Wednesday, August 8, 2012

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts


糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 09:24 AM PDT

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

糖百府港式甜品 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts – Went to Paradigm Mall today after class as I have a long break in between the next class and tried the Hong Kong desserts shop – Tong Pak Fu. This one is the real desserts franchise from Hong Kong, not to be confuse with the Penang-made Snowman Tang Bo Fu.

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

There's various outlet of Tong Pak Fu in Malaysia, you can find it in Suria KLCC, Empire Shopping Gallery, Paradigm Mall and soon opening in Penang too! Tong Pak Fu serves a variety of Hong Kong desserts like Mango desserts, sesame paste, walnut paste, beverages and more icy desserts. There's curry fish ball too!

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

We were really too free and spent about an hour plus at there. Taylor's U is kinda stupid lately because they arranged my timetable in a poor manner. We have an hour class in the morning and in between we have about 6 hours break. What to do? Eat Tong Pak Fu. Check out the desserts that we have ordered.

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

Mango Fluffy Ice Series. RM8.80 for regular, the ice is very nice, love the pop eggs too, but not the tasteless Nata de Coco. It would be better with real mango cube. But overall, acceptable. =D

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

Horlicks Fluffy Ice Series. RM11.80 for Large. Pretty nice with grass jelly topping and the taste of horlicks in the ice is very strong. Good for horlicks fans. 

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

Red Bean Paste. RM4.80. According to my friend Jia Hui, she said this is not good. The taste is weird and too saturated.

糖百府 Tong Pak Fu Hong Kong Desserts

Sesame Ball. RM5.80. Basically, this is plain glutinous rice ball tang yuan with sesame topping. It would be awesome if there's filling inside.

Well, I have got to say they are so-so only, the pictures in the menu do indeed look awesome, but taste wise is just normal. I would prefer Hui Lau Shan for mango and KTZ for sesame paste. =D However, the fluffy ice is very cool here.

Tong Pak Fu @ Paradigm Mall

Lot UG-K01,
Upper Ground Floor,
Paradigm Mall,
No 1 Jalan SS7/26A,
Kelana Jaya,
47301 PJ.

Business Hours: 10am-10pm

Email: paradigm@tongpakfu.com.my

Telephone: +603-78860556

Fax: +603-78860556


View Shiok Or Not : Food Map in a larger map


When The Eyes Doth See

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 10:18 AM PDT

Bob Richards, the former pole-vault champion, shares a moving story about a skinny young boy who loved football with all his heart. Practice after practice, he eagerly gave everything he had. But being half the size of the other boys, he got absolutely nowhere. At all the games, this hopeful athlete sat on the bench and hardly ever played. This teenager lived alone with his father, and the two of them had a very special relationship.

Even though the son was always on the bench, his father was always in the stands cheering. He never missed a game. This young man was still the smallest of the class when he entered high school. But his father continued to encourage him but also made it very clear that he did not have to play football if he didn't want to. But the young man loved football and decided to hang in there. He was determined to try his best at every practice, and perhaps he'd get to play when he became a senior.

All through high school he never missed a practice nor a game but remained a bench-warmer all four years. His faithful father was always in the stands, always with words of encouragement for him.

When the young man went to college, he decided to try out for the football team as a "walk-on." Everyone was sure he could never make the cut, but he did. The coach admitted that he kept him on the roster because he always puts his heart and soul to every practice, and at the same time, provided the other members with the spirit and hustle they badly needed.

The news that he had survived the cut thrilled him so much that he rushed to the nearest phone and called his father. His father shared his excitement and was sent season tickets for all the college games. This persistent young athlete never missed practice during his four years at college, but he never got to play in a game.

It was the end of his senior football season, and as he trotted onto the practice field shortly before the big playoff game, the coach met him with a telegram. The young man read the telegram and he became deathly silent.

Swallowing hard, he mumbled to the coach, "My father died this morning. Is it all right if I miss practice today?" The coach put his arm gently around his shoulder and said, "Take the rest of the week off, son. And don't even plan to come back to the game on Saturday."

Saturday arrived, and the game was not going well. In the third quarter, when the team was ten points behind, a silent young man quietly slipped into the empty locker room and put on his football gear. As he ran onto the sidelines, the coach and his players were astounded to see their faithful teammate back so soon. "Coach, please let me play. I've just got to play today," said the young man. The coach pretended not to hear him. There was no way he wanted is worst player in this close playoff game.

But the young man persisted, and finally feeling sorry for the kid, the coach gave in. "All right," he said. "You can go in." Before long, the coach, the players and everyone in the stands could not believe their eyes. This little unknown, who had never played before was doing everything right. The opposing team could not stop him. He ran, he passed, blocked, and tackled like a star.

His team began to triumph. The score was soon tied. In the closing seconds of the game, this kid intercepted a pass and ran all the way for the winning touchdown. The fans broke loose. His teammates hoisted him onto their shoulders. Such cheering you never heard.

Finally, after the stands had emptied and the team had showered and left the locker room, the coach noticed that this young man was sitting quietly in the corner all alone. The coach came to him and said, "Kid, I can't believe it. You were fantastic! Tell me what got into you? How did you do it?"

He looked at the coach, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Well, you knew my dad died, but did you know that my dad was blind?" The young man swallowed hard and forced a smile, "Dad came to all my games, but today was the first time he could see me play, and I wanted to show him I could do it!"

*This particular story moved me deeply and I hope it did the same for you. I know I am a sentimental person but till today, I always hope that my parents, wherever they may be, can see the achievements or even failures in my life and that of my family. Without them, there wouldn't be me....


ramadhan 2012

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 09:38 AM PDT

Awesome iftar and sharing session with kesayangans.


I am blessed with lovely people around me. Alhamdulillah.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4


Umno mudah lupa. Umno parti haram, 'makan babi'!

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 08:33 AM PDT

"MAKAN RASUAH MACAM MAKAN BABI"-DR Mahathir

Mantan PM , Tun Mahathir ketika mengulas isu pindaan perlembagaan Umno yang benarkan 60,000 ahli dibenarkan pilih pemimpin dalam pindaan perlembagaan Umno akan datang berkata, tujuannya untuk bendung gejala rasuah yang berakar umbi dalam parti itu sejak turun temurun. Kata beliau seperti yang dipetik daripada mStar online-"JANGAN TERIMA RASUAH, ITU ADALAH SATU PERKARA BESAR, ANDA MAKAN DUIT HARAM MACAM MAKAN BABI.BAGI SAYA ORANG YANG MAKAN DUIT RASUAH, BELI APAPUN IA JADI HARAM, KALAU DIA BELI MAKAN, DIA MACAM MAKAN BABI"

Sewaktu pemilihan pucuk pimpinan Umno yang lalu. Ketua Menteri Melaka, Ali Rustam yang bertanding jawatan Timbalan Presiden umno telah didapati bersalah amalkan politik wang oleh Lembaga Disiplin Umno. Beliau telah dibatalkan pencalonannya untuk kerusi Timbalan Presiden Umno. Begitu juga dengan Khairy Jamaludin juga didapati bersalah oleh Lembaga Disiplin Umno, tapi hanya diberikan amaran saja.Bagaimana pun kesalahan pemimpin Umno yang amalkan rasuah hanya salah pada Lembaga Disiplin Umno, mereka jadi kebal daripada tindakan SPRM, mereka tidak didakwa oleh mana-mana mahkamah.

PM Najib yang turut dituduh terlibat dengan pembelian kapal selam Scorpene juga tidak disiasat oleh SPRM. Aku sokong kenyataan Tun Mahathir mengenai rasuah walaupun beliau dah kembali jadi ahli Umno, kerana kenyataan seperti itu patut jadi tauladan kepada mana-mana pihak tanpa mengira fahaman politik, termasuklah kepada anak beliau yang sekarang ini jadi Timbalan Menteri di MITI.

Rasuah ni tak kenal tok lebai atau pak aji, menteri atau exco, Umno-Bn ataupun Pakatan Rakyat. Kalau duit berlonggok depan mata iman boleh goyang kecuali yang bertakwa kepada Allah. Tindakan Ketua Menteri Pulau Pinang yang tawarkan ganjaran kepada sesiapa yang dapat cungkil dan tangkap perasuah untuk didakwa di mahkamah harus dipuji walaupun beliau bukan seorang Islam. Ini tidak berlaku semasa parti Gerakan perintah Pulau Pinang. Kepada Pas dan pimpinannya jangan cuba-cuba nak mendekati rasuah yang dikutuk Allah itu , hidup anda tak akan selamat. Contohilah gaya hidup TGNA dan TGHA yang rumah mereka adalah rumah biasa yang tak bernilai ratusan ribu dan jutaan ringgit.


Oh What A Day!

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 08:18 AM PDT

It has been such a horrible day today and it is only now that I finally managed to get online. My area had a power outage from 10.40a.m. till 4.10p.m. so you can imagine the withdrawal symptoms I had today.

Unfortunately, I forgot to charge my handphone and could not use my 3G to surf the net as I had to conserve my battery for emergencies. Thankfully, I managed to put up one post this afternoon at 1p.m.

What was most infuriating was the inefficiency and poor communication of the Tenaga Nasional Staff.

Once the power was cut, I called TNB @ 15454 FOUR TIMES and was given a different story each time.

The first call I made was at 10.45 a.m. to Ms L from the TNB in Pahang who told me that it was highly probable that mine was the ONLY house that had a power outage since there was no one else who called. I told her that I called her within seconds when the power went off. Then I asked her to let me know the progress report. I gave her my MOBILE number and told her I would leave to buy lunch since there was no way I could cook. Most intelligently, she said that she would not be able to call me when the electricians arrived to check the wiring in my house. I reminded her that:

a) I had given her my MOBILE number and she could call me when the electricians arrive. Besides, I was going to the shops near my home so I would be able to reach home in a jiffy.

b) I reminded her that mine was NOT the only home that had a power cut.

Ten minutes later, I called again. This time I spoke to a Cik S. N. A. also from Pahang and she ticked me off for calling back so quickly. Fine. Then I asked her to call me back (as I had done with other customer care officers in the past). Her response : Sorry - if you want to know, please call back after ONE HOUR. Fine.

I called a third time and spoke to Cik A who said that the technicians were attending to the problem and power would be restored within three hours.

An hour later, a TNB pick-up truck drove up to my house and the technicians said they had to check my meter as mine was the only house that did not have electricity.

I told them that mine was NOT the only house and by then, the neighbour opposite my home came out and she confirmed that she too did not have any power supply.

The technician then called a number and then told us that the power supply would be restored by 7p.m. the latest as they were doing maintenance works. Then he asked why I did not refer to the notice given and why I said my home did not have electricity etc etc.

By then, I was boiling mad not at the technician but at the first customer care officer I had spoken to for passing on the wrong information to the technicians who rushed from one end of town to my place.

Later, I had to rush off to buy lunch, fetch my son home from school and upon my return, I called TNB for the FOURTH time and spoke to a gentleman this time.

Immediately I asked to speak to the officer-in-charge and asked:

a) Why were the customer care officers so clueless when receiving reports?
b) Why didn't they have to latest information at the click of the mouse to update irate consumers?
c) Why weren't any circulars distributed in the neighbourhood?
d) Who was responsible for the horrible mess in the communication breakdown because two technicians were deployed to my home for the wrong reason?
e) Why was I told one reason after another for the power cut when another neighbour who called up was given the correct answer?
f) It was only two days ago that the meter reader did his rounds in the neighbourhood. Surely he could have passed the notice to the residents in my housing area.

Etc etc etc

She apologised and said she would get back to me. It is now almost 11p.m. and I have had no word from her. For sure, I will call her tomorrow morning and follow up on what happened and why my neighbours and I did not receive word/notice about the power cut.

Two years ago, my area had power outages NINE times on the second or was it the third day of the Chinese New Year. I wrote a terse complaint letter to TNB and even made an appointment to see the head of department at Anson Road. The distinguished gentleman apologised elegantly and answered my query for what they intended to do. To my surprise, the gentleman wrote a very long letter of apology and mailed it to my home. A very diplomatic and professional move indeed - a sharp contrast to the horrible scenario I experienced today.

As a result of this hiccup, I almost threw my smartphone away because I was so frustrated as I could not surf the net smoothly. The screen was hung so many times and I had to reset my data. By late afternoon, I indulged in some shopping therapy and bought a new handphone that truly gave me many moments of laughter.

One of the problems of my previous android phone was the small keyboard and screen. For at least 60% of the time, whatever I typed be it emails or smses would be wrong.

The android that I bought this evening has a very big screen for the blind to see and the best part is that everything is voice activated (or so I thought as I did my homework long ago and had wanted this particular phone for ages) which meant I could email, sms, surf etc just by my vocal directions, or so I thought. So I asked the salesgirl from whom my family had bought four phones and she said gingerly that it depended on how accurate was my accent.

Hmmm I thought....how wrong could I be in my accent?

Anyway, the whole evening was spent at the shop downloading the stuff I needed, learning how to use this and that and downloading songs, ringtones etc.

On the way home, I used the voice facility happily. With my previous phone, I only had one problem - When I asked for Jemputree ( a cafe), Google directed me to Calgary....:-( and auto-dialled one Calgary number.

This evening, I asked for my own blog and said: masterwordsmith dot blogspot dot com.

And what came out was:

Did you mean :
  • master blood the smith?
  • mom still would smith?
  • mom still would miss
  • mom still would a minute
  • master i will smith
  • mascara will smith
  • master it will smith
  • mascara what is this
  • and many more combinations, I kid you not!!!
By the time I came home, I had problems connecting to my home internet line because I forgot the password.

:-(

And once forgotten, it had to be reset. Only a former student of mine could do it for me and I did not want to trouble him for he had helped me so many times previously. Fortunately, my younger son saw what I was typing for like 20 times and saved me for he reminded me that I had changed my password to something else...so here I am now :-).

Anyway, I will definitely be having lots of fun tomorrow when the phone is fully charged. In the mean time, I reckon I lost at least a kilo from sweating and fuming away without any power supply but all's well that ends well with the new phone that gave me the opportunity to laugh and destress....

I will catch up with the news now and put up the next post soon after....My apologies to commenters as I have not had the time to respond to your input but will do so by tomorrow.Have a restful evening everyone. 


[PENTING] Senarai Tempat Pemasangan Kamera Perangkap Had laju

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 11:00 AM PDT


Sebagai panduan untuk pulang berhari raya nanti.. Jangan selepas bergembira sampai pula surat saman ni....... Poket dah kempis masa tu..... So sampai area ni kauorang ikutlah had laju yang ditetapkan...

PDRM sudah memasang sistem baru untuk mengesan kelajuan kenderaan yang melebihi had laju pada suatu tempat.. kalo dulu tembak bawah jambatan, skrg sudah tukar maa… Berikut diberikan lokasi-lokasi pemasangan sistem baru perangkap hadlaju yang telah dipasang oleh pihak PDRM:


PLUS Arah Utara

■ Under a bridge at about 456km, Sg Buloh junction.
■ Under a bridge at about 459km, Bukit Lanjan interchange.
■ Under the overhead restaurant at Sg Buloh.
■ Under the last bridge before Sg Besi toll at 309.2km.
■ Under the bridge at 296.5km, Bangi junction.
■ Under the newly constructed bridge at 289.0km, after Nilai North junction.
■ Under the bridge at 286.5km, Nilai North junction.

PLUS Arah Selatan

■ Below signboard at about 454.6km and 455.2km, Sg Buloh layby.
■ Under the bridge after Subang junction at 11.3km.
■ Under the bridge at 22km, Bukit Lanjan junction.
■ Under the bridge before Mint hotel, Sg Besi Toll. 80km/h only!
■ Under the bridge at 302.8km, Kajang junction.
■ About 1km south of Bangi junction, both south and north bound outer lanes
■ At 296.5km and 297km, Bangi junction.
■ Under the newly constructed bridge at 289.0km, before Nilai North junction.
■ At 285.5km and 285.8km, Nilai North junction.
■ On center divider at 251.8km and 253km after Senawang junction.
■ After Alor Gajah junction at 213.9km, next to water theme park.
■ Behind the right hand crash barrier at 198.4km.

Lebuhraya Elite Hubungan Timur Tengah/Utara

■ On left hand side at 4.8km after Batu Tiga/Shah Alam exit
■ Under the overhead restaurant at USJ/Hicom junction about 8.5km. 90km/h zone!
■ Below the bridge before USJ/Hicom junction at 10.5km.

Lebuhraya Elite Hubungan Barat Tengah/Selatan

■ Under the overhead restaurant at USJ/Hicom junction about 8.5km. 90km/h zone!
■ Below the bridge before USJ/Hicom junction at 10.5km.
■ After exit from KLIA toll to the airport, below Jalan Pekeliling flyover.90km/h

NKVE Arah Timur/Utara

■ 300m before Jalan Duta toll, 60km/h!
■ Behind crash barrier on the left when going towards Jalan Duta toll, at 24.9km, 80km/h!
■ Below bridge at Damansara Junction, 17.5km

NKVE Arah Barat/Selatan

■ Behind crash barrier on the left when leaving Jalan Duta toll from KL, at 25.3km and 25.7km, 80km/h!
■ From Jln Duta, below the bridge, 23km, 80km/h zone!
■ From Jln Duta, at the underpass at Sg Buloh Y-junction, 22km.
■ Behind crash barrier at Damansara Junction, 17.7km and 16.8km
■ Below railway bridge at 11.2km
■ Under the bridge at Shah Alam junction.

Lebuhraya Kesas Timur

■ Under the bridge at 44.8km, downhill run after Puchong junction.
■ Kesas West Bound
■ At Sg Besi side of East Bound Toll. Kuala Lumpur City
■ Jalan Duta; below the flyover at the Damansara junction, 70km/h zone.

Lebuhraya Kesas – Klang

■ Dual carriageway between Klang and Port Klang. Towards Klang direction, at about 13km mile stone. 70km/h only!

Leburaya Pantai Timur

■ East bound, downhill run after Raub junction.
■ Maran, 60km/h zone.
■ Paya Bungor, 70km/h zone.

Kawasan Negeri Johor Arah Selatan

■ Tangkak junction.
■ Under the bridge after Yong Peng
■ North junction at 97.3km.
■ Ayer Hitam junction.
■ Sedenak junction.

Jalanraya Sekitar Utara Malaysia – Arah Utara

■ Around Ayer Hitam in 60km/h zone.
■ Before Perwaja Steel.
■ Sg Petani junction.
■ Between Seberang Jaya junction and Sg Dua Toll.
■ Penang Bridge at island end.Speed limit 80km/h.

Jalanraya Sekitar Utara Malaysia – Arah Selatan

■ Penang Bridge Island end. Speed limit 80km/h.
■ About 2km before Juru Toll Speed limit 90km/h

Kawasan Perak Jalanraya Arah Utara

■ Under the bridge at 197.1km and 198.8km, after Kamunting Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 204.3km, after Kamunting Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 208km, before Kamunting Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 214.8km, before Kamuntingjunction.
■ Ipoh Vista Point at about 263km. Speed limit 80km/h.
■ Under the bridge at 271km, Ipoh North Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 274.4km, Ipoh South Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 286.9km, Simpang Pulai Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 296km, Gopeng Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 352.6km, after Sungkai Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 353km, Sungkai Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 373km, Slim River Junction.

Kawasan Perak Arah Selatan

■ Under the bridge at 199km, before Kamunting junction.
■ Under the bridge at 241.9km, at Kuala Kangsar junction.
■ Under the sign post at 296.1km, before Gopeng Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 297km, at Gopeng Junction.
■ Under the bridge at 300km, after Gopeng junction.
■ Under the bridge at 308.6km, after Gopeng junction.
■ Under the bridge at 372.6km, at Slim River junction.

P.S / Setelah berbillion duit ditabur skang tiba masa untuk kutip balik hahahaha -baca-blogspot


When did Razak meet PI Bala?

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 06:12 AM PDT

PETALING JAYA: The controversial submarine contract and the gruesome murder of Altantuya Shaariibuu continue to be an albatross around the neck of Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak.
Despite his denials and swearing upon the Quran, the opposition never ceases to exploit the issue while a significant number of Malaysians believe that the prime minister's hands are stained both with corruption and the blood of the Mongolian national.
And now, the French courts have launched an inquest into the submarine deal.
However, blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin pointed out that certain claims don't add up and also reveals that the relationship between private investigator P Balasubramaniam and Najib's confidant Abdul Razak Baginda can be traced back as far as 2000.

Razak Baginda was involved in an extra-marital affair with Altantuya, who apparently served as a translator for the submarine deal. The former was charged with abeting her murder but the court later acquitted him.
He was said to have met Balasubramaniam in 2006 when he needed help to end his relationship with the Mongolian woman.
Citing one of the documents submitted to the French courts, Raja Petra in an article published in Malaysia Today today said the two knew each other even prior to that.
In the document, defence firm DCN's regional director Didier Arnaud stated that he had met Balasubramaniam in 2000 and identified him as one of the members of the Razak Baginda-linked Perimekar company.
"There is something very wrong with this story. But which story is the wrong one? Did Didier lie to the French national police? Or are the others lying instead?" asked Raja Petra.
"On page 4 of document 146, one of the 153 documents submitted to the French court, the French police said: In the chapter entitled 'Commercial Partners', Didier Arnaud said, 'On Aug 1, 2000, we signed a cooperation business contract with Thomsom International Asia defining our respective responsibilities. Whatever one may think about the appropriateness of such an agreement, it seems certain that this must be made for the success of the operation. The Perimekar team has evolved over the past year, and with the eviction of Tan Sri Razali and Pintar group, Suhaidi Sulaiman, Rosli Rahman and Balasubramaniam took charge of Perimekar, also supported by Ismail Noor who had sidelined Jasbir Chahl'."
However, it could not be ascertained if the "Subramaniam" mentioned by Didier in his statement was the same person as it was a common name.
The 'right hand man'
Raja Petra also noted that Suaram's Cynthia Gabriel had revealed Jasbir Singh Chahl's name on June 16 this year.
During a fund raising dinner for the Scorpene inquest which was initated by Suaram, Gabriel had described Jasbir as the right-hand man of Razak Baginda.
"Jasbir is a central figure in the negotiation and procurement process. He is the first person to be served with a subpoena," she had said.
Raja Petra said Jasbir was supposed to be the initiator of the submarine idea back in 1999 when Dr Mahathir Mohamad was prime minister, Daim Zainuddin the finance minister, and Najib the defence minister.
"However, Jasbir was kicked out of Perimekar not long after that. He then sued Perimekar for a couple of millions and the case was settled out of court. According to the reports, he was paid an undisclosed sum of money to settle this case out of court.
"Now, it was then when Razak Baginda was supposed to have appeared onto the scene, after Jasbir was ousted (the word the French used was 'sidelined'). And the French national police quoted Didier as saying that the Perimekar team had 'evolved over the last one year since 1999, which means, Perimekar had 'changed hands'," he said.
'Something is wrong'
Raja Petra claimed that there was something amiss with this version.
"First of all, Razak was supposed to have appeared onto the scene after Jasbir was kicked out. Hence, in what way was Jasbir considered Razak's 'right hand man'? Secondly, Jasbir was pissed off that he was kicked out and he sued the company. The company then settled the suit out of court, which means there is a basis for Jasbir's claim — that he was the initiator of the submarine deal.
"This whole episode appears more like a 'hostile takeover' than anything else. And this hostile takeover resulted in a suit, which was settled out of court. In what way, then, would Jasbir be considered Razak's right hand man? There seems to be something wrong here," he added.
Another point, said the blogger, was that Razak Baginda's name did not appear in the list of names as reported by the French national police but Balasubramaniam's does.
And what is interesting is that the French national police listed Balasubramaniam's name in bold and capital letters.
"Why was his named bolded and capitalised while the others were not? Is the French national police trying to draw the court's attention to this particular name? Yes, that is certainly a most interesting point and one that needs further investigation," he said.
Another interesting point, Raja Petra said, was that Didier told the French national police that Balasubramaniam was one of the members of the Perimekar negotiation team since back in 2000.
"But back in 2000 Altantuya and Razak Baginda had not met yet. They did not meet until a few years later, at the end of 2004.
"Then, in 2006, Razak Baginda tried to break off his relationship with Altantuya but she would not let him go. And that was supposed to be when Razak Baginda first met Balasubramaniam in 2006 when he needed Balasubramaniam to help solve his 'problem' with Altantuya," he added.


International Assistance Dog Week Aug 5 - 11

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 06:07 AM PDT

International Assistance Dog Week is being celebrated coast to coast August 5-11


International Assistance Dog Week
August 7, 2012
By: Tammy Woods

















 


















International Assistance Dog Week is being celebrated coast to coast August 5-11


Credits: 


BN Sabah Bergoncang Lagi, Ada Lagi Pemimpin Sabah Keluar Parti, Sertai APS

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 06:37 AM PDT

Sokongan rakyat Sabah terhadap Angkatan Perubahan Sabah (APS) pimpinan Datuk Seri Wilfred Bumburing terus menggegarkan politik negeri itu apabila ramai lagi pemimpin BN mengikut jejaknya menyokong Pakatan Rakyat.

Terbaru, John Hussein meletak semua jawatan sebagai ahli Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS-BN) dan ketua kampung bagi kawasan Kiulu dalam Parlimen Tuaran.

Menurut beliau, notis 30 hari diserah kepada partinya dan kerajaan negeri sejak 1 Ogos lalu.

John turut meletak jawatan Ketua PBS Cawangan Kampung Simpangan Lama dan Naib Pengerusi PBS Bahagian Kiulu dan kini menyertai APS.

"Saya bersetuju dengan kenyataan Datuk Seri Wilfred bahawa sistem penyampaian BN gagal memenuhi matlamat yang dikehendaki rakyat.

"Sebagai contoh, pembinaan Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Nabalu mengambil masa yang sangat lama untuk dilaksanakan dan kini pembinaannya terus terhenti tanpa penjelasan munabasabah," kata John dalam satu kenyataan.

Beliau akan bekerjasama dengan dua bekas pemimpin Pertubuhan Pasokmomogun Kadazandusun Murut Bersatu (Upko) Bahagian Tuaran, Lesaya Lopog Sorudim dan Daukim Gilu untuk membentuk dan menggerakkan APS Bahagian Kiulu.

Sebelum ini, Naib Presiden Upko yang juga Senator Datuk Maijol Mahap; Pengerusi Tetap, Datuk Herman Tiongsoh serta Ahli Majlis Tertinggi, Denis Gimpah dan Petrus Guriting turut mengisytihar keluar BN bersama Wilfred pada 29 Julai lalu.

Wilfred merupakan Ahli Parlimen Tuaran, bekas Timbalan Presiden Upko, Timbalan Presiden Angkatan Amanah Merdeka dan bekas Pengerusi BN Tuaran.

APS adalah pertubuhan bukan kerajaan yang memfokus pengundi Bumiputera Bukan Islam Sabah bagi menyokong Pakatan Rakyat untuk memerintah Malaysia.

Wilfred memulakan jelajahnya sejak 1 Ogos lalu dengan menggempur Dewan Undangan Negeri (DUN) Tambunan dan Parlimen Keningau yang diwakili Presiden PBS, Datuk Seri Joseph Pairin Kitingan.

Pairin mewakili kedua-dua kawasan itu sejak 1976 hingga kini dengan beliau ketika ini turut menjawat Timbalan Ketua Menteri Sabah.




Don't vote DAP, its 'haram'!

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 03:05 AM PDT

What's your comment, readers?


Also read Bernama reports...


Akhbar Kosmo Perli Kekalahan Lee Chong Wei

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 04:12 AM PDT


Kosmo dengan tajuk Chong Wei Terlepas Habuan 4 Juta telah mengguris hatinya. Perjuangan beliau bertungkus lumus sepenuh hati semalam dilihat oleh akhbar tersebut sebagai "mengejar wang" dan bukan semangat kesukanan untuk membawa negara ke mata dunia.

Ramai dari kalangan pembaca dan pengguna laman sosial mengutuk keras tindakan editor akhbar berkenaan berkaitan artikel muka hadapan akhbar tersebut hari ini yang dilihat seakan akan memperli Datuk LCW yang tidak mendapat habuan besar apabila kembali ke tanah air. Mungkin selepas ini, ramai yang akan memboikot akhbar ini. Kita tunggu dan lihat. -suarapeople


Tengku Razaleigh Bidas Kerajaan Pusat Yang Tidak Mematuhi Akta Petroliam 1974

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 02:17 AM PDT

Royalti : Sejarah Yang Di Nafikan Hak Oleh UMNO@BN...!!!

Gambar: Majlis tandatangan Akta Kemajuan Petroliam 1974 -
Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah (Pengerusi PETRONAS) dan Datuk Mohammad Nasir (Menteri Besar Kelantan)


Akta Kemajuan Petroliam 1974 jelas menyatakan bahawa Kerajaan Malaysia & Petronas haruslah membuat pembayaran tunai dalam bentuk Royalti bagi "Pemunyaan Hak" yang diberikan Negeri Kelantan bagi Penerokaan Industri Petroleum.

Maka Tengku Razaleigh pun bertanya di dalam FBnya:



Ulasan GB

Begitu mudah kerajaan UMNO BN menafikan hak kerajaan dan rakyat Kelantan dengan melanggar terus Akta Kemajuan Petroliam 1974 dengan menggantikan dengan Wang Ehsan untuk menyekat pembangunan Kelantan.

Siapakah yang memulakan langkah itu?

Perdana Menteri keempat, Tun Mahathir Mohd dan pengkhianat rakyat Kelantan bernama Mustapa Mohamad. Kemudian diikuti dengan PM-PM selepas Mahathir iaitu Abdullah Ahmad Badawi dan Najib Razak bersama dengan konco-konco mereka seperti Nazri Aziz, Khairy Jamaluddin dan ramai pemimpin UMNO yang lain.

Sepatutnya mereka itu semua telah lama ditangkap dan dipenjarakan kerana melanggar konsep federalisma dan juga menghapuskan Akta yang diluluskan oleh Parlimen dan telah jelas memaktubkan hak royalti rakyat Kelantan.

Tetapi .... sistem yang ada kini membenarkan UMNO BN terus melakukan kezaliman.

Hukum kebenaran dan keadilan akan tetap mengambil tempatnya dan mereka itu semua akan dihukum oleh Allah swt di satu masa nanti.


UNITED WE STAND, divided we FALL

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:42 AM PDT

Edited version of my post as MAHA BAN DOOLA (One of my Pseudonyms) in Burma Digest

Daw Aung San Su Kyi once comment regarding the political extremists, religious fanatics and ultra nationalists,  

"Well, there are people who think that it's right to do anything in the name of their religion, their race, their family, or any organization to which they may belong."

During my schooling days, my one English teacher was a Jew and another was a Christian. My Mathematics teacher was an Indian Hindu, Chemistry teacher was a Muslim. Our football coach and PT teacher was also a Muslim. He was like "COACH CARTER" to us. (Coach Carter was a real story of a very famous basketball coach.) Because of his discipline and intelligent handling of our team, our school team was the best in the whole district and all our team members got good marks and enter the professional universities. I, a Burmese Buddhist, was the team captain playing at midfield. My partner was a Muslim and because of the two of us' team work and support three Burmese and one Rakhine shooters could score a lot. Our goal keeper was a Brahman and if he was in front of the goal posts we felt secured as if the goal post was sealed with cement.  One tough Chin and another stout Karin backer also saved us from many goals. Our two best Chinese friends never played football but never missed a match to encourage us and they successfully forced their rich fathers to support our team with more than enough financial supports. Although now we were all married and most of us migrated to different countries, we all are still in touch and we missed each other. I even dreams about them not less than once a month.

The world is so wide and there are a lot of twist and turns. It would be much better if we look at the facts that trigger the Inter-religious conflicts and riots to stop them or prevent them from happening again. For me no excuse is right, conflicts should be avoided at all costs from both sides. I am not going to search who is right or wrong, but the basic causes or events that trigger the conflicts only. I believe that if anyone fight or try to use force, both sides are wrong. I am searching the ways to avoid the repeat of those conflicts.

We all must unite, if not we will fall. I will now try to search the triggering sparks of racial and religious riots in Burma/Myanmar. 

I search the views of third parties in the libraries. I don't want to consider the views, excuses and blaming games from the interested parties. I found four reliable persons and sources seem to be middle men and free of bias:

1. Morris Caulis, British, was the Judge during the first Indian Burmese conflict. He wrote the eye witness accounts and was amongst the British Ruling Class at the time. He wrote details account of that conflict in his book, "Trials in Burma."

2.   Moshe Yegar was the Jew, Diplomat at Israel Embassy in Rangoon in 1960. He did his M.A. at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem; with the thesis about "The Muslims of Burma, A Study of a Minority Group."

3.  Bertil Litner married a Shan Lady and he is the Burmese Expert among the European journalists. He had even successfully predicted about 2 1/2 months in advance in the Bangkok Post that Ne Win Government would create an anti-Muslim riots but at last both races would unite and the snowball effect would cause the downfall of Ne Win's Government.

4. US States department's Human Right Reports about Religious Problems in Burma/Myanmar. I do not wish to write any details but just read this web page http://www.state.gov/j/drl/ or http://drkokogyi.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/religious-freedom-report-of-myanmar-burma/ to see what the Myanmar Government is doing on Buddhists, Christian, Muslim citizens and the Ethnic Minorities of Burma/Myanmar.

Actually you all will find out that I am just searching the ways to avoid the split of the democracy forces inside and outside Burma. We all know that Myanmar Military is a well trained expert on Propaganda Warfare. We all could see that Myanmar Generals and their Intelligent Mechanism would try to split the forces of people and at the same time divert the attention of all the Burmese people and the world's spectators by creating racial or religious conflict. United we stand, divided we fall! 

The following facts are the gist of what I get from the above third party sources: I hereby wish to advice all of you that many real actually correct facts would hurt both sides. I am opening the old wounds or doing the Post Mortem to search the triggering factors. Mutual understanding, mutual respects and the granting of basic Human Rights irrespective of Race, creed, colour, religion or ethnicity would defuse most of the ill feelings amongst us.

In 1930 there was the first anti Indian riots in Burma under British rule. This was not aimed on the Muslims or Islam but on Indians in general.

The problem started in Yangon port, because of the irresponsible action of the British firm of Stevedores. It had employed hundreds of cheap Indian labourers. While those Indians were on strike, that firm had employed the Burmese workers just to break the strike. So the Indians had to give in and ended the strike. Next morning when the Burmese workers came and report for work they were told by the British firm that their service was no more needed. Some of the Indian workers who were angry because they had to end the strike at failure because of these Burmese workers made fun at them as revenge.  

Naturally Burmese workers were angry and started the fight and Indians retaliate. It grew rapidly into anti-Indian riots. Even within the first half-hour at least two hundred Indians were massacred and flung into the river. Authorities ordered the police to fire upon any assembly of five or more who refuse to lay down the arms, under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code. That was a black day of 26 May. Within two days it spread to the whole country and no one knew the exact causality.

There was another anti Indian/Muslim riots in 1938, while still under British rule.

The real basic hidden agenda was aimed at British Government but the Burmese dare not show this openly. The growing Nationalistic sentiments fanned by the local media disguised as anti Indian/Muslim to avoid the full blown force of mighty British Government machinery.  

The Burmese Nationalists fanned the anti–Indian AND ANTI-Muslim sentiments by using the following facts.

1. Problems in mixed marriages such as issue of conversion of the Burmese girls and the religious and legal matters that follows, e.g. non-conversion, divorce, death and inheritance.

2.  Economically the Indians/ Muslims were better and some amount of jealousy set in.

3. Buddhists could not accept Myanmar Muslims as fellow citizens but look down on them as Kalas or foreigners who are dirty, poor and of low standard.

4. Burmese Newspapers started the hate campaign against the Indians/Muslims since 1935. They use the words such as "Indians/Muslims had taken their wealth and girls", to incite hatreds. They called to expel the Indians/Muslims from the government service and to 'deport' them.

5. There was a religious argument between a Moulvi Hassan Shah and a Buddhist, Maung Pan Nyo. A book came out in 1931 about that and Buddhists published pamphlets again to attack Islam. Burmese Muslim Abdulla Maung Sin wrote the rebuttal claiming that Maung Pan Nyo's book offended Islam and the Prophet. Then Maung Shwe Hpi, a Myanmar Muslim published a book and included all of the above-mentioned books and articles. Hasan Shah published the new edition of his book.

6. In June 1938 a Buddhist journalist published the most offending extracts against Buddhists from those books. Newspapers, organizations and Buddhist monks demanded action against the author. They called to stop intermarriages to prevent the spread of Islam.

7. The monks called for the boy court of all Indian/Muslim business and even guarded with whips in the markets to prevent the Buddhists from purchasing at Indian/Muslim shops.

8.  On 26.7.1938. anti Muslim rally was held at Shwe Dagon pagoda. They started the Burma for Burmese Campaign.

9.   They marched to the Muslim (Surti) Bazar. While the Indian Police broke the violent demonstration, three monks were hurt.

10. Burmese Newspapers use the pictures of Indian police attacking the Buddhist monks to further incite the spread of riots.

11.  Indian properties: shops, houses and mosques were looted, destroyed and burnt to ashes. They assaulted and even massacred the Hindu Indians. It spreads to all over Burma and recorded that 113 mosques were damaged.

On 22.9.38. British Governor set up the Inquiry Committee.

They found out that the real cause was the discontent in the government regarding the deterioration in sociopolitical and economic conditions of Burmans.

The book was used as an inciting factor by the irresponsible Burmese newspapers. They use the anti Muslim propaganda as a disguise to cover up for the political struggle to gain independence.

The Simon Commission, (The Royal Statutory Commission, appointed according to the Law of the Government of India1919, The Montague-Chelmsford Law) to inquire the effects of Diarchy system of ruling Burma. But the British Government refused to accept all those recommended except the separation, at the round table committee on India held in London in 1930.

THE remarks of UN Secretary General Koffi Annan are the best comment and advise for both Burmese and Indian/Muslim journalists of 1930's.

"We all fully recognize and respect freedom of the press and expression but it must be coupled with press responsibility. Inciting religious or ethnic hatred in this manner is not acceptable," 

"He believes that the freedom of the press should always be exercised in a way that fully respects the religious beliefs and tenets of all religions."

UN spokesman continues the UN Secretary General's view, 

 "the importance of overcoming misunderstandings and animosities between the people of different beliefs and cultural traditions is through peaceful dialogue and mutual respect".

Anti-foreign sentiment and Nationalism.

The pride and good feelings of nationalism: the love for the country, race and religion is frequently exploited and used by many politicians, ultra-nationalists, religious fanatics, racial extremists and present (Military) Government of Myanmar.   

Adolf Hitlar of Nazi Germany and Slobodan Milosivic, were the most prominent and indisputable example. But it is shameful to admit that many governments and politicians around the world are guilty of this crime one time or another to get or accomplish their own agenda or to cover up their faults and failures. 

They use to threaten their own people with the foreign powers and enemies, western colonists, imperialists, religious (Islamic) terrorists, Communists,  and possible outbreak of racial riots, danger of losing independence of their beloved country.  

It is sad to note that, that propaganda warfare is usually successful with the help of the local government controlled media and because of the use or exploitation of the nationalistic spirit. People against this would be labeled as unpatriotic or traitor.

Once intoxicated with the patriotism and nationality fever, people were blinded. They are ready to do anything for that patriotism. They are even willing to kill or dare to be killed. They are willing to sacrifice themselves, their family, their property and everything on earth. Patriotism could mobilize the whole nation. 

I have to remind my Muslim friends that In Islam, there is a widespread misuse of the word called jihad and breed terrorism around the world that back fired on us in the whole world and in Myanma.

With the Globalization, the whole world is becoming a Global Village. So we, "SHWE" MyanmarS are also spreading like wildfire around the whole world.

It is sad to note that the hatred to foreigners is rooted to fear of losing, insecurity, low self-esteem and jealousy of the respective locals. Then now we all Shwe Myanmars are in the same position as the Indian, Chinese foreigners in our own country, Burma now called Myanmar. 

We, Myanmars are now migrating, working legally and illegally in many different countries. Now many of those host citizens are hostile to us, Myanmar Citizens, claiming that we are taking their jobs, replacing them. They claim that because of our cheap labour they could not demand for pay rise. We are poor, dirty; we bring in diseases into their country etc. 

Bamas are accused by our own brothers, Ethnic Nationalities that Bamas are  acting like big brother, arrogant, want to assimilate or destroy them, raping them etc. The curative portion of medicine is already in the UN Charter. 

The purposes of the United Nations are… to achieve International cooperation… in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language and religion…"

 "Equality, justice, dignity" is the emblem that represents the goals of the Human Rights Committee. The comprehensive implementation of actions against racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerances is a very important topic because these forms of intolerance have been global issues since biblical times.

For decades, thousands of people have been victims of discrimination, preferences and exclusions in view of their race, skin color, sex, religion, language, national or ethnic origin and form of expression, causing extreme suffering and even loss of life.

Racial discrimination is the ability or power to make distinctions among people based on race, color, decent, national or ethnic origin rather than individual merit. Xenophobia is a fear of the foreign, of what is strange. Religious intolerance occurs when someone's opinions and beliefs are not respected by others due to their religion or way of thinking. (Wikipedia free Encyclopedia)

In extremely religious or less developed countries, sexism is practiced, and racial discrimination is not considered wrong. In addition, the methods of solving racism could not appeal to all countries. Lots of people believe that they have the right to segregate others and feel superior to them, just because they are different to what they are used to. The following are only some of the many examples in which discrimination has been highly presented:

During World War II, the Holocaust genocide by the Nazis exterminated over 15 million people. In the course of the 11th- 13th centuries, the Crusades took place, in which European Christians fought the Muslims and a lot of casualties on both sides.

There is no country in the world exempt of discrimination. No matter how severe or how mild the ratio of discrimination is, no nation is free from it. Either for one circumstance or another, not all countries are capable of giving the importance and dedication this issue needs. Even though we are all consciously aware of this topic, there is still a long road to cross.

The United Nations Secretary General, Kofi Annan stated:  

"Ignorance and prejudice are the handmaidens of propaganda… Our mission therefore is to confront ignorance with knowledge, bigotry with tolerance, and isolation with outstretched hand of generosity. Racism can, will and must be defeated. Almost every country in the world suffers prejudice among its own people, either racial discrimination, xenophobia or religious intolerance." 

After the 27 years in prison of the Racial discriminatory Apartheid Whites, the  noble response of Nelson Mandela, when he became  the South African Leader should be the example to all of us. He used his nonviolence strategy and fought to eradicate the object of racial division and turn it into the open democracy that today exists and the country prospers.

So back to my personal experiences: If not for my best teachers; those Christians, Jew, Muslim, Hindus and of course many fellow Burmese teachers and lecturers I would not be in this position. If not for my Ethnic Minority footballers, other race co-players and my football coach "Carter" we could not win any tournaments.

Lord Buddha teach us to detach from "ATTA", I, my, me, mine. I realized that it could extend to my family, my relatives, my race, my religion, my home, my town, my country. And Buddha even advised to love and pity all humans and animals including our enemies.

Our common enemy dictators who wish to stay on in power would definitely create endless racial riot in a near future to divert the discontented people and smoke shield the world opinion.

We all are like the married couple. In Burmese, married couple is compared with the tongue and the teeth. We could unintentionally bite the tongue. If we could understand that the teeth is helping the tongue by chewing the food into smaller pieces to get better taste and forgive all will be OK.

In Burmese there is a saying. If we are near we always frequently fight amongst each other. Once we are away only, we missed each other too much as if going to die if we cannot see each other.

Now I missed all my friends of different races and religion. We must unite against our common enemy whether we are in Myanmar proper or abroad.

UNITED WE STAND divided we FALL.

 



Can “Energy Drinks” Actually Improve Your Strength, Endurance, and Energy Levels… Or is it All in Your Mind?

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:21 AM PDT

You may have noticed from a lot of my ezine issues that I speak a lot about the power of your mind and how this controls the results you get in your body. This is yet another example of the power of the placebo effect, and probably the only reason anybody gets any results whatsoever from typical supplements (I'm talking more about bogus "miracle" diet pill supplements rather than legitimate


Affiliate Marketing: What Is It?

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:13 AM PDT

Affiliate marketing is a great way to make an extra income. Once you have everything all set up and ready to go, you can begin making an income from your efforts. Affiliate marketing is when someone else pays you a commission or a percentage of what you sell for them. For example, a coffee business may pay you 10% on all sales that you make for them. This is how it works: When a business


How To Build Muscle Fast by Spending Less Time In The Gym

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:13 AM PDT

  I'll never forget my first encounter with "Big Joe." I had just gotten my driver's license about a week before, so I was 17 at the time. Up until my 17th birthday, I had been training at our crappy high-school weight room and was counting the days until I could drive myself to the real gym about 15 minutes down the road. I had been training for a few years at that point and was really starting


I Need to Lose Weight by Eating Organic-How Can I Afford it

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:13 AM PDT

My DSP followers and blog readers keep me motivated. I want to pay it forward by answering your common nutrition questions. Here's a great one: I need to lose weight by eating organic. How do I accomplish this without ending up in the poor house? First, let me just reassure you that your ability to lose weight is not dependent on whether you eat organic foods or not. If you follow the right


Getting the Most From Affiliate Marketing

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:13 AM PDT

Affiliate marketing is nothing new on the internet. However, it sure is something that many come and go after. When you are looking to start your own website or blog and add some affiliate marketing links to it, there are some things that you should know. Affiliate marketing is not for everyone. It is not for anyone that is looking to make money fast, nor is it for the impatient. You have to


Here is Your Supplement Checklist

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:12 AM PDT

    Confused Supplement Seeker, A few days ago this kid posted his supplement stack pictures. He spends $400+ a month on supplements! I think I spend under $50 and that's if I'm being experimental. I'll refrain from talking about brand names and such as I think we all have our opinions on those and many times price is a factor. Let's just stick to the overall basics. So let's begin…


1 Factor To Build Muscle

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 12:12 AM PDT

Question: Ben, please identify the number one training mistake that would be preventing individuals from achieving maximal muscle gains Answer: Well, we all know "the guy" in the gym that throws a ton of weight on the bar and moves it with terrible form and looks like hes going to hurt himself. He is the root of many of our jokes, and definitely gets a lot of sideways looks from the patrons of


No comments: