Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nayati’s father sacked from job. Malaysia very safe!

Nayati’s father sacked from job. Malaysia very safe!


Nayati’s father sacked from job. Malaysia very safe!

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:52 AM PDT

'Nayati's father sacked from job' is still the most read story @ The Malaysian Insider at the time of writing this post.


I wonder why.

Malaysia is not safe according to employers of Nayati's father - hence they are recalling the family to Netherlands. Nevertheless, the family is staying put in Malaysia to ensure that the prosecution goes through.

Well, the fact is Malaysia is not safe. That's why the kidnap.



Escape from an Attempted Kidnapping

Posted: 29 May 2012 09:19 AM PDT

Xinch was my student in the A-Level Program @ KDU College Penang back in 2004 (if I remember correctly). At that time, I already knew she is a bright, promising and charismatic young lady with such creative and artistic talent. Lively and jovial, Xinch and I never lost touch and sometimes meet up - just the two of us or sometimes with Dr Chung Wei-Lyn. Yesterday, I discovered via her FB update that she had escaped from an attempted kidnap and much as I was thankful,  I never realized how serious it was till I read her write-up in The Malaysian Insider. Thank God you are OK, Xinch. You are one brave young lady and I pray that God will continue to guide and protect you. It is really admirable that she took the trouble to pen her experiences to share that others might take note and be on guard lest they become a victim of an attempted kidnapping.

To everyone out there, please take care and be very careful especially when you are at a car park.

Here is her write-up: How I escaped an attempted kidnapping — Chin Xin-Ci

As I sit here writing this, I am just so grateful to be alive.

To think that 64 hours ago I had a knife to my throat, face to face with the threat of being kidnapped and raped.

It was a Sunday, at 5.22PM. I was alone, walking towards my boyfriend's car in level B2 of The Curve, Mutiara Damansara. He was not in town, and I was running errands with his car. Just as I was putting my shopping bags in the rear seat, the rear car door was slammed against my back, and a meat cleaver was pressed against my throat. A man covered my mouth with his hand, and whispered not to scream. He then shoved me onto the floor of the backseat of the car and waved the cleaver at me, reminding me not to scream. He was skinny, wore a baggy turquoise blue T-shirt, had a thick moustache and short curly hair, was approximately 5'8", in his mid-30s, and of Indian descent.

At this moment, a second man appeared. He was also in his mid-30s. He was wearing a red T-shirt, had a crew-cut, and was of Malay descent. He grabbed my car keys and demanded I hand over my parking ticket. I couldn't remember where it was. They shoved me deeper into the car, and the Indian man got into the back seat with me, while the Malay man got into the driver's seat, driving us out of the car park.

I told them they could take everything, just let me go. But at that point they didn't even ask for money. Instead, the Indian man started to make sexual advances. Then it hit me. "Oh my God. Oh my God. This is really happening. I'm being kidnapped… and I think I know what they want."

From this moment on, there were a few crucial things that happened that I think are the reasons I'm alive today.

1. I managed to get into a position to escape

When they got into the car, the Indian man had tried to force my body down onto the floor. I knew that the moment I'm on the floor, there would be no chance of escape. So I begged him to let me sit up. I promised him I wouldn't scream or alert anyone's attention. Thankfully, he trusted me, and let me sit up, gripping my arm tightly. Then I told him my arm really hurt and to please not grip it so hard. He loosened his grip.

2. I did not fight for the sake of fighting

I was in an enclosed space, with no clear escape route. I would never win in a fight with these two guys, especially when they had sharp weapons. Had I fought from the get go, I may not have been in a position to escape. I might've even been knocked out cold, and God only knows where I would be right now.

3. I was lucky and sneaky

I knew that the only way to escape was to jump out of the car, even if it was moving. They had locked the car doors. So I leaned back, pretended to scratch my hair, and shakily unlocked the door I was leaning against. I'm so lucky they did not see or hear this!

4. I went 'crazy' at the right time

And then I waited. I knew that the car would have to slow down outside the parking lot, as it exits to merge with the main roads. The moment it slowed down, I opened the car door and tried to make a run for it. I failed. I kicked my legs out of the car, but the Indian man had managed to pull my body back in. From this moment on, everything is a blur. I remember the Malay driver temporarily stopping the car, leaning over from the driver's seat and attempting to close the door and pull my legs in. At that point I remember thinking, "Even if I don't get out now, I need to keep the door open and my legs out the door. At the very least, it should cause a scene, and someone would see me. Or, the door might hit another car and they'll be forced to slow down." So I continued kicking. My right foot pushed against the wide-open car door to keep it open. I recall elbowing, struggling, kicking, and even biting. I lost my glasses, and was struggling blindly for my life. At some point the Malay driver yelled, "BAGI DIA LEPAS! BAGI DIA LEPAS!" (Let her go! Let her go!) and the Indian man loosened his grip. I made a jump out of the still-moving car, and ran for my life.

5. I acted despite the fear

My friends said I was brave. But I didn't feel like it. I was quivering and shaking in fear. I was so afraid. I thought I was going to die. I was weak with fear and deathly afraid. I truly thought "this was it". But I knew I HAD to move. I had to run. Or there would be an even worse fate in store for me. While I was quaking in fear, I forced myself to look around and see if there was any way I could escape, or even catch someone's eye.

6. I remembered the people whom I love

The only thing that matters when you're faced with potentially horrendous fate is the people in your life. When I felt the knife to my neck, the first thing I thought was, "This cannot be happening. I must be dreaming." The second? The people who truly matter to me flashed across my mind. It sounds cliche, but it's true. I thought of my parents. My brother. Khailee. Esther. More people. That's all I could think of for a few moments, before I thought, "Shit. I need to get out of here."

I ran towards the Maybank outlet at the Curve. There were plenty of people milling around. I screamed for help over and over again. I was hysterical. I grabbed an older Malay man by his shoulders and begged for help before practically collapsing at his feet.

I will always remember the relief and liberation I felt, running over Mutiara Damansara's manicured grass and into the crowd.

Today, I found out that the entire ordeal from the moment I left the parking ticket payment machine, to my escape, happened in about four minutes. To me, it felt like one long nightmare.

We never think it's going to happen to us... and then it does. I used to think that this is something that happens only in the papers and to people far, far removed from me. But then it did happen to me. I moved to PJ/KL six years ago, and I've spent countless mornings, afternoons and nights at The Curve. When my friends and I were organising Rock Up! back in 2008, we were walking around the place at 4AM even. It's been six years, and never once did I feel that I was unsafe at The Curve. Until yesterday.

I feel like moving out of the country ASAP. Getting the hell out of this state where you hear of a kidnapping or attempted one every month (remember Nayati?), or a snatch theft every week. And yet I'm fully aware of the fact that in another country with more lax firearm laws, they would've been holding a gun to my head, not a cleaver. And that would've been far worse.

I'm Blessed. By God's grace, I am alive and relatively well. And I will live another day to build another cat iPhone app. It just was not my time to go. And for that, I thank God.

I want to share this story with everyone because cops tell me that they rarely get to hear it from someone who escapes.

Girls, be so very careful. Be vigilant, and please try not to go anywhere alone. If you need to walk to the car park, and you're alone, get a guard to go with you. I was recently told that it's part of their job description to assist anyone if needed.

Guys, watch out for your girlfriends, wives, mothers, sisters and friends. Walk with them, don't take their paranoia or fear lightly. Watch out for them.

And everyone, just watch out for each other. Take care of each other. These things really DO happen. As I ran out of the car, so many people came to help me. Strangers who didn't know who I was, came forward and offered me tissue paper, water, cellphones, and general comfort.

Malaysians, please care for one another. You already do. Just keep on caring. Keep watching out for each other. Don't worry about being thought of as "a busybody" or "overreacting". The world can be a cruel place, but all it takes is for people to care for one another to make all the difference.


[PANAS] Pemimpin UMNO Ajak Anak Muda Kembali Menjunjung Kebodohan (Jahiliyah)

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:11 AM PDT


Kadang-kadang Puteri naik heran...dengan sikap segelintir rakyat Malaysia yang masih tak "peka" dengan sikap UMNO haprak....

Umpama kerbau yang dicucuk hidung...umpama robot yang disetkan suisnya....ikut telunjuk..tak mengira halal haram...seolah-olah apa yang dibuat oleh pemimpin UMNO busuk...yang haram bertukar halal....

Himpunan Sejuta Belia.....bukan main gah...canang pelusuk alam..nak sajikan pengisian rohani...tapi apa yang terjadi....program maksiat menjadi agenda....anak-anak muda didedahkan dengan budaya barat. yang menyimpang jauh dari ajaran Islam...apakah ini nilai pengisian rohani dimata pemimpin UMNO haprak!

Anak muda rosak di tangan UMNO..anak muda akan hilang pedoman bila bersama UMNO...anak muda akan jauh dari agama bila berkawan dengan UMNO...yang nyata dan perlu lagi bersuluh...pemimpin no 1 UMNO sanggup turun padang bersama-sama menunjukkan taring kehebatan melakukan perkara mungkar...pemimpin-pemimpin UMNO busuk yang lain....tak segan silu..bersama-sama terkinja-kinja dengan anak-anak muda ...kononnya nak tunjuk kebersamaan....

Makcik-makcik...pakcik-pakcik kat kampung..yang selalunya asyik...angguk-angguk...geleng-geleng..iya-iya...saya-saya...kiri kanan ikut saja....bukalah mata luas-luas...kalau macam tu perangai pemimpin yang menerajui Malaysia..jamin ka anak-anak makcik selamat...bukan selamat kat dunia saja...fikir sama selamatkah diakhirat kelak....

Bila anak-anak muda ke perhimpunan bersih.....mereka dibelasah..mereka diseret macam penjenayah...bila anak muda pergi kuliah agama...mereka dicop pelampau..mereka dituduh sesat...bila anak muda bangun membantah kerakusan UMNO..mereka dikatakan tidak kenang budi..terpedaya dengan pembangkang dan sebagainya...tapi bila anak muda dilalaikan dengan program maksiat....didedahkan dengan pergaulan bebas...mendedahkan aurat....minum arak....tak ada pun suara-suara UMNO haprak yang menyalak menyalahkan pemimpin UMNO...seumpama direstu....lagi pun apa nak susah..kalau termengandung..sekolah mengandung sedia menanti pendaftarannya....tak gitu....

Tepuk dada tanya iman...jangan tanya selera....kalau begini rupanya pemimpin kita...fikirkanlah...apa akan terjadi kepada masa depan anak-anak muda kita.....mau tak mau..suka tak suka....PRU 13 ni...buatlah sesuatu...rasanya tak perlulah Puteri sebut...faham dah kut........

Bagi Puteri..tidak akan sesekali redha UMNO haprak menjadi pembimbing anak-anak Puteri.....bak kata orang Baling....tak kelapaa....... -puteri bulan/kedahla




Hukum Kebenaran terdedah sendiri. Hishamuddin dan Khairy, mereka mendedahkan sendiri siapa mereka sebenarnya. Di bawah ini, zaman jahiliyah sebenar mereka (Wal Hasil balik asal):



Ulasan GB

Di dalam entri sebelum ini GB sudah menyatakan ada sebuah parti politik yang giat mengajak dan menggalakkan para belia termasuk remaja kembali ke zaman kebodohan (jahiliyah).

Kedatangan Islam yang dibawa oleh Nabi Junjungan ialah untuk menghapuskan sistem kehidupan jahiliyah tetapi UMNO tidak segan silu memikul bangkai jahiliyah untuk dihidup semula untuk dijadikan teladan para belianya.

Memang benar apa dikatakan bekas Presiden mereka, Tun Mahathir menyatakan bahawa yang ada dalam UMNO kini hanya yang jahil-jahil (bodoh-bodoh).

Tuhan semakin mendedahkan pekung UMNO yang sebenarnya.


Malaysia should condemn brutal attacks on civilians in Syria

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:34 AM PDT

Malaysia should condemn brutal attacks on civilians in Syria

The Malaysian government especially Foreign Minister Anifah Aman should condemn brutal attacks on civilians in Syria. The non-interference stance by the Malaysian government is not tenable.

Pakatan Rakyat strongly condemns the killing of more than 90 civilians in Syria last Friday of which 32 were children under the age of 10. We further demand that the Syrian government immediately cease the use of heavy weapons in population centers, and call on all parties to abide by Kofi Annan's peace plan.

It has been reported that more than 9000 people consisting of civilians have been killed in Syria while tens of thousands displaced since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad began. After 15 months of violence, we call on all parties to halt violence in all its forms.

With these attacks, the peace plan and the United Nation (UN)cease-fire that went into effect on April 12th are nothing more than history.

Although Syrian government officials deny any military involvement in the massacre, activists claimed otherwise. Survivors interviewed by Human Rights Watch claimed that armed men, dressed in military clothes, attacked homes on the outskirts of town and killed entire families.

This is compounded by the findings of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria (UNSMIS) observers confirming that artillery and tank shells were fired at a residential neighborhood. Here lies our suspect with the claims made by the Syrian government that terrorists groups such as Al-Qaida were involved since it is widely known that they are not that well equipped.

In the name of justice, the truth should prevail and those responsible for the atrocities must be held accountable.

Hence, we urge the Malaysian government to observe Human Rights Watch's call for accountability by referring the situation in Syria to the International Criminal Court (ICC). Inaction is no longer an option as the longer we wait, more precious innocent lives will be lost.

Nurul Izzah Anwar
Dr Dzulkefli Ahmad
Liew Chin Tong


Flying KL-Christchurch: the end of an era

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:44 AM PDT


So this is truly the end of an era. No more budget flights to New Zealand. With AirAsia X terminating their flights to Christchurch, all that's left are the regular flights by Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to Auckland.

I had suggested to a friend in Christchurch that perhaps the reason for AirAsia X pulling out from this sector was because they weren't making any money. On the contrary, he wrote back. He said he had a friend connected with the aviation industry in New Zealand who insisted that this was the result of the previous shares swap arrangement between AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines.

One of the consequences of the shares swap was that there would be a realignment of routes. AirAsia would have to give up something in return for the lucrative routes they were eyeing. In the end, Malaysia Airlines would thus be the only Malaysian airline to fly to New Zealand.

Whatever the real reason, let me say that for about one and a half years, Malaysians had the chance to enjoy the pleasures of New Zealand's beautiful South Island. So, thank you, AirAsia for making that happen for some of us!



ca-pub-5430283382112812


[VIDEO] Aksi Gedik Paling Hodoh & Bodoh Di Dunia?

Posted: 29 May 2012 08:06 AM PDT

Kebelakangan ini budaya hedonisma di kalangan para remaja termasuk para pelajar semakin menjadi-jadi. Ia menunjukkan gejala keruntuhan akhlak semakin parah.

Di bawah ini dipaparkan sebuah video klip gelagat beberapa orang pelajar perempuan yang masih di bangku sekolah menampilkan aksi budaya tidak senonoh yang begitu memalukan. Benar ia hodoh dan bodoh (jahil) - yang mengembalikan suasana kehidupan "jahiliyah".

Berikut ini dipetik dari mynewsbub.

Amacam…ada tak macam aksi gedik paling bodoh kat dunia? Dah la buat benda tak berapa senonoh, lepas tu rakam dan yang terakhir muat naik ke Youtube.

Tahniah…tanda kejayaan akal yang luar biasa.

Untuk yang sudah menonton, boleh bagi pandangan sikit apa agaknya yang ada dalam pemikiran bebudak ni?


Sumber: Mynewshub.my



Ada sebuah parti politik di negara ini yang menjunjung tinggi kehidupan jahiliyah ini. Para pemimpinnya mengajak dan menggalakkan pemuda-pemudi (para belia) tenggelam dalam kebodohan zaman jahiliyah. Tunggu laporannya selepas ini.


UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:44 AM PDT

New mobile, the HTC Explorer

Posted: 28 May 2012 02:50 AM PDT

I was waylaid at the shopping mall just the other day. There I was, minding my own business while walking through the mall with my son and aunt after a nice hearty meal at one of the eateries when a young lady openly called me over to her. Uh, perish the thought if you thought there was something untoward going on.

No, she was only trying to interest me in one of the mobile phone packages that her company was promoting. "But I already have a package from you," I told her. "And I don't want any new package that would cost me additional money," I added, hoping that she'd leave me alone then.

"But here is an offer of a free phone," she persisted. "If you will allow me to look into your current mobile account, you may actually qualify for it," she continued. And then she shoved a brochure under my eyes. Gently shoved, that is. "If you qualify and if you subscribe to this data plan, you can get the HTC Explorer free."

Mmm, a free phone? Now I'm interested. I'll tell you why I'm interested. I'm interested because for the past two months, I've been reduced to using my wife's spare mobile, an ancient clam shell Samsung, while I considered a permanent replacement for that lousy junk of a mobile, the Nokia C6. And I haven't been able to make up my mind at all! My son has been suggesting the HTC One V to me, my daughter asked me to go with the Samsung Note, while a friend had been telling me about the Sony Experia V which, by the way, I can't find in the shops!

So in a sense, walking past by this young lady sort of forced the decision onto me to get the HTC Explorer. All I needed to do was to have her terminate my old data plan and resubscribe to it. Of course, there was a small catch. I had to pay a deposit of RM300 into my mobile account and be tied into a 24-month contract with the mobile phone company. But, the lady beamed at me after having snared a customer, your monthly bills will be offset against this deposit. Frankly, I didn't mind because well, it's still my money in my account.

Now, having played with this new toy for the past few days, I must say that it satisfies all my needs. I don't need one of those high-end, spiffy mobiles that have a fast chip or the latest operating system to go with all the bells and whistles. Many of the features will be lost on me anyway. I'm already quite satisfied if I can now connect occasionally to the Internet through 3G in order to check my emails.

And I certainly don't need a five megapixel or an eight megapixel mobile camera. In my opinion, nothing can outperform a dedicated camera. Having said this, let me say as an aside that I was pleasantly surprised by the results from the HTC Explorer's three megapixel camera. Had used it yesterday as a last resort when I discovered that I had forgotten to bring out a camera when I visited the Nandaka Vihara Buddhist Meditation Centre at the foothills of the Bukit Mertajam Hill at Cherok Tokun. Quality's not that bad, right?




ca-pub-5430283382112812


Lest We Get Distracted

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:24 AM PDT

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

The above quotation is often attributed to Albert Einstein the physicist (1879 - 1955) but Wiki Answers says:

The answer isn't really known but current consensus is that it came from the author Rita Mae Brown in her book Sudden Death on Pg. 68 from 1983. Most people will attribute this quote to Albert Einstein but there is no evidence to suggest that he made this statement.

This quote "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" appears in the Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was copyrighted in 1982 and later published in 1983. It is found on page 11 of the final "Review Form" which was distributed to the fellowship in November of 1981. It is found on page 23 of the current sixth edition.

The reason why I brought this up is because I cannot understand how a month has passed by and many are still harping on Bersih 3.0 and all related topics. Malaysians, we need to move on. For the record, I seldom read any news and only read headlines or selected items because the madness raging is enough to make me puke. I find it very disappointing that many are easily led by their noses with regards to topics for discussion/focus as a result of agenda setting tactics.

With the imminent GE13, instead of focussing on salient points pertaining to elections, many are still harping on Bersih. Do not get me wrong. I am all for electoral reform but remember the quotation I placed strategically at the beginning of this post. If even after three attempts and intended results are not in the horizon, forget about talking or dreaming of Bersih 4.0. Passive resistance is a more viable option. Consider THIS.

The current scenario shows that temperatures are rising e.g. the aftermath near Ambiga's house and even what happened in Penang last Sunday (for the record - I was not there but have spoken to those who were.) As such, the only logical thing to do now would be to:
  • AVOID holding public rallies so that there is no opportunity for trouble-makers to strike. Instead, organize meetings where registration is required. This may prevent untoward incidents, especially if organizers request for police presence to ensure order and safety at the venue
  • REFRAIN from making any statement that can provoke negative reaction from others
  • TRY to maintain composure and never let the other side know what is happening.
In terms of strategies, the Opposition and/or pro-Opposition activists have a lot to learn because they seem to be experts in shooting themselves in their feet and losing ground to BN.  I expected the brouhaha that would follow Bersih 3.0 and so far, my eight predictions (which I only voiced to five persons) have come true and that includes how BN has gone to town Santa Claus style in dishing out and winning the heartland that matters.

Of late, we have seen component parties of PR in self-destructive mode e.g.:
  • the reaction of DAP leaders in response to Tunku Aziz's opinion
  • the stipulations expressed by PAS with regards to architectural requirements (Read more HERE)
  • recent revelations with regards to PKR's Azmin Ali (Read more HERE)
Consider the level of political maturity. Many seem to have lost sight of what is real and worth our time, attention and discussion. Too often, online discussions/dissent have a tendency to go off-tangent in extremities.

Much more can be achieved if only we take time to plan, to strategize and to execute plans that can bring positive returns WITHOUT straining ties.

I would recommend a thorough study of Sun Tzu's Art of War. This set of slides is a good place to begin if you do not intend to read the epic: The Art of War - 36 Strategies

To avoid barking up the wrong tree and to ensure no one is a victim of agenda setting tactics, concerned Malaysians should consider:
  • avoiding political drama and not be embroiled in any racial politics
  • pressuring political parties to ensure only QUALITY candidates stand for election
  • pressuring political parties to present the report card for ADUNs and MPs
  • pressuring PR to reveal their ever elusive shadow cabinet that has to date, remained in the shadows
  • listing out ways in which civil liberties can be upheld
  • listing out genuine and legitimate concerns that affect all of us and asking leaders to explain how these can be addressed
  • volunteering at the next elections
  • keeping quiet so that the other side does not know what is going on. It is better for them to die from suspense and speculation than for them to make counter-moves. Sadly, some like to boast about this and that only to find out that all that braggart behaviour comes to naught for the other side has already taken pro-active steps to pre-empt undesirable consequences, often - to their advantage!
  • and many other POSITIVE steps that will not exacerbate the current situation

We must remember that all can be victims of agenda setting - a theory of mass communication effects whereby via the editorial selection process, the MSM defines and transmits political objects to the masses in such a way which affects the relative importance of these objects to the public.

Of course, the news media may not DIRECTLY/CONSCIOUSLY dictate to the public what to think, but don't you agree that they tell the public what to think about even to the extent of subtle propaganda via daily news snippets or the focus/angle of their reporting or non-reporting?

Admittedly, journalists have been trained to abide by journalistic norms called news values such as proximity, timeliness, conflict, celebrity and human interest. With these, they can determine what is worth reporting thereby indirectly setting the topic of kopi tiam discussions.

However, we must remember that via agenda setting, the media subtly guides readers as to what to think, how to think and once they formulate their opinions, influence others to think likewise when these topics are made public not just from the airing in the MSM but also in blog posts, discussions and forwarded articles via email or discussion boards.

Essentially, the MSM agenda is a ubiquitous two-level flow from opinion leaders to opinion followers. In this way, the news media agenda permeates society. Research has shown that agenda setting is stronger for newspapers than for television news.

Sometimes, the rakyat may need some orientation as to what should be the agenda and this depends on the relevance of the political subject and its uncertainty. With low relevance, the need for orientation is low. If both relevancy and uncertainty are high, then need for orientation is high. When need for orientation is high among many in the population, agenda setting is more likely to be strong. Therefore, during a social crisis, it is natural that people turn to the media for guidance and they can either be informed or otherwise.

Regardless, when reading any article, are we aware of its objective or agenda? Realistically, the frame of reference (sum of prejudices, feelings, experience etc) of a person can influence his perception of the article as well as one tends to believe what supports his existing or pre-existing beliefs.

Judging from current trends, it is quite easy for many to lose sight of what is important as they seem to have a fetish for chasing red herrings deliberately planted to distract us from what matters.

And what DOES matter to all of us?


Johor crown prince: We don't take money from gov't

Posted: 29 May 2012 07:03 AM PDT

But OK to take money from rakyat?

Rakyat's money is Royalty's money?
May 29, 2012

Tunku Ismail took to Twitter to defend his father the Sultan of Johor.
KUALA LUMPUR, May 29 — Johor's Tengku Mahkota Tunku Ismail Idris took to Twitter last night to defend his father's RM520,000 purchase of the coveted WWW 1 vehicle number plate, saying the royal family has never used public money for personal spending.

"JOHOR Royal Family does Not take any Money from the Government. Since the time of Almarhum Sultan Ibrahim. Feel free to ask the MB or any Government officials.

"The Money allocated to My Father and I every month as a Sultan and Tunku Mahkota is put into Yayasan Iskandar and Yayasan Ibrahim. The purpose of these foundations (Yayasan Iskandar and Yayasan Ibrahim) is for the Rakyat and to assist the Johor State Government.

"I my self, since the time I was the Raja Muda, Never took 1 cent from the Government till this very Day. Its my Rakyat's Money. So before You Open your mouth. Do your research," the Johor crown prince posted on his Twitter account @HRHJohor2 in reply to criticism from the former Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin.

The royal family's spending habits came under the spotlight after the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Ismail Sultan Iskandar, was revealed as the person who beat some 10,000 bidders, including the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, to win the tender yesterday.

The amount beat the record set by the number plate MCA 1 in 2010 for RM300,100.

Mohammad Nizar had tweeted yesterday that the Johor Sultan could have used the half a million ringgit instead to help the state's poor Malays buy homes.

"RM520k bolih dibelanjakan membantu rakyat melayu Johor yg masih ramai miskin serta memerlukan bantuan utk kprluan hidup, bina 20 rumah PPRT!" (RM520,000 can be spent on poor Malays in Johor who need help to survive, and build 20 PPRT (Program Pembangunan Rakyat Termiskin) homes!" the PAS leader said last night on his account @mbnizar.

The Johor royal household is no stranger to controversy.

Earlier this month, four expatriates alleged they were assaulted by royal bodyguards while holidaying on the resort island of Rawa, off the southern state's coast.

It was the second such reported assault in seven years.

In 2005, six men, said to be from the Johor royal family, were reported to have gatecrashed a Brazilian couple's wedding on the same island and beat up the guests with golf clubs and sharp objects.


A-ahhh.... Not now!

Posted: 29 May 2012 10:37 AM PDT

A-ah! PM's announcement that he will be tabling Budget 2013 at the Parliament on Sept 28 doused off all speculations that the national polls would be held before Hari Raya Puasa. It also puts all contemplations at base.

But then, rumor mongering has no stopping. People from the top to the laymen are now quite certain that general election has to be by year end. Could it be November or October once the the Budget reaches Dewan Negara?

There are also suggestions for the polls to be called latest by February next year before the Cabinet terms expires. But this would be too late and could be seen as Najib's effort to frustrate the Opposition. It would also be perceived as a sign that BN is having problems and that it needs until the last minute to prepare it for elections.

A text message I received seconds after Najib's announcement today said, "Looks like PM is listening to the warlord (Tun Dr Mahathir)".

I don't know and I don't want to comment on that but the former Prime Minister had, in an interview with Bloomberg two days ago made a staggering remark that Najib's government was not ready for the general election now and for that, Najib should call for the polls sometimes after Ramadan (the fasting month).

Of course its not suitable to have it during Ramadan. It could be held during Hari Raya but again, nothing was pointing to that although there were rumors that the government would be giving out bonuses to the civil servants before Hari Raya.

And now that Sept 28 is Budget Day, all speculations and prophecies about the 'soon to be held election' have subsided.

I believe the Opposition is caught by surprise too. After all the campaigning since early this year, they have to take some extra months to hammer the government, finding new issues and refreshing their tactics.

But what's the point of calling for a general election if the Opposition fails to give assurances that there would not be any problems during election campaign? They are so fond of taking to the streets now, and this is a big worry for everybody.

With their Bersih still disputing the electoral system, do we need an election now as they have the tendency of boycotting the poll or taking to the streets again?

I think Najib is taking into account all these issues. Whether he takes Tun Dr Mahathir's words for it, he is the boss now and its his prerogative rights to call the shots at the advise of the personnel around him.



SAHAM FGVH : Kroni UMNO 11.5%, Sykt Yahudi 4.9%, Peneroka Hanya Dapat 2.5%

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:27 AM PDT

FGVH bakal jatuh ke tangan Yahudi?

Kontroversi penyenaraian Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad (FGVH) semakin hangat apabila PKR mendakwa para peneroka hanya diberi peruntukan sebanyak 91 juta saham atau 2.5% dari jumlah keseluruhan saham di bawah Tawaran Awam Permulaan (IPO – Initial Public Offering).

Data dari Kementerian Perdagangan Antarabangsa dan Industri (Miti) mengesahkan sebahagian besar jumlah saham akan dibolot oleh kroni Umno, yang diistilahkan sebagai "pelabur-pelabur bumiputera yang diiktiraf Miti". Mereka diberi peruntukan sebanyak 420 juta saham atau 11.5% dari jumlah saham.

Ketua biro perdagangan dan pelaburan parti itu Wong Chen semalam mendedahkan bahawa para pelabur yang dimaksudkan ialah mereka yang mempunyai hubungan rapat dengan kerajaan Barisan Nasional.

Prospektus FGVH menunjukkan peruntukan 2.5% untuk 112,635 peneroka itu sebenarnya adalah kurang dari peruntukan saham untuk para pekerja Felda sendiri. Para pekerja Felda diberi peruntukan sebanyak 109 juta saham atau 3% dari jumlah keseluruhan IPO.

Kenapa para peneroka mendapat jumlah saham yang kurang berbanding dengan peruntukan saham bagi golongan pekerja di Felda yang seramai 3,835 orang itu adalah sesuatu yang sukar dijelaskan.

Jika diandaikan kesemua saham dibeli maka setiap peneroka hanya mendapat 810 saham sedangkan setiap pekerja Felda mendapat sebanyak 28,368 saham.

Berbalik kepada janji yang dibuat Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak di mana dalam ucapannya beliau sering mencanangkan bahawa kerajaan pimpinannya sangat mengambil berat tentang hal ehwal kebajikan para peneroka.

"Hanya BN sahaja yang mampu membela nasih para peneroka," begitulah apa yang sering beliau laung-laungkan di mana sahaja beliau pergi bagi menjustifikasikan niatnya untuk mengapong saham FGVH di Bursa Malaysia.

Kroni Umno untung besar

Keadaan ini menjelaskan kepada kita bahawa tokoh-tokoh korporat dan kroni Umno akan mengaut faedah dan keuntungan yang besar hasil dari titik peluh para peneroka.

Mereka ini tidak perlu berusaha untuk meneroka, meratakan tanah dan menanam tanaman, kalau dulu getah dan sekarang kelapa sawit.

Mereka juga tidak perlu menunggu masa kira-kira tujuh tahun untuk menuaikan hasil seperti peneroka yang berhempas pulas untuk mengerjakannya selama 10 hingga 20 tahun dan lebih.

Dengan kekuatan wang ringgit yang mereka miliki mereka boleh membeli seberapa banyak jumlah saham yang mereka ingini apabila terapong di Bursa Malaysia nanti.

Benarkah Najib prihatin dengan nasib para peneroka atau Najib mempunyai kepentingan lain sehingga membuka ruang kepada golongan kaya untuk menambah kekayaan mereka.

Data dari Miti juga mendedahkan bahawa sebanyak 1.5 bilion saham FGVH iaitu setinggi 41% diperuntukan kepada para pelabur gergasi termasuk syarikat komoditi Peranchis, Louis Dreyfus milik keluarga Yahudi.

Akhbar mingguan bisnes dan pelaburan, The Edge juga menyebut tentang syarikat Yahudi ini di mana Louis Dreyfus akan menerima 4.9 peratus kepentingan dalam FGVH.

Ini mengesahkan kebimbangan kita bahawa berkemungkinan FGVH pada suatu hari nanti, akan jatuh ke tangan Yahudi berdasarkan kekuatan kewangan dan pengaruh mereka di pasaran antarabangsa.

Peruntukan 4.9 peratus ini bermakna syarikat Yahudi itu mendapat peruntukan saham lebih daripada keseluruhan jumlah 112,635 peneroka di negara ini yang hanya mendapat peruntukan sebanyak 2.5 peratus.

Dengan kepintaran mereka dalam selok belok permainan saham dan ditambah dengan kekuatan kewangan yang mereka miliki, maka tidak mustahil syarikat seperti Louis Dreyfus boleh menambah pegangan sahamnya dalam FGVH.

Mereka bebas untuk membeli lebih banyak saham dalam pasaran terbuka, apabila saham FGVH diapongkan nanti.

Walaupun kerajaan menjanjikan bahawa kepentingan majoriti FGVH tetap kekal di tangan para pelabur tempatan, bumiputera dan syarikat-syarikat berkaitan kerajaan tetapi ianya tidak semudah itu.

Melihat kepada saham MAS yang kini jatuh ke paras serendah RM1.08 sesaham yang ditutup semalam, yakinkah kita bahawa kerajaan BN mampu memelihara dan mengawal saham FGVH dari jatuh kepada pelabur-pelabur asing?

Prospektus FGVH dijangka diedarkan Khamis ini dan permohonan sahamnya akan ditutup 10 hari atau dua minggu selepas itu. -FMT

FGVH Memajak Tanah Rezab Melayu Di Pasaran Saham

SHAH ALAM, 28 MEI : Lebih 105,000 daripada 847,362 ekar tanah yang diusahakan Felda Plantations Sdn Bhd (Felda Plantations) untuk penyenaraian Felda Global Ventures Holdings Sdn Bhd (FGVH) adalah Tanah Rezab Melayu.

Pengarah Strategi PKR, Mohd Rafizi Ramli mempersoalkan perkara itu kerana tindakan memajakkan tanah 105,382 ekar itu boleh melanggar matlamat pewartaan Tanah Rezab Melayu.

Malah, katanya, kedudukan FGVH di Bursa Saham Malaysia selepas ini juga tidak boleh dikira sebagai sebuah syarikat berstatus Bumiputra kerana jumlah pegangan saham Bumiputra tidak dapat disahkan.

"Setakat ini peneroka Felda hanya diperuntukkan 2.5 peratus dari jumlah pegangan saham sementara manakala kakitangan Felda pula hanya 3 peratus.

"Selebihnya melibatkan badan-badan lain yang dijemput masuk Pengerusinya, Tan Sri Isa Samad termasuk Louis Dreyfus iaitu sebuah syarikat antarabangsa yang dikuasai keluarga Yahudi terkenal dari Perancis.

"Oleh itu, Perdana Menterti, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak dan Isa wajar menjelaskan kepada rakyat kenapakah tanah-tanah berstatus rezab Melayu ini turut dipajakkan ke FGVH yang disenaraikan di pasaran saham?

"Apakah jaminan bahawa tanah-tanah ini akhirnya tidak bertukar tangan atau pembangunannya tidak bertentangan dengan semangat pewartaan Tanah Rezab Melayu yang digubal hampir 100 tahun yang lalu?," soalnya dalam satu kenyataan dibuat di sini hari ini.

Mohd Rafizi berkata perkara itu disahkan berdasarkan salinan laporan yang diterima dalam perjanjian FGVH dan senarai tanah yang terlibat.

PKR menyeru setiap Kerajaan Negeri yang terlibat menolak sebarang usaha membatalkan status Tanah Rezab Melayu seluas 105,382 ekar itu.

Tanah rezab Melayu itu akan terletak di bawah pengurusan FGVH selepas penyenaraian dan boleh diusahakan mengikut syarat-syarat perjanjian.
-selangorku



The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:28 AM PDT



adobe photoshop cs2 abstract tutorials on the Clone Stamp Tool

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:18 AM PDT

You may be a adept when it comes to using the Clone Stamp machine in the Photoshop mechanism but hold you decent reaction with the Healing clash Tool? The curative Brush gadget is somewhat new and while the Clone Stamp Tool is perfect in several design instances, the curing Brush gadget can combine something new to your work. You admit obscure used the Clone Stamp device being teeming


Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta to start this friday

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:18 AM PDT

Exclusive dossier convenient in: Adobe Systems Inc. on friday bequeath make available whereas download an early federal beta of its next-generation graphics editor, Photoshop CS3, but will discrepant discontinue from delivering pre-release copies of other clever Suite 3.0 applications. People passable with the matter tell AppleInsider that Adobe highest gaffer Bruce Chizen


ADOBE FEATURES

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:17 AM PDT

Adobe Photoshop has chivalrous connections with other Adobe software now media editing, animation, and authoring. Files in Photoshop's originating format, .PSD, can be exported to besides from Adobe ImageReady, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, coming Effects, further Adobe Encore DVD to make able grade DVDs further make available non-linear editing and special effects services, such thanks


Adobe CS4 In-Depth

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:17 AM PDT

Adobe Photoshop CS4: Codename: Adobe Stonehenge CS4 considerable. Stonehenge is the splash screen. 1. The User-Interface is similar to CS3 however crackerjack are some subordinate polishes 2. Support owing to "Extensions" is listed subservient the "Window" menu 3. The augmentation manager is in every CS4 application 4. "Kuler" which is an Intranet color pallet support apparatus whereas


 Access Public Records from Your Own Home

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:16 AM PDT

  SearchPublicRecords.org, a known and trusted online records counsel provider, lets you utilize a network of multiple whole story sources to jewel the exact records you are looking being. gain the cue from thousands of sources, public and private, quickly and conveniently right to your eclipse. SearchPublicRecords.org provides a fast again discreet reaching for you to find records keep secret


A Cure since Tinnitus

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:16 AM PDT

  About 50 million Americans suffer from tinnitus. The ringing can be a hell bent distraction from conventional life, making it difficult to concentrate, sleep, or even rest assured. Despite technological advances in medicine however, and the prevalence of people agonized from tinnitus, there is still no resolve regenerate that works considering everyone. There are receive of products that


Adobe Photoshop – A Digital Photographer’s nonpareil Friend

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:16 AM PDT

Photos that hold your attention speak for themselves. Taking photos that capture the viewer's imagination and hold their conjecture commit make you famous. influence today's tout most photographers benediction digital cameras. It is easier to use again provides instant pride. Whether you are a learner or a professional, Adobe Photoshop may buy for the digital photo editing software habit


No comments: