to explore.

Singapore, I am coming! But I don't know when. Hehe. By the way, you can check out Visitsingapore.com.

Indulge in the Uniquely Singapore experience


Era Najib Altantuya : Selepas Bagan Pinang, Seputeh Menunggu

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 09:38 AM PDT

Menteri Besar Kedah, Datuk Seri Azizan Razak yakin selepas pilihan raya kecil Bagan Pinang, pilihan raya kecil akan diadakan di Kedah pula iaitu di Kota Seputeh.

"Insya Allah, selepas Bagan Pinang kita akan ke Kedah pula untuk pilihan raya kecil di sana," kata Azizan ketika berucap di Taman Sri Rusa, dekat sini.

Azizan memberikan ceramah bagi membantu calon PAS yang mewakili Pakatan Rakyat di Bagan Pinang, Zulkefly Mohamad bin Omar.

Menurut Azizan, Speaker Dun Kedah telah menghantar surat kepada Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya (SPR) memaklumkan kekosongan kerusi Kota Seputeh berikutan kegagalan Adunnya menghadiri sidang Dun sebanyak dua kali berturut-turut.

"Kita telah melantik tujuh peguam untuk mengkaji balik keputusan SPR yang memohon permohonan Speaker kita," kata Azizan.

Beliau yakin, kes ini berpihak kepadanya berdasarkan undang-undang yang ada di negeri Kedah.

"Ada pemimpin Umno kata kita membazirkan duit...Saya kata, saya rela bazirkan duit untuk adakan pilihan raya semula dari terus membayar gaji Adun yang pemalas...nak datang sidang Dun pun malas," katanya disambut sorakan orang ramai.

Azizan berkata, tugas pemimpin dan penyokong PAS adalah untuk berusaha memenangkan calon Pakatan dalam mana-mana pilihan raya pun.

Azizan memberikan ceramah di sebuah Pasti dalam peti undi Si Rusa yang dibantu oleh PAS Kedah dan PAS Johor. Turut mendengar ucapan beliau adalah para petugas PAS Kedah dan Johor yang datang ke Bagan Pinang untuk memastikan calon PAS menang.

Selain Azizan, para petugas PAS dari seluruh negara juga turut turun ke pilihan raya kecil ini. Jumlah mereka bertambah selepas kejadian Rabu lepas apabila petugas PAS diganggu dan diserang oleh petugas Umno.

Antara mereka adalah seorang aktivis Unit Amal PAS dari Gua Musang, Kelantan.

Husin bin Hassan sudah berumur 59 tahun namun beliau adalah seorang aktivis Unit Amal yang penuh semangat. Beliau bersama rakannya dari Kampung Jeram Tekoh, Gua Musang, Raja Mahasan bin Raja Sulaiman, ditugaskan mengawal Markas Besar PAS di Batu Tiga, Port Dickson.

"Sebelum Bagan Pinang, saya dah bertugas di Kuala Terengganu, Bukit Gantang dan juga Permatang Pasir baru-baru ini," kata Husin penuh semangat walaupun sudah lanjut usia.

Ekoran kejadian Rabu lalu, para petugas PAS memenuhi Bagan Pinang. Mereka datang bukan untuk bergaduh tetapi bagi memastikan pilihan raya ini berjalan penuh tertib.

"Saya akan memastikan peraturan diikutlah," kata Husin ketika ditanya apa yang beliau akan buat jika ada mana-mana pihak cuba membuat kacau di situ.


Nizar Bantu Kempen Bagan Pinang Tarik Pengundi Bukan Melayu

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 09:40 AM PDT

PAS dan Pakatan Rakyat memanafaat sepenuhnya populariti anggota Parlimen Bukit Gantang, Datuk Seri Mohamad Nizar Jamaludin dalam pilihan raya kecil Bagan Pinang ini khasnya di kalangan penduduk Cina dan India.

Nizar telah diseret kemana-mana untuk bertemu dengan masyarakat Cina dan India di sini. Beliau telah menggunakan sepenuhnya kebolehannya untuk berkomunikasi dengan mereka melalui istilah-istilah Mandarin dan Tamil yang beliau tahu. Namun isunya tetap sama, kelayakan calon Umno, Tan Sri Mohd Isa Samad untuk menjadi pemimpin.

Empat isu (mungkin senjata ampuh pakatan) berkaitan dengan Isa akan dibongkar beliau menjelang pilihan raya kecil (PRK) DUN Bagan Pinang.

Perkara itu diberitahu Nizar yang juga AJK PAS Pusat itu dalam ceramahnya. Nizar menyifatkan Isa bukan dari personaliti yang layak untuk dipilih sebagai calon, apatah lagi kalau untuk diamanahkan menjadi pemimpin rakyat.

Tegasnya, Umno bukan tidak menyedari realiti, walaupun menang, namun kredibiliti Isa selama-lamanya akan terus dipertikaikan umum. Tetapi oleh kerana terdesak lantaran bertubi-tubi diugut, ditekan, membuatkan Umno seperti kehilangan punca, buntu dalam membuat keputusan maka dilema itu menterpaksakan mereka memilih Isa.

"Sebab, sudah terang lagi bersuluh beliau tidak tergolong dari orang-orang yang beramanah. Kalau betul-betul jujur dia (Isa) tidak lakukan amalan rasuah semata-mata untuk mendapatkan tempat teratas dalam pemilihan Umno dulu," jelasnya dalam sesi kempen menjelang PRK DUN tersebut dekat sini.

Pada Jun 2005 Isa digantung keahliannya di dalam Umno selama tiga tahun oleh Lembaga Disiplin Umno setelah mengesahkannya terlibat dengan amalan rasuah (politik wang) dalam Pemilihan Agung Umno 2004.

Beliau bersalah terhadap lima daripada sembilan pertuduhan politik wang, antaranya membabitkan penganjuran pertemuan mengadakan majlis makan dan memberi wang untuk membeli undi.

Penggantungan itu sekaligus mendesak Isa melepaskan jawatan sebagai Menteri Besar Wilayah Persekutuan yang dipegangnya dalam masa singkat.

Menjurus kepada perkembangan yang sama, para pemerhati politik menilai pencalonan Isa ibarat "dicalon mati mak, tidak dicalon mati ayah". Dalam keserbasalahan itu Umno sebenarnya terumbang ambing di medan perjudian yang amat getir hanya menunggu lihat jika untung sabut timbul, untung batu tenggelam.

Sementara itu Nizar, ketika ditanya mengenai empat perkara tersebut meminta semua bersabar kerana ia akan didedahkan bila tiba masanya nanti (dalam masa terdekat ini).

Sehubungan itu, sementara menunggu waktunya, orang ramai terus diselubungi persoalan, apakah ini satu realiti atau gimik politik sebagai strategi pejuang pakatan? Sebab tempoh berkempen menjelang hari pengundian cuma tinggal dua hari saja lagi.

Apa pun, perlu difahami bahawa seorang pahlawan tidak akan menggunakan senjata keramatnya sebelum tiba di puncak sewajarnya. Dan Nizar pun (dengan kebijaksanaannya) barangkali sedang menunggu puncak sewajarnya itu. -MI


i didn’t go because i had school

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 07:09 AM PDT


same rule applies. please read at your own discretion.

I was supposed to pick up the ashes on Monday late morning together with the rest. I thought I could go and then go for my Econs class at 12pm. But daddy insist that I should go to school.

I asked him, what if she (Ling) didn't go, then there wouldn't any grandchildren to pick up the ashes, it wouldn't be nice. He told me, it's okay. You have "sent" grandma back home and you saw her the last time. That's enough. Leave the rest to us.

I asked mummy if Ling went, she said she did and she wore spectacles this time. Because we saw Ling without specs during the 4 days.

On the 7th day, wednesday morning, we need to go back 光明山 to 拜拜. We have to do it once every 7 days for 49 days. This time mummy said, tomorrow you morning class right. I said ya, 8.30am. why, you going 拜拜 is it? She replied, yes, you go school okay? don't worry about us.

What daddy said to me is so true. Do what you can when they are alive. Don't wait until when they die they you regret and start doing all kind of rituals and stuffs. By then it's too late to repent. No point spending so much time, effort and money to have a grand funeral.

死了才来拜,未免太迟了。

Daddy and mummy didn't cry during the funeral. Mummy asked Daddy, why? We cried when we were mourning for ahgong and waipo but this time minimum or no tears at all. Daddy replied, why cry? We don't owe her anything. We did everything we can to help her. We were with her till her last breath. You did what she told you to prepare on her deathbed. That's enough.

Perhaps, we knew it was just a matter of time. We were all mentally prepared, that's why.

Good bye grandma. If I happen to cry again it is only because I think of you. Don't worry. =)


My First Time ...

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 06:40 AM PDT


You see those tickets up there? I got them for free :D And it's all thanks to Daniel also known as Gallivanter. Dan has some ticket for the Da Vinci, the Genius exhibition that's going on right now and all I had to do to get the tickets was go down on my knees and beg him for it ... hahaha ... ok, ok, I lied, all I had to do was blog about the exhibition and he so kindly gave me two free tickets for it :D Since anything free attracts me like a moth to flame, I decided to grab those tickets by writing a post about it.

Getting those tickets also marks the first time I ever met a blogger in person. I met Dan and his wife to be Emelda this afternoon to collect my tickets and I must say that they're a really nice and extremely friendly couple :D And I'm glad that I actually had my acne treatment done a day earlier, you can't expect me to meet people with acne on my face now can you? LOL!

It was great to actually see the face, not that I haven't seen your pictures before ... hehehe ... and to actually talk in person instead of just leaving words in the comment box. And Dan, thanks so much for the tickets. You can be rest assured I'll be going for the exhibition soon and dragging my wife along for it whether she likes it or not ... LOL!

To be honest, I never really thought I'd ever meet a blogger in person cos I'm pretty comfortable with my anonymity. It has nothing to do with being stuck up or anything, I'm just shy (hahaha) and the fact that I bitch about anything and everything and I don't want some disgruntled person hiring some hit-man to take me out or something. So being anonymous is the safer option for me. And the fact that Dan promised not to bring a camera helped quite a bit ... LOL!

All in all, I must say that it was an enjoyable meeting and it was really good to finally meet up with you and Emelda in person :D If I'm ever in the Eastin area maybe I'll give you a call and we can probably meet up for a cup of teh tarik or something. Thanks for the tickets :D

Before I sign off, I just couldn't help posting a picture of Pebbles getting into the Christmas spirit, not by choice anyway ... hahaha! And I also found out from Emelda today that Dan has already been in the Christmas spirit for quite a while now ... LOL!

.


Bendera Biru, Bendera Hijau dan Bendera MERAH!

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 08:29 AM PDT

Kita orang pompuan memang setiap bulan sahlah meletup macam gunung berapi! Fenomena ini akan menjadi lebih mengganas bila kita masuk ke 'padang pasir' kewanitaan.

Jangan tanya kenapa. Memang ada nak kena karang!

Siang tadi Banun dah kena 'sembur'! Yeah..dia bukan tahu mama dia tengah 'inflammable'!

Biasalah..dia kadang2 bercakap dengan abangnya dengan nada suara yang tak sesuai. Suruh Harris tutup tingkap tepi TV sebab takut Momo lompat keluar.
Momo memang tengah cari 'boyfriend'! Semalam hujan2 dia kat luar..mujurlah 'boyfriend' takde payung nak datang jumpa dia. Mulalah..buat muka sedih macam kena abandoned!

"I takpun!" Kata Banun.
"Yea..I dengar suara you garang! You cakap elok2 dengan your brother!"

And so, berlakulah leteran yang berela2 dengan jawapan membela diri yang penuh dengan emosi.

Apalagi..Mama nya mulalah merintih dan mengeluh tentang segala pengorbanannya hampir 30 tahun.
Jadi kuli lah, tukang masak, drebar etc etc..

Sampai tahap..." My greatest mistake in life is to love you all and Baba so much sampai I lupa about myself! "
Punyalah berdesing telinga Banun, Harris and Hannan.
Baba dia mujurlah kat Bagan Pinang. Kalau tak kena tempias lava meletup!

Connie my aerobics pal baru cerita semalam..
" I know I shouldn't get angry haa but my menopause thing is controlling my mind..I cannot do anything! Habis semua I marah!! Hahaha..tu dah masuk alam pokok korma! Takboleh silap sikit!
Alamat mengamuk gila dia!

I think we ladies should be sent to a 'happy camp' during this volcanic period. Government should give us all fulltime housewives some kind of subsidy to go for facials or whatever..something that can reduce these volatile temper that erupts and shakes the household every month. Strangely these 'tremors' only occurs on the day the red flag is hoisted!

Yeah..lets have a persidangan and discuss about this matter. And please do not suggest any medication!
That cannot be tabled on our agenda!

Teruk jugak aku. Nak menyampaikan seribu pembaca kena buat 3-4 entry! Dato' boleh menangkap beribu pembaca per day!
Dahlah tu..kena bincang segala macam topik merapu. Yang bawah kain pun kena diskusi jugak! Alahai... mungkin kena tulis pasal politik kot?? Hmmm..


Anwar: Probe me, Khairy and Abdullah - nizar nizar nizar nizar najib altantuya

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 09:19 AM PDT

UPDATED 11.24PM The PKR leader said he was not worried about being investigated over billions in his accounts but wanted Umno leaders to be investigated as...

PKR leader Anwar Ibrahim today not only challenged the authorities to reopen their investigations on him over allegations that he had RM3 billion in several master accounts but they should also set-up an independent commission to find out the truth of the old allegation.

Anwar added, similar investigations must be started against several Umno leaders, including Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin and former Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

Ahh yes...even good old Dr M in his blog post 'Kegagalan Barisan Nasional' said:
15. Perkara pertama yang dilakukan selepas menjadi Perdana Menteri ialah untuk membawa masuk ahli keluarganya secara tidak rasmi ke dalam pentadbiran Kerajaan. Beliau boleh menafikannya tetapi orang ramai tahu akan kegiatan Khairy Jamaluddin dan Kamaluddin Abdullah serta konco-konconya termasuk budak-budak Tingkat Empat. Mereka sering turut serta dalam mesyuarat rasmi Kerajaan dan apabila Perdana Menteri mengadakan perjumpaan.

16. Kemenangan Khairy Jamaluddin sebagai Naib Ketua Pemuda UMNO menaikkan kebencian ramai. Jika veteran parti dengan rekod perkhidmatan yang lama yang menang tanpa bertanding tidak ada sesiapa yang akan membantah. Tetapi Khairy berada dalam UMNO kurang dari lima tahun dan tidak pun mempunyai rekod perkhidmatan cemerlang di dalam UMNO. Bagaimana dia boleh menang tanpa bertanding?


goodbye grandma… something real personal…

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 05:00 AM PDT


This post is a heartfelt journal entry the author wrote with regards to her late paternal grandmother. Please read at your own discretion.

I lost my paternal grandmother on Children's Day. It was colorectal cancer. By the time it was detected, it was already at the end of Stage 3, close to Stage 4. She was 79. It was Thursday afternoon.

She had the tumour removed from her colon a few years back. She didn't go back for follow-ups nor chemotherapy. Now, the tumour is back, at the exact same place it was removed. Another 2 at her stomach and at her rectum. It was impossible to remove all, and it was too risky, considering her age. A month back, she just went for another operation to have an opening in front, at the side of the stomach to allow waste to be excreted into a transparent bag (outside the body) which was to change regularly.

Right before all this happened, I had planned to head down to Compasspoint after my Stats class to collect my new contact lenses. The degrees of both eyes dropped a little, so are the astigmatism for both eyes. Which explains why I can't really differentiate '8′, '3′, '6′ and '9′. During the test the 'F' looks like 'P' to me.

Also, mummy has asked me to drop by CyberActive to enquire about this CashCard device which enables you to view transactions at the comfort of your own home, without having to go to the ATM. I was enquiring halfway, I decided to call my mum to clarify certain things.

I decided to buy lunch before I head home. That's was when the call came.

妈:你在哪里?
我:在楼下买午餐。
妈:ok. 买了就回家等。医院这边, 你知道啦哦?
我:什么?阿ma走了是吗?
妈:呃。 在家等我的电话。有东西要你做。

Mum called to prepare and pack grandma clothes – to cut all pockets of the clothes. It was to let her go as it is – empty handed, not carrying anything from the living to the nether world. I couldn't find mummy's big scissors, and so I had to make do with my primary school – mini cut-paper-kind of scissors to cut her pockets. Her clothes are really A LOT. I cut until I was drenched. Mummy called again to rush me, saying 大伯 (Dua Pek, literally means Big Uncle – Daddy's eldest brother) will be reaching soon to fetch us.

Even when I reached 二伯 house at Hougang. It hasn't hit me that grandma has already left us. I went up his house to continue packing her clothes with 姑姑 ( daddy's god sister) 老姨 (grandma's younger sister). Grandma indeed has TONS OF CLOTHES can? sighs. And because she is senile (dementia), she has this problem of blaming others stealing her things when she simply forgot where she puts it. She practically locks up ALL her belongings and there's BUNCHES and BUNCHES of keys in her bag! I wonder how she figure out which key is for which cupboard! She locks everything in her room at my house, at 二伯 house and at 大伯 house!

Anyway till this moment, reality has not hit me, till THAT LORRY arrived. The guy in-charge told us to bow and not look up when they unload the body off the lorry. When it was done, the body (grandma) wrapped in white plastic, placed onto the board. They cordoned off the area, while they helped grandma get changed into 寿衣. It was then I saw grandma. It then hit me hard, that she has left us. Her eyes was not quite fully closed. I could see her hand turning blue. I finally cried because I missed her and I didn't touch/feel her hand before she left.

Uncles, aunties with daddy and mummy was performing rites while I as the granddaughter stood aside to watch. Grandma had another granddaughter, adopted from China, whom I shall call Ling. I was told, she was in school and is unable to come because she had school. (It was till much later, I was told she was working. She didn't appear until 2nd day morning for a short while before heading off to work again. Which means she didn't get to see grandma for the last time at all, because grandma has already been laid to rest in the coffin and sealed.)

Ling appeared on Saturday because we will be performing the last rites for grandma in the late afternoon till night. It was going to be a busy day. I cried another time while they were reciting the chants. I was thinking about the past, how she gave me angbao during CNY, bought me sweets since I was a kid till now when I'm already all grown up. Ling was also around on Sunday, the last day to send her off to 光明山 to cremate. I cried again for the third time when the coffin was pushed into the incinerator. That was the hardest point of time, I really missed her damn badly.

Daddy said funeral was to be done in either 1, 3 or 5 days; always in odd numbers never even. But grandma's funeral was 4 days. Because she passed away in the afternoon, and it would be too rush. And if we had it 5 days, it will mean eating into weekdays and affect everyone's schedule, especially the adults who need to work and take off. And so, we had arranged people to shift the coffin a little, and that would have counted as one day. And so I know now.

A lot of things had happened in recent months. Grandma was in and out of TTSH a lot of times.  There was blood clot, blockage of colon etc. Daddy and mummy rushed to hospital in the middle of the night and only to come back during wee hours. Because we are all working and studying, we had decided to put her at an old folks home, at least there's someone who can tend to her while we are all working. We didn't want a maid because of the language barrier, no maid (on short notice) would want to clean her every few hours when she excretes,  and grandma might scold her every now then then if grandma cannot find her things.

Every time we visit her, I would hold her hand, grasped it tight, called Ah Ma and removed my mask to show her my face to remind her each time. She will then acknowledge with "orh, guai." It was also very heart breaking to know that she no longer recognise us on my last few visits, be it in the hospital or the old folks' home. Because Daddy was with her most of the time, she only recognise him and listens to him only.

Daddy has not been sleeping very well recently because of grandma. Nothing seems to be going smoothly at work for him either. Now that grandma has left us, all the necessary things and accounts has been settled. I see that Daddy is much more relaxed and beginning to be like his usual self – joking and laughing, not forgetting to watch his shows that he had torrent-ed. Mummy can also lie low and prepare for her upcoming accounts exams in Nov.

On a VERY VERY personal note, I wonder if grandma has me as the only grandchild or she had two. Ling seems to be of no-emotion throughout the 4 days. I didn't see her shed a single tear. Maybe she cried in her heart, I don't know. But I saw her closing her eyes with her head resting on her fist supported on her knee, head kept knocking over. Probably dozing off while we were all red-eyed waiting/kneeling at the coffin area waiting for the rites to be completed, I am not too sure.

I was there with mummy, daddy and 二伯 to guard the coffin for 3 consecutive nights and we only had approx 9am to 1pm to head home, eat and rest before heading back to the funeral. While she and her parents only stayed from morning till 12am. We barely had enough sleep too. Mummy and I had took short power naps in between. But daddy DIDNT EVEN GET TO SLEEP! He kept vigil with 二伯 for 3 nights, to make sure cats don't get near the coffin, folded incense papers to burn to send grandma on her last journey and to make sure that the joss stick keep burning.

sighs. It is saddening to know that it is only through occasion like this, you see the true colours of your relatives. It is only then you will know who really help you in times of need.

真是感触多多,心知就足够了。


Era Najib Altantuya : Masa Untuk Tolak Politik UMNO Yang Kotor

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 05:15 AM PDT

Masa untuk rakyat menolak politik Umno yang kotor

Oleh HASHIM ABDULLAH

Ramai yang mula menganggap PRK Bagan Pinang adalah pilihanraya yang terkotor dalam sejarah walau pun tempoh berkempennya belum tamat. Berbagai insiden ganas yang dikatakan dilakukan pemuda Umno semalam termasuk insiden menetak dengan parang kepala pemuda PAS sesuka hati.

Peliknya kejadian samseng pemuda Umno itu, ia seolah-olah dirancang secara rap. Malahan ianya nampak halal kerana dibiarkan berlaku begiu rupa.

Mengapa polis tak mampu cegah keganasan?

Anehnya pada setiap PRK pihak keselamatan terutama polis berhimpun pada sekala yang besar. Ini tidak terkecuali di Bagan Pinang. Kebanjiran pihak keselamatan disetiap PRK selalu dibantah oleh pemimpin politik pembangkang dari Pakatan Rakyat atas alasan rakyat tidak selesa atas kehadiran begitu ramai Polis.

Namun, apa yang selalu di dengar, pihak polis memberi alasan bahawa kehadiran mereka yang ramai untuk menjaga keamanan dan keselamatan.

Tetapi dengan peristiwa pemuda Umno memarang pemuda PAS sesuka hati dan dikatakan berlaku tidak jauh dari balai polis di Bagan Pinang maka timbul pula persoalan adakah pihak polis telah menjaga keamanan dan keselamatan?. Ini yang peliknya.

PRK Bagan Pinang terkotor

Ya betul, PRK Bagan Pinang adalah yang terkotor, dikatakan juga sekotor calon perasuah kebanggaan Umno. Anehnya kekotoran dalam setiap PRK akan berlaku pada setiap kali kalau ianya melibatkan penyertaan Umno.

Kalau bukan Umno barangkali, hatta kalau dari parti kompenan BN lain pun mungkin lain sedikit, tidak sekotor dengan penglibatan Umno.

Di PRK Bagan Pinang ini ia melibatkan Umno. Maka mahu tidak mahu ia terpaksa jadi kotor. Penyerapan budaya Umno dalam pilihanraya seperti rasuah dan keganasan terpaksa diterima rakyat. Sebagaimana kotornya setiap kali berlaku pemilihan dalaman Umno maka PRK yang melibatkan Umno juga terpaksa turut kotor.

Bagan Pinang seperti Lubok Merbau?

Kalau dalam pemilihan Umno, pemimpin merasuah ahlinya maka dalam setiap pilihanraya rakyat pula dirasuah. Kalau dalam pemilihan Umno ada adegan baling kerusi maka dalam pilihanraya kecil rakyat pula ditetak. Demikianlah apabila ianya melibatkan Umno.

Ini bukan isu baru, ahli PAS dan rakyat keseluruhan masih ingat peristiwa Lubok Merbau dan banyak peristiwa lain.

Rakyat mampu bersihkan kekotoran Umno

Negara kita sedang menghadapi krisis kekotoran yang sukar untuk dibersihkan. Kekotoran kuasa, kekotoran minda yang akhirnya melahirkan kekotoran sikap pemimpin negara yang menyaluti pemimpin Umno yang berkuasa . Sukar untuk dibersihkan tetapi boleh dibersihkan jika rakyat bersatu hati mahu membersihkannya.

Kalau kita teliti dengan cermat kenyataan-kenyataan yang dikeluarkan pemimpin Umno mengenai calonnya yang rasuah, maka kita akan dapat simpulkan bagaimana mereka masih belum mampu keluar dari sikap yang pengotor itu. Rakyat sepatutanya bimbang dengan keadaan ini. Negara dalam bahaya jika dibiarkan pemimpin yang kotor dengan rasuah ini terus berkuasa.

Nasihat Mahathir tidak ada harga

Keadaan ini diakui sendiri olen Mantan Perdana Menteri yang juga Mantan Presiden Umno, Tun Mahathir Mohamad. Keengganan Umno untuk membersihkan tubuh mereka dari elemen rasuah menyebabkan Tun Mahathir terpaksa memulaukan kempennya untuk Umno di Bagan Pinang.

Mahathir cuba bersikap tegas dalam isu rasuah. Tetapi apa yang ada pada nasihat Mahathir lagi. Dia tidak punya kuasa apa-apa. Malahan tak ada siapa pun yang mahu percaya Umno mahu menerima nasihat Mahathir itu. Mahathir tidak akan mampu menghalang budaya kotor dalam Umno. Pencalonan Isa Samad itulah buktinya. Nasihat Mahathir tidak ada harga lagi.

Pemimpin Umno halalkan cara

Bagi menghalalkan cara, pemimpin Umno yang berkuasa mengeluarkan kenyataan yang mahu rakyat menerima sebagaimana yang diucapkan Timbalan Presiden Umno, Mahyiddin Yassin dalam kenyataannya selepas pengistiharan Isa Samat sebagai calon Umno, di Bagan Pinang..

Kata Mahyiddin, oleh kerana ini adalah pilihanraya kecil, apa yang penting ialah rakyat didahulukan, rakyat di Bagan Pinang mesti didahulukan, mana rakyat hendakkan, itu yang kita akan beri.

Kenyataan pemimpin Umno tidak berprinsip

Menyokong kenyataan Timbalan Presiden Umno itu ialah kenyataan Naib Presidennya Dato' Seri Hishammuddin Hussein yang turut mempunyai maksud yang sama. Kata Hishammuddin dalam memperkatakan pencalonan Isa Samad,

"Beliau adalah calon yang sangat tepat untuk BN. Ini adalah pilihan rakyat dan dan kita perlu menghormati kehendak rakyat. Rakyat didahulukan". Kenyataan kedua pemimpin Umno tertinggi ini disiarkan media secara terbuka dan telah dibaca secara meluas diseluruh Negara.

Dalam dunia yang serba moden dan pintar sekarang ini sukar untuk kita percaya kenyataan sebegini boleh keluar dari pemimpin tertinggi Umno. Tetapi itulah yang berlaku. Mereka mengeluarkan kenyataan yang sangat tidak berprinsip disaat rakyat dan negara sangat memerlukan kepimpinan yang berprinsip dan bertanggung jawab.

Isa Samad telah dihukum Umno kerana rasuah,.ini bererti Isa Samad memang pernah melakukan rasuah.Pencalonan beliau sudah tentu memberikan implikasi buruk keatas imej kepimpinan negara.

Sebab itu rakyat mestilah ada kebimbangan jika mereka memilih Isa Samad maka ini bererti mereka turut menyumbang kepada berlakunya kadar peningkatan indeks rasuah dalam negara.

Umno kelirukan Konsep Rakyat Didahulukan

Sedangkan diperingkat antarabangsa negara kita telah tercemar dengan teruk atas isu rasuah. Ini memalukan, Atas isu rasuah bagi Umno ianya seolah-olah tidak mengapa asalkan mereka boleh mengekalkan kuasa.

Kalau dilihat akan implikasi dari kenyataan pemimpin Umno itu ialah kalau rakyat hendakkan pemimpin rasuah mereka boleh berikan perasuah. Kalau rakyat hendakkan pemimpin mereka perompak Umno boleh berikan perompak, itulah yang difaham dari pemikiran mereka. Mereka guna alasan 'Rakyat Didahulukan'. Mereka mengelirukan rakyat atas konsep tersebut.

Inilah mentaliti pemimpin Umno, itulah budaya mereka. Sebab itu sukar bagi Negara membentuk budaya bersih, telus dan berintergriti sebagaimana dibimbangi Tun Mahathir.

Tidak ada pemimpin bersih dalam Umno

Untuk membentuk budaya bersih dalam pemerintahan maka pemimpinnya perlu lebih terdahulu bersih. Tetapi dalam Umno seolah-olah tidak ada yang bersih, itu masalahnya.

Sebab itu, Presiden Umno, Dato' Seri Najib Tun Razak apabila diasak mengenai ketidakpuasan hati rakyat terhadap pencalonan Isa Samad sebagai calon Umno di Bagan Pinang terpaksa melakukan pembelaan tidak waras.

Kata Najib, dari segi kesalahan, hukuman (yang dijalaninya) sudah berat, oleh itu Isa perlu diberi peluang. Dia tidak pernah menentang parti walaupun (ketika itu setelah diambil tindakan) tidak lagi berada dalam parti. Insya-Allah, Isa ada peluang yang baik (untuk menang).

Kenyataan Najib ini jauh terpesong dari ajaran Islam, malahan juga dari system pendidikan kovensional. Memanglah, manusia ini kecuali para Nabi tidak sunyi dari melakukan salah dan silap,.itu kita akui, kita memang bukan maksum kerana kita bukan nabi.

Walau bagaimana pun ada cara dan ada system yang diajar bagaimana untuk kita membetulkan salah dan silap yang telah kita lakukan untuk kembali menjadi manusia bersih. Ada cara membetulkan kesalahan dan kesilapan.

Isa Samad belum bertaubat?

Proses membetulkan kesalahan dan kesilapan samada yang kecil apa lagi yang besar macam kesalahan rasuah Isa Samad itu memerlukan dua proses penting iaitu taubat dan hukuman.

Mengikut cara Najib, Isa Samad telah melalui proses hukuman yang dilaksanakan Umno. Kena atau pun tak kena dengan undang-undang, itu lain kira bagi dia. Tetapi Umno dah kenakan hukuman. Cara itu hanya diterima oleh Umno. Kalau Isa nak bertanding dalam Umno mungkin ada lojiknya cara itu kerana itu budaya Umno.

Tetapi apabila bercakap dalam menentukan kepimnpinan negara maka cara hukuman Umno itu sangat tidak releven. Cara hukuman Umno keatas Isa itu tidak diterima rakyat secara keseluruhan, apa lagi kalau dihubungkaitkan dengan perundangan.

Untuk memilih pemimpin, Islam menuntut pemimpin yang ingin dipilih itu mestilah terdiri dari yang bersih. Oleh yang demikian itu Isa perlu membersihkan dirinya. Persoalannya adakah Isa sudah membersihkan dirinya?, apakah Isa sudah bertaubat?.

Taubat dalam Islam memerlukan Isa melakukan tiga perkara iaitu menghentikan amalan rasuah, menyesal kerana telah melakukan rasuah dan berikrar tidak akan melakukan rasuah. Apakah ini telah dilakukan Isa Samad?. Rakyat tidak mendengar pengakuannya.

Tidak mungkin Isa dan Umno boleh meningalkan rasuah jika mereka tidak berazam untuk meninggalkan rasuah. Rasuah sudah menjadi budaya mereka.Lihat saja cara mereka berkempen dalam menghadapi pilihanraya. Rasuah digunakan sebagai senjata Justeru bagaimana untuk kita percaya mereka boleh meninggalkan rasuah.

Sebab itu kalau negara ini mahu dibersihkan dari rasuah maka yang boleh membersihkan negara ini dari amalan rasuah bukan Umno atau Isa Samad, tetapi rakyat. Umno dan Isa tidak boleh kerana mereka telah berada dalam najis rasuah.

Kalau mahu melihat amalan rasuah itu kesalahan dan dosa maka yang melihat rasuah itu kesalahan dan dosa bukan Umno tetapi rakyat. Barangkali sebab itulah Mahathir desak rakyat tolak pemimpin Umno yang rasuah.

Rakyat Bagan Pinang mampu tolak calon rasuah

Tidak cukup dengan cara penolakan Mahathir rakyat di Bagan Pinang perlu bertindak lebih jauh dari itu.. Rakyat di Bagan Pinang mestilah tahu bukan hanya calon Umno yang rasuah yang mesti ditolak tetapi Umno itu sendiri sebagai parti rasuah.yang juga perlu ditolak.

Jika rakyat bersetuju amalan rasuah itu kesalahan dan dosa, maka rakyat jugalah yang perlu berani dan tegas menolak parti rasuah dan calonnya yang rasuah. Hanya itulah cara untuk menjaga kesejahteraan rakyat dan negara. -sidangonlinr


Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize, it ain't a joke

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 05:03 AM PDT

This whole prize will actually be seen as absurd by a lot of people — here and abroad. Even by people who would someday like Barack Obama to win it. It is just too obvious this is way too soon and way too precatory. It may even have the effect of diminishing the currency of the award.

I cannot say that I'm too worried about the Nobel prize committee's decision which is both a surprise and utterly unsurprising - but I do wonder if it's appropriate to announce it on the day that America is attacking the Moon. Source...

Um, Guys, Couldn't You Wait For a Bit? I'm all for Americans winning international prizes, and especially the Nobel Peace Prize. I was also quite confident that Obama would win one as president, but I certainly didn't think he would win one so soon, with what Bloomberg calls "no concrete achievement to his credit." Similarly, Reuters describes Obama as "a president less than nine months into his first term, who has yet to score a major foreign policy success," adding that the award "came as a big surprise . . . "

One of the good things about the Nobel, especially in science and literature, but also the Peace Prize, is that they are about achievement, not promise. Even when the awards have been extremely problematic — recall Yasser Arafat — the recipients have done something, for good or for ill. This is especially true for American presidents, as John Miller pointed out in a good post earlier. Handing Obama the prize this early strikes me as a cheapening of the award. If I were Obama, I'd want to win such a prize in my fourth year (or preferably in a second term), rather than in my first. Source...

The Company He Keeps

There are some worthy recipients — Lech Walesa, Shirin Ebadi, Mohammed Yunus. But most Nobel Peace Peace prizes go to conventional leftwing types popular with European elites — Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Mikhail Gorbachev. Before they break out the champagne at the White House, they may want to pause over the fact that Obama now shares this honor with Mohammed el-Baradei, Yasser Arafat, and flagrant liar Rigoberta Menchu Tum.Source...

Miracle Worker

The deadline for nominations for this year's Nobel Peace Prize was February 1. So that means that Obama's award was based on what he had accomplished through about the first ten days of his presidency. Source..

Prediction

Bibi Netanyahu will never be given a Nobel prize.Source....


Era Najib Altantuya : UMNO Yang Gagal, Bukan PAS

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 03:50 AM PDT

Jika ingin melihat contoh parti yang gagal melaksanakan tanggungjawab pada rakyat serta bercelaru di Negara ini, ianya adalah parti Umno dan rakan rakan dalam Barisan Nasional (BN)".

Itu antara reaksi Menteri Besar Kelantan, Tuan Guru Dato' Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat, membalas kenyataan Timbalan Perdana Menteri, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, yang mendakwa Kelantan sebagai contoh kegagalan PAS.

"Jika dia (Muhyiddin) kata rujuk Kelantan sebagai contoh kegagalan PAS, saya pula nak kata Umno dan BN contoh parti yang bercelaru serta membawa banyak masaalah," ujarnya kepada media di pejabatnya semalam.

Muhyiddin dalam kempen pilihan raya kecil Bagan Pinang menyeru rakyat mengambil Kelantan sebagai contoh kegagalan PAS membangunkan negeri itu sejak 20 tahun lalu dan sebaliknya menilai rekod kejayaan Barisan Nasional (BN).

Tuan Guru bagaimanapun menafikan kenyataan Muhyiddin itu sambil menyifatkan orang nombor dua pemimpin Negara itu sebagai sengaja ingin membutakan mata bagi menutup kemajuan serta pembangunan pesat Kelantan.

Sambungnya, beliau hanya ingin memberikan jawapan yang sama sebagaimana menjawab tuduhan bekas Perdana Menteri, Tun Mahathir Mohamed yang turut mendakwa perkara yang sama.

Tambahnya, sekiranya Kelantan mundur serta kuasa membeli rakyat rendah, pelabur tentunya tidak akan melabur lagi di negeri itu.

"Kenapa nak cari nahas kerugian kalau Kelantan mundur," soalnya.

Menurutnya lagi, kerana Kelantan semakin maju antaranya boleh dilihat pada pasaraya besar sebagaimana yang terdapat di negeri lain seperti Tesco, Giant, Parkson, juga turut terdapat disini disamping pasaraya lain seperti The Store, Pasiffic, Billion, Pantai Timur Hypermarket dan lain lain lagi.

Sambungnya, beliau juga dijangka akan merasmikan sebuah pasaraya baru Nirwana minggu hadapan.

Beliau juga turut menambah, kerana kemajuan juga bank yang berteraskan Islam di negeri itu semakin bertambah ekoran kesungguhan kerajaan negeri yang mengutamakan dasar Islam pada pentadbirannya.

"Jika sebelum ini hanya ada Bank Islam, namun kini bank bank lain juga turut menggunakan kaedah Islam dalam usaha memberi peluang pada masyarakat menggunakannya tanpa riba,"ujarnya lagi.


Panel Discussion at University of California Berkeley: Politics and New Media in the Muslim World

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 03:17 AM PDT

15 October 2009
5.00 pm
David Brower Center, Tamalpais Room, 2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Moderator: Wajahat Ali, Associate Editor, altmuslim.com
Panelists: Mohamed Abdel Dayem (Program Coordinator for the Middle East and North Africa, Committee to Protect Journalists); Haroon Moghul (Director of Public Relations, Islamic Center of New York University); Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad (legislator, Selangor State Assembly, Malaysia); Muhamad Ali (Assistant Professor of Religious Studies, UC Riverside); Huma Yusuf (journalist, Pakistan)
Link


SEAF Seminar at Stanford University, USA: Malaysia at the Crossroads: Race-based Politics, the Emergence of a Multiracial Alternative and the Road Ahead

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 03:11 AM PDT

14 October 2009
4.30 PM
Daniel and Nancy Okimoto Conference Room, Encina Hall, 3rd floor, East Wing, 616 Serra St., Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Speaker: Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad
Link


Jamuan Hari Raya Bersama Masjid al-Husna, Bandar Sunway

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 03:04 AM PDT

11 October 2009
2.30 petang
Masjid al-Husna, Bandar Sunway


Attending Special Program on Islam in Africa

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 03:01 AM PDT

11 October 2009
8.30 am
Auditorium, Selangor International Islamic University College (KUIS), Bandar Seri Putra, Bangi
Speakers: Maulana Ihsan Hendricks (President, Muslim Judicial Council, South Africa), Sheikh Ebrahim Gabriel (ex-President, Muslim Judicial Council), YB Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=151292559426&ref=ss


Hadir di Majlis Aidilfitri Blok 8 Desa Mentari

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 02:50 AM PDT

10 Oktober 2009
9.00 malam
Blok 8, Desa Mentari, PJS 5


Solat Jumaat di Masjid Nurul Yaqin SS7 Kelana Jaya

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 09:45 PM PDT

9 Oktober 2009
1.00 tengahari
Masjid Nurul Yaqin SS7 Kelana Jaya


Here I Am

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 02:12 AM PDT

I am supposed to update on my mid-autumn celebration in nothern Thailand. However, I am browsing & surfing aimlessly. There seems like a blockage on my mind, the laziness to touch up the photos got over me.

I will be leaving in about 2 days time, all of a sudden I am missing that someone dearly and reading one of the latest post of my dear friend on how a song had touched her, somehow I also touched by this particular song as well at the same time. It sounded beautiful and it is indeed a great song, I miss you!


Here I Am - Air Supply



Here I am playing with those memories again
Just when I thought time has set me free
Those thoughts of you keep taunting you

Holding you
A feeling I never outgrew
Though each & every part of me has tried
Only you can fill that space inside
So there's no sense pretending
My heart is not mending

Just when I thought I was over you
Just when I thought I could stand on my own
Oh baby, those memories come crashing through
And I just can't go on without you

On my own
I try to make the best of it alone
I'd done everything I can to ease the pain
But only you can stop the rain
I just can't live without you
I miss everything about you

Just when I thought I was over you
Just when I thought I could stand on my own
Oh baby, those memories come crashing through
And I just can't go on without
Go on without
It's just no good without you...


This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Dr M wants MCA delegates to vote for a clean leader

Posted: 09 Oct 2009 02:32 AM PDT

KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad wants MCA delegates to vote for a clean leader at the party's extraordinary general meeting Saturday.

The former Prime Minister said leaders must be clean, adding that it was not the views of the leader's supporters that were important.

"We have had tainted leaders who appeared to be accepted by the party but general election results will verify or reject the appearance of support,'' he said in an interview with news portal, Malaysian Mirror.

He said "leaders must be as clean as possible and that it is not one's supporters opinion that is important."

Dr Mahathir was asked to give his comments ahead of the MCA EGM where 2,380 delegates will decide the fate of its two leaders, Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat and Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek.

"MCA may go to greater heights under your leadership but acceptance by Malaysia's multi-racial votes is more important,'' he said.

Dr Mahathir said the winner needed to quickly accommodate those in the losing camp to ensure that the party regained its lost strength and be an "attractive" party again for the Chinese community.


No comments: