Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lost and Found and Lost Again

Lost and Found and Lost Again

Lost and Found and Lost Again

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 07:54 AM PDT

Mystery. It's one of the best things about genealogy, and also, paradoxically, one of the most frustrating.

I was confronted with several mysteries when I set out to learn as much as I could about the MacVay family 22 years ago. Since then I've been able to solve many of them. I figured out where my family had come from. I found relatives. I dug up information on when and where people had been born, where they had ended up, and when they had died. Eventually I broadened the scope of my research to include the MacLeods and other families in my tree. New mysteries presented themselves. I combed through records, followed leads, contacted people, put clues together, came up with theories. One by one, the mysteries were solved. I think I've done pretty well.

There are still a number of mysteries I need to solve, some of which have baffled me for years. But all these years there was one mystery that really frustrated me. For 22 years, I wondered just what had happened to my great uncle Kirk.

Kirk and his brother Sandy were the only two of William and Fanny MacVay's six children not buried in Cape Breton. Sandy wasn't a mystery for long, because his daughter showed up at my dad's place in a motor home one day in 1990 and filled us in on where he'd ended up (Sandy died in Seattle in 1952). That left just one mystery: what happened to Kirk? My father (whose middle name is Kirk) didn't know much about his uncle. Over the years I managed to dig up bits and pieces of information, but I still didn't know exactly when, where or how Kirk had died. No one knew. But I never stopped digging.

In 1897, my great-grandparents William and Fanny MacVay lived in Little Ridge, just outside Saint Stephen, Charlotte County, New Brunswick. They lived on the farm William had inherited from his father, Alexander MacVay, who had died the previous year. William and Fanny had four children – Robbie, Sandy, Maud and Armour – and were about to welcome their fifth child into the world.

William Kirk MacVay was born on March 6, 1897, just across the border in Grand Lake Stream, Maine, where his mother's family had settled years before. It's fairly obvious where his first name came from. His middle name – the name he would be called by for the rest of his life – probably came from the fact that Fanny's brother Frank Macartney had married Mabel Kirk the previous year.

Kirk spent his very early childhood in Little Ridge and, like his older siblings, also spent quite a bit of time across the border in Grand Lake Stream. The border wasn't what it is today; the MacVays crossed the border like we cross the street. I know little about his early life in Little Ridge except that he and his siblings basically lived in both countries. I also know they had a bit of excitement in 1898 when the MacVays' house burned down – Kirk's first experience with a devastating fire and, sadly, not his last.

When Kirk was four years old, he and his family moved to Sydney, Nova Scotia, where his father and older brothers had secured jobs at a newly-built steel mill. After a short stay on Falmouth Street, William built a big house on George Street and William, Robbie and Sandy settled into a routine: they would put on their best suits in the morning, walk to the steel plant, change into coveralls, lay bricks all day, then clean themselves up, put their best suits back on, and walk home.

The MacVay family in 1904.
The MacVays in 1904. Back row, left to right: Armour, William, Maud; front row: Robbie, Fanny, Kirk, Sandy. Kirk was about seven years old in this picture.

Kirk, meanwhile, enjoyed a carefree childhood. An elderly relative once told me that Kirk had been a cheeky little boy who kept his staunchly conservative father busy. William was proud of his Scottish heritage and, I'm told, played the bagpipes and even did some Highland dancing. However, he reserved such displays for the appropriate time and place, and was apparently horrified when he found out young Kirk was doing the Highland fling on street corners.

Other than that, I know very little about Kirk's growing-up years in Cape Breton. He appears on the 1911 census, and then in 1914 in McAlpine's Sydney City Directory, which says he lived with his parents and worked as a clerk. Then he disappeared.

Well, he disappeared for me, anyway. For years I couldn't find any trace of Kirk beyond that 1914 directory listing. Older relatives said he'd died in an explosion or fire in the United States in the late 1920s or early 1930s. But I couldn't nail down the details. Someone said he'd been killed in an explosion while doing welding work on a big oil tank. Or maybe a ship. Or maybe he'd been killed in a hotel fire in Chicago. Or a mine explosion in Pennsylvania. The relative who told me about Kirk's dancing on street corners said she remembered Fanny's despair upon finding out her son had died. But she couldn't remember when, or where, and for years I could find no trace of him.

Kirk's whereabouts remained a mystery for several years, until I found his name in a record of a border crossing made by his younger brother Frank, my grandfather. Eighteen-year-old Frank crossed the Canada-US border at Vanceboro, Maine on 1 March 1927. He said he was going to the US to look for work. His contact in the US was his brother William K, who lived at 18 Charles Street in Malden, Massachusetts. At some point he may have been staying with some of the Macartneys, who lived in Malden and nearby Lawrence and Lowell.

So I knew Kirk had lived in Malden in March, 1927, and that he had probably died before the census was done in 1930. But that was all I knew. I still couldn't find Kirk.

Then, just last week, I found him. Or rather I lost him, for as the details of his death emerged, I felt like I was watching it all happen before my eyes. Actually, I was reading about it in the newspaper, since most of what I know about Kirk's tragic death has been pieced together from old newspaper archives I found online. And so the events leading up to Kirk's death unfolded before me as if I was reading them in this week's papers.

In 1928 Kirk was living in Tewksbury, Massachusetts (the papers gave his address as 28 Faulkner Avenue, which is actually in neighbouring Wilmington, not Tewksbury, but it's all the same area anyway). Like his older brothers, who had both moved to the US for work, Kirk was able to live and work there easily due to the ambiguity of his place of birth. He was, for all intents and purposes, American. In 1928 he worked as an electrician at the Beacon Oil Company's sprawling 50-acre plant and refinery on the banks of the Mystic River in Everett, Massachusetts.

On 10 February 1928, he was doing some electrical work on the roof of the pump house when a massive explosion occurred. The blast was felt and heard all over the Boston area, where windows shattered and dishes fell off shelves. A monstrous black cloud climbed up into the air, joined by flames that reached 200 feet high. Kirk survived the explosion but found himself trapped on the roof of the pump house. The only way out was through the fire. Faced with the choice of being swallowed by the black wall of smoke or trying to escape, he chose the latter and jumped right through the flames.

A photo of the fire by Leslie Jones of the Boston Herald-Traveler newspaper.

"Workmen, with their clothing ablaze, ran like living torches from the fiery ruins," wrote one reporter. Kirk must have been one of them. According to the same reporter, some of them were dead by the time the first firemen arrived on the scene.

This photo by Leslie Jones of the Boston Herald-Traveler newspaper shows firemen removing charred bodies from the scene of the fire.

Kirk was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston with three other men. An article that appeared the following day listed him among the badly injured:

McVAY William-28 Faulkner Av Tewksbury – Severe burns about body, face and extremities – Danger list.

Two of the other men died the following day, but Kirk held on. His last days must have been agonizing. A 1982 newspaper article about a different disaster (the 1942 Cocoanut Grove fire) provides some insight into how horribly the men burned in the Beacon Oil fire had suffered. In that article, Dr. Oliver Cope says what he saw after the Beacon Oil fire affected the way he treated burn victims:

"In 1928, when I was a fourth-year medical student at Harvard Medical School, there was a fire at the Beacon Oil Company in Everett, and 31 men were burned.
"The treatment at the time was tannic acid. You would remove the blister and the dead skin and tannic acid would be applied. It makes a dry cover."
But, Cope said, the treatment involved painstaking – and painful – cleaning of the wound and turning of the patient's body to get at the burns.
"I remember very vividly going into a little bathroom, and a nurse and an intern were denuding a man from the Beacon fire in a bathtub and pouring tannic acid on him. He died. And why did he die? because no attention was paid to his (body) fluids. That stuck in my mind."

Cope would later argue that oil should be used instead of tannic acid, because "most burns sterilize the wound as they happen and…doctors should simply cover them and let the blister provide a natural protection. That way, fewer doctors could treat more patients." This was an important thing to consider, especially after Pearl Harbor, where Cope said "the medical people were overwhelmed by the casualties".

On 21 February, after eleven days of agony that I can't even begin to imagine, Kirk finally lost his battle for survival. Here's an article that appeared the next day:

BOSTON, Feb 21 – By Associated Press – The death toll from the explosion and fire in the plant of the Beacon Oil Company on February 10 was increased to 14 today when William Kirk MacVey of Tewksbury died at the Massachusetts General hospital from the effect of burns received during the fire. MacVey was an electrician and at the time of the explosion was working on the pumphouse. He jumped through the flames.

Finally finding out the truth about Kirk left me with mixed feelings. I was happy, of course, to have solved such a longstanding mystery. But I was also a little sad. Maybe it's weird to feel that way about someone who died 84 years ago, but I did feel a little sad. Maybe it's because I always assumed he'd died instantly, and was surprised and a little horrified to find out he'd held on for almost two weeks like that. And he was so young, just shy of his 31st birthday. Or maybe it was because I'd been wondering about Kirk for so many years, thinking about him. I've come to know that generation, people who died years before I was born, almost like I know my own aunts and uncles. I don't know. But yeah, I felt a little sad.

I thought maybe I was sad because that mystery was solved now, that chapter closed. Like how mountain climbers finally reach that elusive peak and ask 'What now?' But no, I guess that's not it. After all, I have many more mysteries to solve. In fact, one of those mysteries does involve Kirk: Did he have a wife and children? My aunt said she thought he had. Someone I found on the 1930 census may have been his wife and two children, but I'm not sure yet. I'll keep digging.

While I'm not sure whether Kirk was married or had any children, I did find out something interesting about the aftermath of the Beacon Oil disaster. The wives and children of those killed in the disaster got some insurance money, but it was still hard for widows left with large families, including some very young children who would never really know their fathers. The mayor of Everett, James Roche, had worked at the Beacon Oil plant and knew some of the victims, and wanted to help. So he brought in some big-name help.

Glenna Jenkins, a lady in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia whose grandfather Joseph Landrigan died in the Beacon Oil disaster, has done quite a bit of research on the disaster and its aftermath. In an email, she gave me some of the details:

Mayor Roche of Everett was also the manager of the refinery at the time. He felt a responsibility to the widows and orphans left behind after the explosion and wanted to hold a charity ball game to raise money for them. He also had a buddy down at Fenway Park by the name of Bill Carrigan, who happened to be the Red Sox manager. Carrigan had also played for the Sox with Babe Ruth early in both their careers: Ruth pitched, Carrigan played catcher —the battery, I think it's called. As the story goes, Carrigan was onside immediately. He volunteered 16 rookies and put a call in to his buddy Miller Huggins, manager of the Yankees, the team Ruth played for. He also offered Fenway Park as a venue, but Roche wanted to hold the game in Glendale Park, in Everett, as it was close to where most of the families lived. When Huggins let Ruth know about the game, he volunteered right away. So did Lou Gehrig, and Tony Lazzari, who ended up injured from a previous game and sat in the bleachers to watch. Also, several other players offered to sit in the stands and cheer the game on.

Carrigan and Huggins set the game for Thursday, August 9, 1928, almost 6 months to the day after the accident. The Yankees were coming to Boston that week and playing 4 games at Fenway. The plan was to wind up the game at Fenway in the afternoon (major league games were played in the afternoons in those days due to lighting), and bus both teams up to Glendale. Ruth, Gehrig and Carrigan played for the Everett team (The Knights of Columbus Blues) against 16 Boston Red Sox rookies.

New York Yankees superstars Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth.

The Red Sox won, she told me, but Ruth and Carrigan each hit a home run for the Everett team. The 15,000 people in attendance must have found it pretty entertaining. More important than the game's entertainment value, though, was the $10,000 that was raised, a huge amount back in those days. Here's Glenna again:

My grandmother got $1,000 and used it to buy a farm on Prince Edward Island where she was from and where she moved her family to after my grandfather died. My own father credits that ball game and Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig for helping his mother keep them together. He said without the money from the ball game they might have ended up separated among relatives, which was common in those days, or sent off to an orphanage.

Despite my odd sense of loss over Kirk's death, it's somewhat comforting to know that if he did indeed have a wife and kids, they probably got a little boost from the help provided by Gehrig, Ruth and the others. I don't know, of course. There's so much I don't know. No matter how much I uncover about my family, there's always so much I don't know about their personalities, their voices, their secrets, their hopes and dreams. I have to accept that what I'll never know is a vast ocean compared to what I can uncover. But I'll keep digging. Because I love a good mystery.

Kebenaran Islam Mengenai Kucing Sejak 1500 Tahun Yang Lalu

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 11:02 AM PDT

Nabi menekankan di dalam beberapa hadisnya bahawa kucing itu tidaklah najis. Malah diperbolehkan untuk berwudhuk menggunakan air bekas minuman kucing.

Kenapa Rasulullah Saw berani mengatakan bahawa kucing tidak menjadi najis kepada manusia? Persoalannya, bagaimana Nabi mengetahui badan kucing tidak mempunyai najis? Jawapannya, kulit kucing mempunyai otot-otot yang berfungsi untuk melawan sel bakteria.

Otot kucing juga dapat menyesuaikan diri dengan sentuhan otot manusia. Pada permukaan lidah kucing pula dilapisi oleh berbagai benjolan kecil yang runcing, benjolan ini berbentuk bengkok mengucup seperti kikir atau gergaji. Bentuk ini sangat berguna untuk membersihkan kulit.

Ketika kucing minum, tidak ada setitis pun air yang akan jatuh dari lidahnya.

Sedangkan lidah kucing sendiri merupakan alat pembersih yang paling canggih, permukaannya yang kasar boleh membuang bulu-bulu mati dan membersihkan bulu-bulu yang tersisa di badannya.

Kajian Yang Dijalankan

Telah dilakukan berbagai penyelidikan terhadap kucing mengikut pelbagai perbezaan usia, posisi kulit, punggung, bahagian dalam tapak kaki, bibir, dan ekor. Pada bahagian-bahagian tersebut dilakukan pengambilan sampel melalui usapan. Di samping itu, kuman juga diletakkan pada bahagian-bahagian tertentu. Diambil juga cairan khusus (air liur) yang berada pada dinding dalam mulut dan lidahnya.

Hasil yang didapati selepas ujikaji adalah:

1. Hasil yang diambil dari kulit luar tidak mempunyai kuman, meskipun dilakukan berulang kali.

2. Tempat yang kuman sengaja diletakkan menunjukkan hasil negatif sekitar 80% (20% mempunyai kuman), jika dilihat dari air liurnya. Ini menunjukkan kucing dapat melawan kuman yang diberikan kepadanya.

3. Cairan yang diambil dari permukaan lidah juga menunjukkan ketidak hadiran kuman.

4. Hanya sekali kuman dijumpai semasa proses penyelidikan. Kuman ini termasuk dalam kumpulan kuman yang dianggap sebagai kuman biasa yang selalunya membiak dalam tubuh manusia dalam jumlah yang kecil seperti enterobacter, streptococcus, dan staphylococcus. Jumlahnya kurang dan membiak dalam lingkungan 50 ribu pertumbuhan.

5. Kajian tidak menemui jenis kuman yang beragam dan berbahaya. Perbagai sumber yang dipercayai dan hasil penyelidikan laboratorium menyimpulkan bahawa kucing tidak mempunyai kuman dan mikrobakteria. Air liurnya bersih dan boleh membersihkan seluruh badannya.

Ulasan para doktor yang bergiat dalam bidang kuman, Dr. George Maqshud, ketua laboratorium di Klinik Haiwan Baitharah, jarang sekali ditemui kehadiran kuman pada lidah kucing. Jika mempunyai kuman, itu menunjukkan kucing itu akan atau sedang sakit.

Selain itu, Dr. Gen Gustafsirl menemui kuman yang banyak pada anjing, manusia 25% dari anjing, kucing mempunyai separuh kuman dari manusia. Doktor haiwan di klinik haiwan Damaskus, Said Rafah menegaskan bahawa kucing mempunyai peranti pembersih yang bernama lysozyme.

Kucing tidak menyukai air kerana air merupakan tempat yang sangat subur dalam pertumbuhan bakteria. Kucing juga sangat menjaga kestabilan suhu tubuhnya.

Jika diperhatikan, kucing tidak banyak berjemur dan tidak suka mendekati air.

Tujuannya agar bakteria tidak berpindah kepadanya. Inilah yang menjadi faktor yang membuatkan kuman tidak ada pada tubuh kucing.

Hadith-Hadith Mengenai Kucing

Kabsyah binti Kab bin Malik menceritakan bahawa Abu Qatadah, mertua Kabsyah masuk ke rumahnya lalu ia menuangkan air untuk wudhuk. Pada masa itu datang seekor kucing yang ingin minum. Lantas ia menuangkan air di bekas untuk kucing itu minum. Kabsyah berkata, "Perhatikanlah". Abu Qatadah berkata, "Apakah kamu hairan?" Kabsyah menjawab, "Ya". Lalu Abu Qatadah berkata bahawa Nabi SAW pernah bersabda, Kucing itu tidak najis. Kucing binatang yang suka berkeliling di rumah (binatang rumahan), (HR At-Tirmidzi, An-Nasai, Abu Dawud, dan Ibnu Majah).

Diriwayatkan Ali bin Al-Hasan dan Anas menceritakan bahawa Nabi Saw pergi ke Bathhan suatu daerah di Madinah. Lalu beliau berkata, "Ya Anas, tuangkan air wudhuk untukku ke dalam bekas". Lalu Anas menuangkan air. Ketika sudah selesai, Nabi menuju bejana. Namun terdapat seekor kucing datang dan menjilati bekas air tersebut. Melihat kejadian itu, Nabi berhenti sehinggakan kucing tersebut berhenti minum lalu Rasulullah berwudhuk. Nabi ditanya mengenai kejadian tersebut, beliau menjawab, "Ya Anas, kucing termasuk perhiasan rumah tangga, ia tidak dikotori sesuatu, malah tidak ada najis."

Diriwayatkan dari Dawud bin Shalih At-Tammar dan ibunya yang menerangkan bahawa hambanya memberikan Aisyah semangkuk bubur. Namun ketika ia sampai di rumah Aisyah, tenyata Aisyah sedang solat. Lalu ia memberikan isyarat untuk menyimpannya. Sayangnya setelah Aisyah selesai mendirikan solat, ia lupa adanya bubur. Datanglah seekor kucing lalu memakan sedikit bubur tersebut. Ketika Aisyah melihat bubur tersebut dimakan kucing, Aisyah lalu membersihkan bahagian yang disentuh kucing dan Aisyah memakannya. Rasulullah Saw bersabda, "Ia tidak najis. Ia binatang yang berkeliling". Aisyah pernah melihat Rasulullah Saw berwudhuk dari sisa bekas jilatan kucing, (HR AlBaihaqi, Abd Al-Razzaq, dan Al-Daruquthni).

Kalaulah bukan dari wahyu Allah tentulah Rasulullah Saw tidak akan berani mengatakan bahawa kucing itu bersih. Segala sesuatu yang baru ditemui oleh para ilmuwan pada zaman moden ini, telah diketahui ilmunya oleh Rasul Kita Muhammad saw sejak 1500 tahun yang lalu.


Ulasan GB

Jangan menyakiti makhluk seperti kucing apatah menyiksanya seperti kisah ini:

[Sedih] Kisah Kucing Dipotong Kakinya Kerana Mencuri Ikan - Video Di dalam

You don't support the opposition. I too don't support!.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 08:44 AM PDT

Adelyn Yeoh's opinion piece, 'I don't support the oppostion', is at the top of the 'Most Read' of The Malaysian Insider.

Though I do not fully agree with the article, I too, like its author, am 'pro opposition' at the moment.

Reason being, as the writer said, "I support the best party, which happens to be the opposition at this particular time."

What's wrong with Bersih being dragged into looking political due to the conduct of opposition supporters during the rally and the overwhelming presence of opposition leaders? After all, the opposition leaders and supporters happen to be the rakyat too. So are leaders and supporters of the ruling coalition.

In fact, Bersih is good for both sides of political divide as Ambiga had said before that:

Bersih 2.0 good for BN too

Trailer: philosophy, history, politics lecture

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 07:42 AM PDT

The Sky Is The Limit

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 06:40 AM PDT

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. The diagnostic criteria require that symptoms become apparent before a child is three years old.

Autism affects information processing in the brain by altering how nerve cells and their synapses connect and organize; how this occurs is not well understood.

 It is one of three recognized disorders in the autism spectrum (ASDs), the other two being Asperger syndrome, which lacks delays in cognitive development and language, and pervasive developmental disorder, not otherwise specified (commonly abbreviated as PDD-NOS), which is diagnosed when the full set of criteria for autism or Asperger syndrome are not met.

Parents usually notice signs in the first two years of their child's life. The signs usually develop gradually, but some autistic children first develop more normally and then regress. Early behavioral or cognitive intervention can help autistic children gain self-care, social, and communication skills. Although there is no known cure, there have been reported cases of children who recovered. Not many children with autism live independently after reaching adulthood, though some become successful. An autistic culture has developed, with some individuals seeking a cure and others believing autism should be accepted as a difference and not treated as a disorder. READ MORE HERE.

Even though autistic children are highly intelligent and loving, it is not easy to have a child or a member of the family who is autistic. Four of my friends have autistic children and I am aware of the challenges they face everyday. I salute their deep love for their children  and the way they have patiently given them nothing but the best of their love and resources. One of them is my ex-colleague whose sons are autistic. Another one is a former student who also has two autistic kids. The other two are blog readers who each has an autistic son.

This post and the following video is dedicated to them. May the sky be the limit as they endeavour to take care and to bring up their children in the best way possible.

May following video about the life of Jason McElwain inspire each one of us to be more than who we are today! Jason is an autistic teen who was chosen to manage his high school basketball team because of his unending enthusiasm. You've just got to watch where his enthusiasm took him... and the rest of us! In the video, Jason said, "the sky's the limit"; "give all the effort that you can to your dream"; and "never give up". Awesome!

Take care and God bless you all!


The Power of a Dream Changes Lives!

According to Wikipedia:

Jason McElwain was born on October 1, 1987 to David and Debbie McElwain, and was diagnosed with autism at a young age. Jason and his family lived in Greece, New York, a suburb of Rochester, New York.

He initially struggled when interacting with other children, but began to develop social skills as he grew older.Although he was placed in special education classes,[3] McElwain enjoyed basketball, to which he was introduced by his older brother Josh, and was appointed manager of Greece Athena High School's varsity basketball team. For the Greece Athena's 2005-2006 basketball season, the 17-year-old McElwain was a senior and slated to graduate in the spring, but he was unable to graduate.

February 15, 2006 basketball game

Greece Athena High School basketball coach Jim Johnson decided to add McElwain to the roster for the team's February 15 game against Spencerport High School, so McElwain could be given a jersey and sit on the bench for the team's last home game of the season, and allow McElwain to play a few minutes if Greece Athena got a comfortable lead. With four minutes left in the game, Greece Athena had a double-digit lead, so Johnson decided let McElwain play out the last minutes of the game.[6] When teammates first passed the ball to McElwain he attempted a three-point shot and missed. McElwain got a second chance to score with a lay-up which he also missed. McElwain then got "hot as a pistol", shooting six three-pointers and one two-point shot, before the game ended. The final score was Greece Athena 79, Spencerport 43. As soon as the final buzzer rang, fans from the stands stormed the court in celebration.


Teacher Andy McCormack was in the audience that night to see the game. McCormack was Jason's Speech/Language Pathologist throughout high school, and Jason had asked his Grandma to be there that night. Local news stations picked up on it and followed suit by the next day, and within days the tape reached a national audience. McCormack continued to support Jason over the next few months in school, helping coin alternative language expressions to his now-famous "hot as a pistol" phrase and helping him construct an introduction speech when Magic Johnson came to Johns Hopkins lacrosse to speak to the student body.

In his hometown of Greece, New York, McElwain quickly became a celebrity. The family's home phone was always ringing, and when the McElwains went out for a meal, a group of fans ran into the family, praising Jason.


Anwar Ibrahim Menang Kes Saman Nallakaruppan

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 08:34 AM PDT

Anwar Ibrahim menang kes saman fitnah yang dibawa Ketua Pembangkang itu ke atas bekas rakan sukan tenisnya, Nallakaruppan a/l Solaimalai berhubung kenyataan kononnya menerima wang sebanyak RM60 juta.

Satu kenyataan dikeluarkan hari ini menyebut, Mahkamah Tinggi Kuala Lumpur membuat keputusan memihak kepada Anwar petang ini.

Pada 26 Mac lalu, Anwar Ibrahim telah memfailkan saman RM100 juta terhadap bekas pembantunya yang juga Presiden Parti Kebangsaan India Malaysia (MUIP), S Nallakaruppan dan akhbar Utusan Meloya.

Saman tersebut dibuat di Mahkamah Tinggi Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Duta oleh ahli parlimen Subang yang juga peguam Anwar, Sivarasa Rasiah.

Saman itu difailkan di pejabat Pendaftar Mahkamah Tinggi Sivil di sini melalui syarikat guaman Tetuan Daim & Gamany.

Selain menamakan Nallakaruppan sebagai defendan pertama, Anwar juga menamakan Utusan Melayu (Malaysia) Bhd sebagai defendan kedua dan Ketua Pengarang Kumpulan Utusan Meloya Datuk Abdul Aziz Ishak sebagai defendan ketiga.

Dalam saman pemulanya, beliau mendakwa perkataaan-perkataan fitnah seperti yang dinyatakan di dalam laporan itu adalah palsu, tidak berasas dan disiarkan dengan niat jahat untuk memburukkan dan mencemarkan reputasinya sebagai ketua pembangkang serta sebagai seorang ahli politik.

Anwar menuntut ganti rugi am sebanyak RM100 juta, ganti rugi teruk, ganti rugi teladan, kos dan relif lain yang difikirkan sesuai oleh mahkamah.

Beliau memohon satu injunksi bagi menghalang semua defendan dan ejen mereka daripada terus menyatakan atau menerbitkan perkataan-perkataan berunsurkan fitnah.

Selepas tempoh 48 jam yang diberikan untuk menarik balik artikel yang diterbitkan oleh akhbar itu pada 20 Mac tamat, Anwar mengarahkan para peguamnya supaya meneruskan saman terhadap kedua-dua defendan.

Nallakaruppan dalam kenyataannya mencabar Anwar supaya mengheretnya ke mahkamah kununnya untuk membuktikan bahawa Anwar seorang pengamal biseksual (dua jenis) dan disiarkan di Utusan pada keesokannya.

Utusan pula yang berdepan dengan pelbagai tuntutan saman tidak dapat memberikan ulasan setelah dimaklumkan sebentar tadi.

Nallakaruppan mendakwa pernah melihat Anwar mengadakan hubungan seks dengan pelacur tetapi tidak dapat memberikan bukti kukuh serta hanya berdasarkan keterangan mulut dan percakapan yang dibuat oleh seorang lagi bekas pembantu Anwar, Ezam Mohd Noor dan Ummi Hafilda.

Ini sekaligus mematikan fitnah ahli parlimen Bayan Baru, Zahrain Mohamed Hashim yang menuduh Anwar tidak akan berani menyaman Nalla kerana takut rahsia terbongkar.

Ini kenyataan Zahrain yang dipetik Utusan:

Nallakaruppan tidak akan disaman

KUALA LUMPUR 25 Mac - Ahli Parlimen Bayan Baru, Datuk Seri Zahrain Mohamed Hashim hari ini mempertikaikan tindakan Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim yang sebelum ini tidak menyaman Karpal Singh walaupun Pengerusi DAP itu pernah mendakwa beliau sebagai peliwat.

Katanya, sewaktu tuduhan tersebut dibuat, Anwar masih lagi bersama kerajaan dan beliau langsung tidak mengambil tindakan undang-undang untuk mempertahankan dirinya.

Sehubungan itu, Zahrain menuntut penjelasan Ketua Pembangkang itu mengenai tindakannya menghantar notis kepada Ahli Dewan Negara, Datuk S. Nallakaruppan berhubung dakwaan beliau seorang biseksual.

"Semasa Anwar bersama kerajaan dulu, Karpal pernah membuat dakwaan bahawa beliau seorang peliwat dan mempunyai bukti kukuh, tetapi Anwar tidak pula mengambil sebarang tindakan undang-undang sehinggalah hari ini.

Tetapi yang membuatkan isu ini lebih kelakar adalah kenyataan Zahrain sendiri yang menuduh saman Anwar hanyalah saman politik dan bukannya sama untuk membersihkan namanya.

Apakah selepas ini Nalla akan menyaman Zahrain kerana Zahrain tidak mahu Nalla menyaman Anwar?

Kita akan saksikan sendiri beranikah Nalla tampil ke mahkamah dan "menunjukkan bukti kukuh" yang sebenarnya hanya direka-reka umpama video Datuk T yang kini muncul semula setelah hampir 65 peratus rakyat Malaysia tidak langsung percaya!

Brandenburg Concertos on period instruments

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:26 AM PDT

I had been waiting 15 days for this package and it arrived through the post today. The sounding of the horn by the Pos Malaysia's deliveryman brought me running downstairs. And once it was in my hands, I lost no time in ripping it open to unveil my latest acquisitions through ebay: two vinyl records of Trevor Pinnock's recording of the six Brandenburg Concertos played on period instruments.

The record surfaces looked clean enough but nevertheless, I had to put through my regular wash process before I attempted to play them.

So here they are, on my turntable. I've played through all four sides of the two records and I must say that it was an absolutely heavenly sound. The faintest touch of the harpsichord came through clearly. There were almost no pop or crackle but I would be untruthful if I were to say that there was absolutely none. There were, but they were hardly noticeable. That's the quality of  the near-mint records I bought.

Side One: Concerto No. 1 BWV 1046 in F major
Side Two: Concerto No. 2 BWV 1047 in F major, Concerto No. 3 BWV 1048 in G major 

Side One: Concerto No. 5 BWV 1050 in D major
Side Two: Concerto No, 4 BWV 1049 in G major, Concerto No. 6 BWV 1051 in B flat major

Kedudukan Isa Sebagai Pengerusi & Ahli KPF Dibekukan Sementara

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 06:13 AM PDT

Nahkamah Tinggi di Kuala Lumpur telah membekukan sementara pelantikan Tan Sri Isa Abdul Samad sebagai pengerusi Koperasi Permodalan Felda (KPF) dan keahliannya dalam koperasi tersebut.

Hakim Abang Iskandar Abang Hashim berkata terdapat merit untuk membenarkan empat peneroka Felda mencabar keahlian Isa dan sebagai pengerusi KPF.

Hakim Datuk Abang Iskandar juga menolak semua bantahan awal yang dibangkitkan oleh Peguam Kanan Persekutuan Shamsul Bolhassan, kata peguam peneroka berkenaan, Mohamed Hanipa Maidin kepada pemberita.

Oleh itu, keputusan dalam kamar hari ini membenarkan pembekuan sementara terhadap keahlian Isa dalam KPF dan kedudukannya sebagai pengerusi.

"Jadi ada mesyuarat esok dan Isa tak boleh hadir," kata Hanipa kepada pemberita selepas muncul dari kamar hakim. [Baca berita penuh]

Sementara itu, Bernama melaporkan, Hanipa Maidin mewakili pemohon Abdul Talib Ali, Abdul Mubin Abdul Rahman, Abdul Razak Mohammad dan Muhamad Noor Atan manakala Peguam Kanan Persekutuan Shamsul Bolhassan mewakili responden iaitu Panel Pertikaian Suruhanjaya Koperasi Malaysia (SKM), SKM, dan KPF.

Katanya, mahkamah juga membenarkan permohonan pemohon untuk mendapatkan perintah sementara bagi menggantung status keanggotaan dan pemilihan Mohd Isa dalam KPF di bawah Seksyen 36(1)(b) Undang-Undang Kecil KPF, bagi tujuan pengesahan mesyuarat agung perwakilan KPF yang akan diadakan pada 20 Jun ini dan juga sehingga keputusan penuh semakan kehakiman.

Hanipa berkata antara alasan yang dikemukakan Pejabat Peguam Negara itu ialah peneroka Felda bukanlah pihak yang terjejas dengan keputusan responden dan mereka juga tidak ada 'locus standi' untuk menfailkan saman itu dan isu itu bukan melibatkan undang-undang awam.

"Tarikh untuk pendengaran penuh semakan kehakiman belum ditetapkan oleh mahkamah," katanya.

Pada 12 Jun lepas, keempat-empat peneroka itu menfailkan permohonan itu bagi memohon deklarasi bahawa keputusan responden pertama dan kedua iaitu Panel Pertikaian SKM, SKM, bertarikh 23 Mei lepas, yang mengekalkan keanggotaan Mohd Isa adalah tidak sah, terbatal dan tidak mempunyai apa-apa kesan.

Mereka juga memohon mahkamah membatalkan keputusan itu dan perintah 'mandamus' supaya KPF membatalkan keanggotaan Mohd Isa dalam KPF.

Mereka juga memohon perintah sementara bagi menggantung status keanggotaan dan pemilihan Mohd Isa dalam KPF.

Pemohon mendakwa berdasarkan Peraturan 11(1)(c) yang dibaca bersama Peraturan 2 Undang-Undang Kecil KPF, Mohd Isa tidak layak menganggotai KPF kerana beliau bukan kakitangan yang dilantik secara tetap oleh Felda.

Mereka berkata Mohd Isa adalah pengerusi Felda yang dilantik secara kontrak dan seorang Anggota Dewan Undangan Negeri Bagan Pinang, Negeri Sembilan. -mk


Isa's membership in Felda illegal: Why then is he Felda chairman?

This whole episode is related to Umno's survival in the next general election, observes P Ramakrishnan. They have to take control of KPF by whatever means it takes to exert their authority over the Felda settlers.

The Malaysian Cooperative Societies Commission (MCCC) has become the laughing stock of the nation by coming up with a ridiculous decision that defies logic and makes nonsense of common sense.

It absurdly ruled that even though the approval of Isa Samad's application as a member of Koperasi Permodalan Felda (KPF) had gone against the by-law of KPF, Isa's membership nevertheless remained intact (Malaysiakini, 31 May 2012). The MCCC made this outrageous conclusion on 23 May in response to an application by 16 Felda settlers challenging Isa's illegal membership in KFP.

This controversial decision shocked and dismayed Malaysians who are simply flabbergasted that the three- man MCCC panel sitting in judgment could arrive at this ridiculous decision.

Though they conceded that Samad's membership approval went against the by-laws of KPF, they feinted helplessness to right this wrong claiming that there was no provision to cancel his membership.

This is nonsensical logic! According to the Cooperative rules and regulations, Section 43 only confers membership to Felda settlers, their families and Felda permanent employees. Under this section, Isa did not qualify to become a member of KPF. He was never a settler or a family member of a settler or a permanent employee in Felda. By no stretch of the imagination could he qualify as a member.

You don't need a special provision under the by-law to disqualify his membership or remove him as Chairman of KPF.

The Board of Directors did not have the authority to approve his membership. Under the circumstance, Isa's illegal membership simply lapses. End of story!

Alternately, the Board of Directors could convene a Board Meeting and rescind their earlier illegal decision to put matters right. That would have nullified Isa's membership for good.

But why was this not done?

This whole episode is related to Umno's survival in the next general election. They have to take control of KPF by whatever means it takes to exert their authority over the Felda settlers.

This was why the Prime Minister, who is the Umno President, announced on 8 May 2012 a windfall of RM15,000 to each household to win support for the listing of Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhd (FGVH). This was nothing but outright bribery.

But why choose Isa to ride roughshod over the objections of settlers?

Is it because he has a history of winning over support through corrupt means? Don't we remember that he was found guilty in June 2005 on seven corrupt charges of money politics and vote-buying in the 2004 Umno elections? The charges were very serious: he was accused of having:

1) Allowed his political secretary Mohd Salim Sharif to pay RM300 to each delegate from the Telok Kemang division to the Umno General Assembly on or about September 2004;

2) Allowed his agents to pay various amounts of money to delegates from the Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lipis and Bentong divisons to the Umno General Assembly on 11 September 11.

3) Allowed his agents to pay RM1,000 each to delegates to the Umno General Assembly at the Crown Princess Hotel at 11.00pm on 22 September and the morning of 23 September.

4) Permitted his agents to pay RM1,000 each to delegates to the Umno General Assembly at or about 1.00am on 23 September at the Pan Pacific Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.

5) Allowed his agents to pay various sums of money to Sabah delegates to the Umno General Assembly at about 1.00am on 23 September at the Legend Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.

6) Allowed his agents to pay RM300 to Sabah Umno delegates at the Tanjung Aru Golf Club and the 'Kandarah" Court, both of which are in Sabah in early September.

7) Allowed his agents to pay RM300 to Kedah Umno delegates at Holiday Villa Hotel, Alor Star and Kelab Cinta Sayang, Sungai Petani around two to three weeks before the 2004 Umno General Assembly.

He was suspended for six years and compelled to give up all his positions in Umno including that of Vice-President of Umno.
But some think that Isa occupies a favoured position in the hierarchy and it seems a valid point.

His suspension was later reduced to three years, subsequently paving the way for him to contest the Bagan Pinang by-election in September 2009.

But, corruption, it seems, has never been a serious issue with Umno.

Even Tun Dr Mahathir was apprehensive and had reservations about Isa's candidacy. "Don't nominate Isa Samad as candidate," he pleaded.

"Tan Sri Isa has already been found guilty. If Umno fields him, it means that Umno is not serious about such cases. Even if he can win there, (we) have to consider what the whole of Malaysia thinks of Umno," Mahathir said.

But Umno wasn't bothered about what Malaysia think of Umno. The reality is what Umno thinks is the reality and what matters in Malaysia.

To drive home this fact, Isa was appointed as the Chairman of the Felda Land Development Authority (Felda) effective from 1 January 2011.

And with his illegal membership of KPF, the BN government has achieved its ultimate goal in the listing of Felda Global Ventures Holding (FGVH).

Why hasn't the Prime Minister commented on this scandalous episode of Isa's membership of KPF? Why hasn't the Attorney General said anything about this illegal conduct of the Board of KPF and the
ludicrous decision of the MCCC?

Isn't it strange that Tun Dr Mahathir, who was so concerned with the image of Umno, has nothing to say on this issue?

Let us be reminded of this wise saying, "Your religion is what you do when the sermon is over."

P Ramakrishnan is an executive committee member of Aliran

The Biggest Government Spender In World History

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 04:34 AM PDT

Guess who is the biggest government spender in world history....

According to Forbes:

The U.S. has never before had a President who thinks so little of the American people that he imagines he can win re-election running on the opposite of reality. But that is the reality of President Obama today.


Daw Aung San Suu Kyi VS Dr. Maung Zarni @ London School of Economics and Political Science

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:31 AM PDT

Myanmar Government need to ARREST all the RADICAL HARDLINERS immediately as HATE CRIMES continue today in Myanmar proper on Muslims

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 02:35 AM PDT

I got an unconfirmed message but it is reliable. Myanmar Government need to ARREST all the RADICAL HARDLINERS immediately. Need to a tackle the TOP LEADERS of this CRIMINAL INSTIGATORS. အသုတ္ျမိဳ႕အနီး တေဇာင္းရိုးေက်းရြာရိွ အစၥလာမ္ဘာသာဝင္မ်ား ပိုင္ဆိုင္သည့္ ပဲဂိုေဒါင္ မီးရႈိ႕ခံရ
… ယေန႔ မနက္ (၁၉ရက္ ဇြန္) ည သန္းေခါင္ေက်ာ္ ၁၂း၃၀ နာရီခန္႔တြင္ ဧရာဝတီတိုင္းၾကီး ေဒသ၊ ေရၾကည္ျမိဳ႕ႏွင့္ အသုတ္ျမိဳ႕ၾကား၊ တေဇာင္းရိုးေက်းရြာရိွ အစၥလာမ္ဘာသာဝင္မ်ားပိုင္ဆိုင္သည့္ ပဲဂိုေဒါင္မ်ားကို မ်က္ႏွာစိမ္း ဘုန္းၾကီး (၄) ပါးမွ လာေရာက္မီးရိႈ႕ခဲ့ေၾကာင္းသိရိွရသည္။
အဆိုပါမီးရိႈ႕ေလာင္မႈေၾကာင့္ တေဇာင္းရိုးေက်းရြာေန အစၥလာမ္ဘာသာဝင္ ဟာနစ္ဘိုင္ ပိုင္ဆိုင္ေသာ ပဲဂိုေဒါင္ တစ္လံုး၊ ေမာ္ေတာ္ဆိုင္ကယ္ (၁)စီးမွာ လံုးဝျပာက် ပ်က္စီးသြားေၾကာင္း သတင္း ရရိွသည္။
အခင္းျဖစ္ပြားရာသို႔ ေရၾကည္ျမိဳ႕ႏွင့္ အသုတ္ျမိဳ႕မွ မီးသတ္ကားမ်ား ေဒသခံျပည္သူမ်ား ဝိုင္းဝန္းမီးျငိမ္းသတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ မီးေလာင္မႈျဖစ္ပြားျပီး (၁) နာရီခန္္႔အၾကာ မီးျငိမ္းသြားေၾကာင္း သိရိွရသည္။ ဂိုေဒါင္ေစာင့္သည့္ ဝန္ထမ္းမွ မီးရိႈ႕ဖ်က္ဆီး သူမ်ားကို မည္သို႔မွေတာင္းပန္ တားဆီး၍မရေၾကာင္း သိရိွရပါသည္။ ဂိုေဒါင္ေစာင့္ၾကပ္သည့္ ဝန္ထမ္း၏ ေျပာၾကားခ်က္အရ အဆိုပါ ဘုန္္းၾကီး(၄) ပါးမွာ ၄င္းတို႔ ျမိဳ႕မွ မဟုတ္ေၾကာင္း၊ ၄င္းတို႔အေနျဖင့္ အနီးအနားျမိဳ႕မ်ားမွ ဘုန္းေတာ္ၾကီးမ်ားအားလံုးကို သိေၾကာင္း၊ ယခုမီးလာရိႈ႕သူမ်ားမွာ မ်က္ႏွာစိမ္းမ်ားျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း၊၊ မီးရိႈ႕ ျပီးသည္နွင့္ ထရပ္ကားတစ္စီးျဖင့္ ထြက္ေျပးသြားေၾကာင္း၊ ညအေမွာင္ျဖစ္ေသာေၾကာင့္ ကားနံပါတ္ကို ေသခ်ာစြာ မျမင္ရေၾကာင္း myanmarmuslim.net သို႔ ဖုန္းျဖင့္ ေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါသည္။
အခင္းျဖစ္ပြားရသို႔ ယေန႔မနက္ (၁၉ ရက္ ဇြန္)တြင္ ဧရာဝတီတိုင္းေဒသၾကီး တိုင္းမွဴးကိုယ္တိုင္လာေရာက္ၾကည့္ရႈ႕ စစ္ေဆးခဲ့ေၾကာင္း သတင္းရရိွပါသည္။
ေဒသခံမ်ား၏ ေျပာၾကားခ်က္အရ အဆိုပါေဒသ ဧရီယာ ငသိုင္းေခ်ာင္း၊ ေရၾကည္ ၊ အသုတ္ ေဒသမ်ားမွာ ဗုဒဘာသာဝင္မ်ားႏွင့္ အစၥလာမ္ ဘာသာဝင္မ်ားမွာ ေရွးယခင္ကတည္းက ခ်စ္ခင္ရင္းႏွီးစြာ ေနထိုင္ခဲ့ၾကျပီး မည္သည့္ ျပႆနာမွ မရိွခဲ့ၾကေၾကာင္းသိရပါသည္။

The exhibition, Family Day and the children’s further education…

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 01:48 AM PDT



I spent last Saturday morning at UniKL-RCMP, Ipoh, manning our exhibition booth during their Open Day. On Thursday I got a call from the organisers saying that all the booths are to be ready by 7.30 am, and we could start setting up our booths on Friday after 2 pm if we wanted to. I figured I might as well set up the booth on Friday so that we didn't have to rush on Saturday morning.

But when I got there at 3 pm, the organisers themselves weren't really ready yet. Yes, the tents were there but that was about it. So my colleague and I just put the posters on our exhibition boards and left our things under the tent. The organisers did say they hired extra security for the day.

Like it or not, on Saturday morning, I still had to leave home early. Promised the same colleague to meet up at the booth at 7.15 am so that we could get everything set up by 7.30 am. Again, when we went, the organisers themselves weren't ready. Our table was not set up yet, and I ended up carrying the board for the table myself from another tent. We still had to wait for the tablecloth from the organisers before we could start arranging our brochures, collar pins and key-chains on the table.

Turned out some participants only came after 8.30 am, and the official opening only started at 10 am. Duh!

My colleague had to go off by 9.30 am as she had to attend another function elsewhere, so I was manning the booth alone until the next shift of volunteers were supposed to come at 11.30 am. While waiting at the booth I decided to send text messages to my clients to inform them of the arrangements for our coming Family Day. Kak Mar called me back immediately. She said she may not be able to reach Ipoh by 8 am and asked if it was okay if she arrived a bit later, maybe by 8.30 am. I understand for some of them especially those staying quite far, it will not be easy to reach Ipoh by 8 am. But since the volunteer fetching Kak Mar, will head immediately to the venue of our Family Day in her car instead of joining the rest to assemble near our centre before boarding the bus, I suppose being a bit late for Kak Mar is okay since it will not affect the rest of the group.

Then Hana replied my SMS. She was in another state, sending her daughter to a private college offering UiTM courses. Hana did call me before seeking my opinion if her daughter should accept the offer (the college would arrange for PTPTN loans, but the registration fee of RM2,000 was to be arranged by the students themselves by seeking help from either Baitulmal or whatever state Yayasan). It had been a few times already that Hana's daughter had been getting offers from private colleges. I told Hana it was up to them to decide whether to accept or not, but I made it clear that our financial assistance for the children's education only covers up to secondary school… in case she starts asking us to help out with the registration fee etc.

Looks like they decided to take up the offer after all. I suppose she did manage to get help with the RM2K registration fee. So it's bye-bye form 6 for Hana's daughter.

On Sunday, as I had promised earlier, I went to visit Azlan, Sofie's son who got the offer to IKM. There's still a balance in his sponsorship account and so I used up the balance to buy postal orders worth RM350 which is required as registration fees when he reports on 25th June. Azlan wasn't home when I went to visit, he was working, so I passed whatever necessary to his Aunt Rozi. According to Rozi, Azlan had yet to start filling in the forms etc. Neither had he done his medical check-up nor opened up the required bank account. And he plans to work until Friday, 22nd June. Gosh! So when on earth is he going to do his medical check up, open up the bank account etc? Apparently, according to Rozi, he did take 2 days leave the week before. Supposedly, he should have done whatever that needed to be done. Rozi had to go to work (she will need to take leave when sending Azlan for registration on 25th and she has taken so many days leave already when Sofie had to be hospitalised and after Sofie's death), and since Azlan is big enough to do things for himself, she left it totally to Azlan.

But the 2 days he took leave was wasted doing nothing. Nope, no medical check up, no opening of bank account. In fact he hadn't even filled in a single thing in the form! I guess he thought there was still ample time. Or he expected his aunt to bring him around to do whatever necessary. Sigh…

I told Rozi to tell Azlan that it is by order of yours truly that Azlan must stop work immediately to settle whatever necessary before he goes to register for the 2 year course. I think by tomorrow I'd better check again to see if anything had been done at all.

Dua Orang Lagi Artis Pelakon Popular Akan Menyertai PAS

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:58 AM PDT

Umpama air yang turun dari lembah bukit, tak usah lah disekat atau dibuat empangan atau sebagainya, arus air tersebut tetap akan mengalir menuju ke bawah.

Begitu jugalah dengan Syiar Islam yang telah dilaksanakan Oleh pimpinan-pimpinan PAS, apa yang pimpinan UMNO dok buat tohmahan kepada PAS, kepada TG Nik Aziz, namun,, perasaan yang ada dalam tubuh badan manusia tak ada sesiapa yang mampu menahannya...

Semakin hari ada saja yang mengistiharkan nak menjadi ahli PAS,, alhamdulillah... Syukur kepada mu Ya Allah,, engkaulah yang membolak balik hati dan perasaan hamba-hamba mu... -manjongmari

Perbincangan tidak rasmi Hairie Othman bersama Dato' Mahfuz Omar, hadir sama Zulkifli Ismail.

Laporan sebelum ini
klik untuk baca

3 Unique Veggies That Fight Abdominal Fat?

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:19 AM PDT

A surprising way that a few specific vegetables can actually stimulate the burning of abdominal fat… article by Mike Geary, Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Nutrition Specialist Author — The Truth about Six Pack Abs I bet you didn't know that there is a specific class of vegetables that contain very unique phytonutrients that actually help to fight against stubborn belly fat. Let me

Download Flight Simulator Games To Play

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:17 AM PDT

If you are like me, you have a bunch of CDs for your computer software that, once they are loaded, you have thrown into a box or a drawer. When you need to find one, it is either buried at the bottom or it is scratched and not usable. Instead of buying a CD for flight simulation, try a flight simulator download to eliminate a lot of hassle. Another huge bonus with a flight simulator download is

Drop Shipping Business

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:16 AM PDT

A drop shipping business is a great way to make money online without a big up front investment. Drop shipping allows anyone to sell products online without the need for employees, a warehouse, or inventory costs. It's a great low risk business opportunity for any entrepreneur. Drop shipping has made business ownership a possiblity for anyone, no matter how small your startup budget. On the other

How to Find an Email Header

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:16 AM PDT

  It can be very scary to receive harassing or threatening email in your inbox. Anyone who has been targeted by this type of email knows that it can be extremely upsetting- especially since you generally don't know the identity of the person behind it. Is this a real threat? Is this some kid who thinks it's a funny prank? Does this person know me, who I am, where I live? These types of questions

How To Get Free Shed Plans and Blueprints

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:16 AM PDT

  If you are planning on building a garden or storage shed you will need some type of plan. It doesn't matter if you are a novice or a pro, you need guidelines. There are many sources to obtain free shed blueprints and plans. If you are a novice and the word blueprint scares you, relax. These are simple detailed drawings that show everything that you are going to need to know to build your shed.

How Can Jala Neti Technique Treat Your Asthma

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:16 AM PDT

Daily life for those suffering of asthma is certainly very difficult form that of a healthy person. They have to constantly carry their medicine with them so that they always have them at hand, they must limit their physical activities for fear of not being struck by another asthma attack and must be constantly live with that insecurity feeling in their hearts. For these persons, being able

Check Your New Friends

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:16 AM PDT

  Moving to a new area can be daunting, especially when you are faced with the prospect of having to establish new relationships and friendships. In a perfect world, you would be able to trust that everyone you meet is honest and forthcoming about their backgrounds and life experiences. However, a large number of people do have a secret or two that they intentionally hide from the people that

No comments: