Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9th anniversary of my blog

9th anniversary of my blog


9th anniversary of my blog

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 09:45 AM PDT

today is my blog's 9th anniversary. yes, believe it or not, i had been blogging for 9 years… or rather i would say i started blogging 9 years ago because for past 2 years i had slowed down on blogging very much… and this year is worst… very slow down! one of the reason is i'm having problem with my blog setup. beginning this year, i had changed host and thought i should then pick up blogging but again i slacked and did not blog regularly.

one of this reason for not blogging regularly is because now i'm stuck to facebook instead! i post on facebook short comments about political news and current issues… just like what i would do in blogging. oh, i had also been busy writing for CJMY under malaysiakini.  i think i should give some serious thought to start blogging regularly… but i want to change design first and find it troublesome to do it. heh. had been saying that since 2 years ago! should really get down to it. partly no interest and partly no time and mostly i'm a bit clueless how to do it… when i do and encountered problems, i give up fast and easily.

hmm… maybe i seriously start blogging next year – since it will be consider a decade of blogging. . procrastination again… always finding a reason to procrastinate!

ok for some nostalgia look into my blog anniversary posts (i posted about my anniversary every year!), i went back to read some of my anniversary posts as from google search.



Canines Take Centre Stage

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 09:00 AM PDT

KUALA LUMPUR: The two-day event saw canines and owners compete in
obedience and agility trials and conformation shows which stress on
physical breed standards.
One of the highlights of the competition was the International Dog show
category which also serves as a qualifying round for Crufts 2013.

Held annually in Britain, Crufts is one of the most popular dog shows
in the world. The winner


Isteri Tetak Suami Dengan Pisau Pemotong Daging Gara-gara Facebook

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 10:03 AM PDT

Sibu: Gara-gara minta diajar melayari Facebook, seorang suami cedera ditetak isterinya menggunakan pisau pemotong daging dalam satu krisis rumah tangga di Jalan Tong Sang di sini, awal pagi semalam.

Terdahulu, mangsa berumur dalam lingkungan 30-an sering memerhatikan gelagat isterinya melayari laman sosial itu menggunakan telefon bimbit.

Bimbang isterinya yang berumur dalam lingkungan 20-an mempunyai hubungan dengan lelaki lain, si suami cuba memeriksa kandungan telefon bimbit isterinya, namun gagal kerana akaun Facebook isterinya sentiasa dalam keadaan "Logout" selepas digunakan.

Malah, si suami yang tidak berputus asa turut cuba memeriksa kandungan "Masuk" dan "Hantar" sistem pesanan ringkas (SMS) dalam telefon bimbit isterinya, namun semuanya sudah dipadamkan.

Difahamkan, hubungan suami isteri tersebut agak renggang sejak kebelakangan ini kerana sering bergaduh.

Lantaran itu, pada jam 1 pagi semalam, si suami meminta isterinya untuk mengajarnya menggunakan Facebook, namun tidak diendahkan.

Si isteri yang naik berang setelah tidak tahan dengan kehendak mangsa yang asyik meminta tunjuk ajar menggunakan Facebook, tiba-tiba menolak mangsa dan meluru masuk ke bilik tidur untuk mengambil sesuatu yang diletaknya di bawah tilam.

Panik melihat isterinya tiba-tiba memegang pisau pemotong daging dan melibas-libaskan senjata tajam itu ke arahnya, si suami cuba mengelak namun tercedera di kaki kanan dan kedua-dua belah tangannya.

Mangsa kemudian melarikan diri menggunakan motosikal dan pergi ke Balai Polis Sentral untuk membuat laporan polis.

Selepas diambil ketera-ngan, mangsa dihantar ke Hospital Sibu untuk men-dapatkan rawatan. -theborneopost


Belanjawan Pakatan Rakyat 2013

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:24 AM PDT

Dapatkan Belanjawan Pakatan Rakyat 2013 di pautan di bawah:


This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Kalama Sutta or Kalama thoke or Buddha’s “charter of free inquiry.”

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 05:16 AM PDT

Kalama Sutta states:

  • Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing,
  • nor upon tradition,
  • nor upon rumor,
  • nor upon what is in a scripture,

Don't believe the FB postings of Hmuu Zaw just because he is a director in President U Thein Sein's office because he keeps on writing faulsr rumours to start and spread the HATE SPEECHES against Rohingya and Muslims of Myanmar.

  • nor upon surmise,
  • nor upon an axiom,
  • nor upon specious reasoning,
  • nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over,
  • nor upon another's seeming ability,
  • nor upon the consideration, "The monk is our teacher." [emphasis added]
  • Kalamas, when you yourselves know: "These things are good; these things are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness," enter on and abide in them.'

Read all at the source in Wikipedia.



My First Tuition Class..

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 04:09 AM PDT

Yessir..I was off this morning for my first learning something class..
I addressed myself as aunty and almost towards the end of the 2 hour session, amusingly my young Chinese tutor called me 'makcik'.

I have 2 more 2hourly classes to attend.
Come next week, if I hunger for further training, Chew will teach me whatever else requested.

Not that I have absorbed all that was delivered, but my fading intelligence was awesomely scrubbed.
I want to honestly shine in this coming job.
If I can rejuvenate my floundering self-esteem..that'll be another bonus.

May Allah make me an extremely clever, hardworking, confident and vibrant old lady..
Thank God I am still quite healthy....Alhamdulillah..
Ameen.

I wish I did not have to start working after a long break..the last time was around 30 years ago.
Definitely I'm coated with some doubts and reservations..can I excel?
Nevertheless, a sincere work offer is a Godsend gift..^_^
Thank you so much Tok Seri for believing in me..Bless your heart.
Ameen..
 


My Angels of Kindness

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 04:24 AM PDT

Having experienced my share of unpleasant experiences, for a long time, I wondered if I would ever get to meet real, sincere and kind people. Unfortunately, having been disappointed many times, I live quite a quiet reclusive existence believing that with little contact, there will be fewer problems/misunderstandings. That being the case, how would I ever get to meet and make new friends? God has His ways. Realistically speaking, my friends in the past are mostly younger than me. I had never had any friend who is older and wiser than me except for Angela and Linda, both of whom I love dearly!

A very old friend advised me, there ARE nice people around and they are found in the most unexpected places. Don't look for them, for they will come looking for you. How true!

Of late, my faith in mankind has been slowly but surely restored. Perhaps it is because I have been sick for two weeks now. After the first incident caused by claustrophobia and agoraphobia, I have been suffering from severe gastritis or is it GERD or is it H-pylori or was it stress or what was it? The nurse just called to tell me they did not have enough blood to do all the necessary tests so after I put up this post, I will have to make my way to the Dracula chamber for them to draw more blood. If you suddenly hear a blood curdling scream, it might be me :-( for I have a very, very low threshold for pain.

I daresay 2012 has been the most difficult year of my life as I have been sick three times and landed in hospital once. I hope the rest of this year will be good and healthy months for me. The past few months, I have made a few new but precious friends who really showed me so much kindness and taught me the meaning of true friendship. They have been such a blessing to me not only because of their acts of kindness and love but because they have changed my perspective of life and to have trust in people again. Recent experiences drove me to the brink of paranoia and believe me, it was VERY difficult to have faith and trust in people.  I would like to dedicate this post to those who have reached out to me in my darkest moments and shown me much love, kindness, compassion, sympathy and helpfulness. Allow me to introduce to you my treasured and cherished five new friends aka angels of kindness.

The First Angel
First of all, let me introduce you to Mr. T who has not only been reading my blog for years but had also been sending out my posts to his contacts. For years, our exchange was just "Dear Mr T, Thank you for sending out my posts. God bless you and your family." and his reply would be "You are most welcome". I knew nothing about him. I did not know his name, age, background, location and the emails were just like that. Occasionally, he would send me jokes of other interesting materials. Along the way, I stopped using that email for months. One fine day, I sauntered into that email and was very surprised to see that despite my silence, he had still been steadfastly sending me stuff. So I wrote to him and explained my silence. His reply revealed a certain personal physical predicament for a member of the family and weeks later, I visited him and his family.

Amazingly, his spouse and I got on like wildfire. The age difference was no barrier and we ended up having dinner together. His wife and I would keep in touch and two weeks ago, they visited me with their older son bearing gifts and my family had dinner with their family - including their younger son and daughter-in-law.

Today, Mr and Mrs T visited me again - this time with medication for my gastritis and get well wishes. As the weather has been horrid in Penang, I offered to pick up the medication from their home but they said it was fine. What touched me so deeply was that Mrs T was not well herself and self-lessly came all the way from the other end of the island to my neck of the woods. Their kindness is a rare gem that they willingly bestow on those in need. I am truly blessed by their friendship, generosity and kindness. The fact that theirs is a love story that has lasted 58 years is truly very very inspiring. I have never met such a devoted husband who gives his all to care for his beloved. And I really pray that God will bless them and meet their every need. Thank you, Mr and Mrs T for touching me with your brand of kindness and restoring in me faith in mankind.

The Second Angel

I have never met Mr L but I am aware that he has been reading my blog for some time. When I was down with my allergies at the beginning of this year, Mr L was the kind blog reader who sent me Chinese medication capsules that put me on the road to recovery. We always exchange views about religion, health and parenting skills. Mr. L is truly an excellent testimony of God's love. His emails about his faith and experiences with God always touch me like no other sermon can. His sincere faith and humility of character is rare and his pure faith and love for God is another inspiration. He does not know but there have been times I shed tears when reading his emails and went on bended knees to pray, "Forgive me, Lord...for I am not worthy of Your love." And - I am NOT religious nor am I a fanatic. But I am a rebel believer true and through. Hence, throughout my life, only a few preachers and Mr L have elicited such a reaction from me to focus my eyes on heaven above and not on myself or man. Mr L is very knowledgeable in Chinese herbs and traditional medication and has given me some herbs. My husband was the one who collected the plants. Today, Mr L told me that he will give me some plants for my gastric. What a blessing! Last Saturday when I was belching away in my bloated condition, I shot him a SOS email and asked him for help and he advised me to take virgin coconut oil. Indeed, I believe that has helped in my recovery. Thank you Mr L for directing my eyes to God and for your acts of kindness. May God bless you and your family always and meet your needs too!

The Third Angel

For some time, Mr P would send me emails to encourage me or to share notes about our children. He is very supportive and often shares from his personal experience. I have never met him but am touched by his short and kind emails. Despite the fact that we have never met nor engaged in teleconversations, Mr P shared from the depths of his life experiences, especially on health. On top of that, despite the fact that he lives far away, he has also kindly arranged to let me buy virgin coconut oil via his friend who will deliver it. I am indeed thankful and grateful for Mr P for reaching out to me in my time of need.

The Fourth Angel

K and I had exchanged some emails in the past but this time, she really went the extra mile to encourage me to walk in health. A retired nurse, K patiently tried to knock sense into yours truly's stubborn head. Her witty and most interesting emails taught me so much about life, diet, food, nutrition and the importance of not being stressed! Despite the fact that we have not met nor spoken on the phone, her emails to me are warm and exude so much hope and joy in living. I am truly indebted to K for making me realize some things which I took for granted and helping to set me on the road to recovery. Thank you, dear K, for your patience with me and showing me so much about life!

The Fifth Angel

J is a blog reader from down under. We both share a love for anything old in music and he has helped me in many tricky technical situations and we have shared much about health issues too. Today, he called me and made me a very happy woman indeed for he said he would be sending me Tim Tams :-). Thank you for your thoughtfulness and mission to fatten me :-). May your hopes and dreams come true soon!!! God bless you and your family.

The Major Angels

Angela, Linda, Walla, Antares, Joshua, UP41, Freddie, Stephen and other blog commenters/readers such as CLY, Taikotai, Cat-in-Sydney, Dr M. Ch., Dr. M. C, SS, Cynful Pleasure and many other readers/friends and relatives...thank you for being part of my life and giving me your time, friendship and words of encouragement. I confess I did not really follow/accept some of the advice but through time, when I came to my senses, I did. And I believe I have changed for the better in some ways but still have a long way to go :-). Despite my occasional slips into silent mode and my weird eccentricities, thank you for accepting me and for being my dear friend. I treasure and cherish our connection and hope that God will continue to bless you all with good health.

For those of you who read my blog and have never commented, thank you for visiting my blog daily. Your presence here really encourages me for my heart is greatly warmed that you took the time and trouble to swing by my blog. May you always find value in my posts and may God bless you richly!

Most importantly, reach out to someone and touch his/her life today! Take care!


Kenyataan Media : Pilihanraya Kampus 2012

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:42 AM PDT

KENYATAAN MEDIA

26 SEPTEMBER 2012

UNTUK EDARAN SEGERA


KREDIBILITI DAN KEWIBAWAAN PILIHANRAYA KAMPUS 2012 YANG TERCALAR

Pilihanraya Kampus yang diadakan semalam mencatitkan titik hitam dalam sejarah Malaysia dengan campurtangan pihak eksekutif serta amalan budaya samseng, ugutan berbentuk jenayah yang menekan dan mengekang hak serta kebebasan Mahasiswa.

Projek Ops2020, yang didedahkan di dalam Parlimen sesi yang lalu terbukti dirangka untuk memenangkan calon-calon kampus yang pro-kerajaan. Projek ini telah memberikan laluan kepada nasir-anasir luar yang didalangi pihak tertentu untuk terus menyekat perjalanan pilihanraya kampus yang bersih, adil dan telus.

Gejala samseng mulai menerjah masuk ke kampus-kampus, dengan insiden terbaru Pengerusi Pro-M Universiti Malaysa yang dibelasah oleh 5 orang samseng. Budaya ini wajib dikecam dan segera ditangani oleh pihak berwajib.

ADAKAN AUDIT TERBUKA KE ATAS SISTEM E-VOTING

Sebahagian daripada perancangan durjana pihak eksekutif termasuklah pengenalan Sistem E-voting di Universiti Malaya (UM) sejak 2009 – apabila pihak Pentadbiran UM meneruskan konsep menukar sistem kertas undi kepada sistem e-voting (undi secara berkomputer).

Para mahasiswa serta mahasiswi menentang keras sistem e-voting yang diperkenalkan kerana ia memberi impak kepada ketelusan, keberkesanan dan ketelusan setiap undi mahasiswa. Tiadanya audit ke atas sistem e-voting tersebut, dikeruhkan dengan perjalanan pilihanraya kampus yang tidak dipantau oleh pihak yang tidak berkepentingan.

Secara tuntas, persoalan-persoalan berkait sistem e-undi perlu dijawab:

1. Adakah undi rahsia?

2. Sejauh manakah keselamatan data yang bergerak dalam rangkaian?

3. Apakah yang perlu diambil kira dalam pelaksanaan sistem e-undi untuk memastikan telus dan tidak boleh dimanipulasi?

Setelah E-Voting diperkenalkan sejak 2009, pada tahun 2010 pihak pentadbiran UM sekali lagi memperkenalkan sistem baru dalam perlaksanaan pilihanraya kampus iaitu E-Calon, E-Daftar dan E-Bantah yang semuanya berbentuk elektronik.

Sistem yang digunapakai ini mengakibatkan seribu permasalahan buat mahasiswa di mana di dalam pilihanraya kampus UM kali ini – 2 fakulti iaitu Fakulti Sains Komputer dan Teknologi dan Fakulti Pendidikan terpaksa menjalankan undian semula akibat undi seri yang diperoleh oleh kedua-dua fraksi Pro-Aspirasi dan Pro-Mahasiswa.

Sejarah hitam demokrasi kampus juga tercipta di Universiti Islam Antarabangsa, apabila Pilihanraya Kampusnya terpaksa diulang semula kemudian secara manual akibat masalah teknikal. Kemelut undian semula yang berangkai bagi banyak university membuktikan sistem E-Undi perlu dibaikpulih, sebelum boleh dilaksana sepenuhnya.

KEADILAN menggesa supaya Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi melaksanakan sistem undian manual sehinggalah satu badan bebas khas diwujudkan untuk menyiasat dan menyelesaikan kemelut yang berlaku, termasuklah pelaksanaan audit bebas terhadap sistem E-Voting. Kita wajib membaikpulih imej university-universiti di Malaysia yang tercalar teruk akibat manipulasi sebegini.

Nurul Izzah Anwar

Ahli Parlimen Lembah Pantai merangkap Naib Presiden KEADILAN


ရခိုင္ မဟာ ရာဇ၀င္ ဇာတ္ေတာ္ႀကီးတြင္ သကၠရာဇ္ ၈၈၇ ခုႏွစ္ ၌ ပါသွ်ားမင္း၏ သန္အမတ္ႀကီး က မဟာမတ္ဒန္ သာသနာ စည္ပင္ ျပန္႔ေျပာေစျခင္းငွါ ေဟာေျပာျပသ

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 04:10 AM PDT

Source: FB of Min Min Htike

ရခိုင္ မဟာ ရာဇ၀င္ ဇာတ္ေတာ္ႀကီးတြင္ "သကၠရာဇ္ ၈၈၇ ခုႏွစ္ ကိုးဆက္ေျမွာက္ေသာ ဇယတၱ မင္းေစာမြန္ လက္ထက္၌ ရုမ္ ပါသွ်ားမင္း၏ သန္အမတ္ႀကီး ကာဒီ၊ မူသွ်ာ၊ ေဟာ္ႏုမ်ာတို႕သည္ ႏိုင္ငံေတာ္၌ မဟာမတ္ဒန္ သာသနာ စည္ပင္ ျပန္႔ေျပာေစျခင္းငွါ၊ ပူလီေက်ာင္းတို႔သည္ ၿမိဳ႕ေတာ္၌ အျပန္႔အႏွန္႔ တည္ေဆာက္လုပ္ၾက၍ ၿမိဳ႕ေတာ္တြင္ သူအေပါင္းတို႔အား ေဟာေျပာျပသလ်က္ ေန႔စဥ္မျပတ္ ျပဳလုပ္ေတာ္မူေလသည္။ ထိုအခါ အခ်ိဳ႕ေသာ ဗုဒၶဘာသာ လူမ်ိဳးတို႔ သည္ ယုန္ၾကည္လ်က္ ၄င္းဘာသာ၌၀င္၍ ၄င္းတရားကို ေဆာံတည္လွ်က္ ျဖစ္ရွိၾကေလသည္။ သို႔ႏွင့္ မဟာမတ္ဒန္ လူမ်ိဳးတို႕သည္ ႏိုင္ငန္ေတာ္၌ ဖုန္းလႊန္းစိုးမိုးလ်က္ ျပန္႔ႏွန္႔စြာ +ဖစ္ ရွိေလသည္။ ဘုရင္မင္းျမတ္ ကိုလည္း လက္ေဆာင္ ပန္နာပို႔ဆက္လွ်က္ ဘုရင္မင္းအား ၄င္းသန္အမတ္ႀကီးတို႔ကို မ်ားေသာအားျဖင့္ မိတၱာ သက္၀င္လ်က္ ျဖစ္ရွိေလသည္။"

ေအဒီ ၁၅ – ရာစု အင္း၀ မင္းေခါင္၏ တိုက္ခိုက္မႈေၾကာင့္ ရခိုင္ဘုရင္ နရမိတ္လွသည္ ဘဂၤလား ေဂါ့ဘု ရင္ထံ ခိုလံွဳခဲ့သည္။ ၄င္းသည္ ေဂ့ါတြင္ ႏွစ္ေပါင္း ၂၄ – ႏွစ္ ေနထိုင္ခဲ့ရၿပီး၊ ေဂါ့ ဆုလ္တန္၏ စစ္သည္ အကူအညီျဖင့္ ရခိုင္ထီးနန္းကို ျပန္လည္ ဆက္ခံႏိုင္ခဲ့သည္။ ေဂါ့ဘုရင္ မူဟာမတ္ ရွားသည္ ၁၄၂၉ – ခုႏွစ္တြင္ စစ္သူႀကီး ၀လီခန္ ဦး စီးေသာ စစ္သည္အင္အား ေသာင္းေက်ာ္ကိုလည္းေကာင္း၊ ၁၄၃၀ – ခုႏွစ္တြင္ စစ္သူႀကီး စန္ဒီခန္ ဦးစ

ီးေသာ ထိုထက္ မ်ားျပားေသာ စစ္သည္ အင္ အားရွိသည့္ စစ္တပ္ကိုလည္းေကာင္း ေစလႊတ္ခဲ့သည္။ ဤစစ္သည္မ်ားသည္ နရမိတ္လွ အား ရခိုင္ထီးနန္းကို ျပန္လည္ ရယ ူေစခဲ့ၿပီး – ဘဂၤလားသို႔ ျပန္သြားျခင္းမျပဳဘဲ၊ ေျမာက္ဦးတ၀ိုက္တြင္ အေျခစိုက္ ေန ထိုင္လာခဲ့ၾကသည္။ ယင္းတို႔အား ရခိုင္ဘုရင္ ရာထူးႀကီးငယ္ေပးကာ မင္းမွဴးထမ္းေစခဲ့သည္။ ဤစစ္သည္မ်ားမွာ အမ်ားအားျဖင့္ တူရကီမ်ိဳးႏြယ္မ်ား၊ ပါရွန္မ်ားႏွင့္ အာဖဂန္ ပထန္လူမ်ိဳး မူဆလင္ဘာသာ၀င္မ်ား ျဖစ္ၾကသည္။

ရန္ကုန္တကၠသုိလ္ သမုိင္းဌာန ပါေမာၡၿဖစ္ခဲ႔သူ G.H. Luce က ၁၄ ရာစု ခ်င္းတြငး္ၿမစ္ ေက်ာက္စာတြင္ ရခုိင္မင္းမ်ားသည္အိႏၵိယ ဘြဲ႔ အမည္ရွိၾကၿပီး မူဆလင္မ်ားၿဖစ ္သည္ ဟုဆုိထားသည္။ ( ဘုရင္ မ်ား သည္ မြတ္ဟုတ္မဟုတ္ တပ္အပ္ေသခ်ာမေၿပာနဳိင္ေသာ္လည္း ၿပည္သူူထုမ်ားတြင္ မြတ္ဆလင္ ရွိေနသည္မွာ ထင္ရွားေသာ သာဓကပင္ၿဖစ္သည္။)
(G.H Luce . Phases of Pre Pagan Burma, Language History စာအုပ္ Page- 95. Oxford University 1985)



[BERGAMBAR] Pihak Penjara Kata "Jangkitan Kuman" TAPI Jenazah Cedera & Lebam

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 07:31 AM PDT

Lubuk Buntar - "Ketika suami saya ditahan polis, tiada sebarang kecederaan pada badannya, namun ketika melihat jenazahnya kelmarin, saya dapat lihat ada kesan luka dan lebam. Ini amat menyedihkan saya."

Begitulah kata Suriati Hussein (gambar), 38, balu kepada seorang tahanan reman yang meninggal dunia kelmarin selepas dihantar pihak penjara untuk menjalani rawatan jangkitan kuman di Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor.

Dia yang tinggal di Taman Seri Skudai, Johor berkata, suaminya ditahan polis sebagai suspek kes dera.

Setelah tiga hari direman di lokap Balai Polis Seri Serdang, suaminya dibawa semula ke mahkamah untuk permohonan sambungan reman.

Ketika itu dia berkesempatan bertemu suaminya yang dilihat tidak bermaya serta mengalami bengkak kaki.

"Selepas tempoh reman selama seminggu tamat, mahkamah membebaskan suami dengan jaminan RM7,000 tetapi saya gagal membayar wang jaminan kerana tidak ada duit menyebabkan suami dipindahkan ke Penjara Air Molek.

"Bagaimanapun, pada 18 September lalu kira-kira jam 4.35 pagi, hospital memaklumkan kepada saya bahawa suami sudah meninggal dunia. Apa yang menyedihkan, saya tidak dapat berjumpa dengan suami hingga ke saat akhirnya.

SUMBER GAMBAR


"Selepas jenazah suami dibawa balik ke kampung halamannya di Lubuk Buntar, kira-kira jam 11 malam kelmarin, barulah saya berpeluang menatapnya dan ketika itu saya nampak ada kesan lebam dan luka di tubuh arwah," katanya.

Ibu kepada seorang anak itu mendakwa kecederaan pada tubuh arwah tidak ada ketika suaminya ditahan.

Sementara itu, Ketua Polis Daerah Bandar Baharu, Deputi Superintendan Helmi Aris ketika dihubungi berkata, sehingga kini keluarga si mati masih belum membuat sebarang laporan polis berhubung keraguan yang ditimbulkan. -SH


RM75m for NERS? You must be mad!

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:12 AM PDT

If this news is confirmed, I will object!

The Home Ministry, in its Budget 2013 proposal to the Treasury, is asking a special allocation amounting to RM75 million for NERS, the company that caused chaos and lot of problems during the just concluded 6P program.

Not only did the application provided by NERS was not able to help the government meet the objective of 6P - solving the issue of foreign workers in the country, notably its security aspect - it also contained lot of flaws!

The flops are mostly in data input and output, its efficiency and reliability. So many complaints were made to the ministry and Prime Minister's Office about the the company's services, particularly on data lost.

Few hundred thousands of foreigners who participated in the program were denied visa and working permits just because their keyed-in data went missing at NERS, thus complicating some of major procedures at the Immigration Dept.

Former KDN's sec-gen Mahmood Adam is aware of it, and so is minister Hishammuddin. Deputy PM and chairman of Cabinet Committee for Foreign Workers Muhyiddin Yassin too had, in a meeting, admitted the failure of the system.

And so, why are we giving more money to NERS when about RM1 billion was allocated and paid to them to provide the government with what was supposed to be a 'state-of-the-art technology' in registering foreign workers?

NERS is not a service provider, bear that in mind. Its only a contractor appointed by the government to deliver the equipment, which some say costs only about RM1,000 per complete set as compared with RM16,000 quoted by NERS.

Note how big the different is?

I was told that KDN is proposing for NERS to be given RM75 million every subsequent year for the service! What a waste of money!

The government should look into new ideas as how the immigrant problems can be further solved in a more cost-saving manner. Instead of RM75 million, the government can hire one or two companies that can come up with better idea as to how the issue can be attended to, at a much cheaper fee!

Rather than giving it to a failure, better create 75 jobs for Kontraktor Kelas D. At least, many people would get the benefit.

Unless there is a personal undertaking in providing that money to NERS. However, we know the politicians involved with NERS.

Yes, of course I support the government but I am not the 'kaki angguk' type. Sorry bro!


Report expected soon from Rakhine Commission

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:01 AM PDT



Islamophobia

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 02:06 AM PDT

Islamophobia



Myanmar Muslim and all religion prayer party

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 01:42 AM PDT

အေမရိကန္ျပည္ေထာင္စု၊ အင္ဒီးယားနားျပည္နယ္၊ ဖို႔ဝိန္းျမိဳ႕မွာ စက္တင္ဘာ ၂၂ ရက္ေန႔တြင္ျပဳလုပ္ခ့ဲေသာ ျမန္မာမြတ္စလင္မ္မ်ားႏွင့္ ဘာသာေပါင္းစံု ဆုေတာင္းပြဲႏွင့္ မိတ္ဆံုစား ေတြ႔ဆံုပြဲ



ခ်င္းလူ႔အခြင့္အေရးအဖြဲ႔ သာသနာေရး ဝန္ၾကီးဌာန ဖ်က္သိမ္းေစလို

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 01:32 AM PDT

SOURCE: ခ်င္းလူ႔အခြင့္အေရးအဖြဲ႔ သာသနာေရး ဝန္ၾကီးဌာန ဖ်က္သိမ္းေစလို

ခ်င္းလူ႔အခြင့္အေရးအဖြဲ႔ (Chin Human Rights Organization) က ထုတ္ျပန္တဲ့ Threats to Our Existence (ငါတို႔တည္ရွိမွဳကို ျခိမ္းေျခာက္ျခင္း)ဟု အမည္ေပးထားေသာ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရးအစီရင္ခံစာႏွင့္ ပတ္သက္ျပိး ခ်င္းလူ႔အခြင့္အေရးအဖြဲ႔ Program Director ဆလိုင္း-ဇအုပ္-လိန္းအား DVB သတင္းဌာနမွ ေတြ႕ဆုံေမးျမန္းထားပါသည္။ စာမ်က္ႏွာ ၁၆၀ ပါ Threats to Our Existence အစီရင္ခံစာကုိ ျပီးခဲ့တဲ့ စက္တင္ဘာ ၅ ရက္ေန႕က ထုိင္းႏုိင္ငံဘန္ေကာက္ၿမိဳ႕မွတဆင့္ ထုတ္ျပန္ထားခဲ့ျခင္းျဖစ္သည္။
ထိုအစီအရင္ခံစာ တြင္ လက္ရွိသာသနာေရး ၀န္ၾကီးဌာနက ခ်င္းခရစ္ယာန္မ်ား ဘာသာေရး ဆုိင္ရာ လြတ္လပ္ခြင့္ကုိ အဟန္႕အတားျဖစ္ေစမည့္ ဘာသာေရးအေဆာက္အအုံ ေဆာက္လုပ္ျခင္းကုိ ဖိႏွိပ္ေနေၾကာင္း သမၼတ ဦးသိန္းစိန္အစုိးရတက္လာသည့္ ေနာက္ပုိင္း ခ်င္းျပည္နယ္တြင္ ခရစ္ယာန္လက္၀ါးကားတုိင္ ၄ ခု ၿဖိဳလွဲ ဖ်က္ဆီးျခင္းခံရၿပီျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း တင္ျပထားရာ အေထာက္အထားခိုင္လုံျခင္းရွိ မရွိ DVB မွေမးျမန္းခဲ့သည္။ Program Director ဆလိုင္း-ဇအုပ္-လိန္း က ၎အစီအရင္ခံစာတြင္ ပါဝင္ ေသာ အခ်က္အလက္မ်ားမွာ သက္ေသခိုင္လုံမႈရွိမွသာ ထည့္သြင္းေဖာ္ျပေၾကာင္း ေျဖဆိုထားသည္။
ဆလိုင္း-ဇအုပ္-လိန္း က ထို ေတြ႕ဆုံေမးျမန္းခန္း၌ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံအတြင္းရွိ လူမ်ားစု ဗုဒၶဘာသာဗမာလူမ်ိဳးတို႕မွာ ထိုသို႕ေသာ ခ်င္းတိုင္းရင္းသားတို႕၏ ဘာသာေရးဆိုင္ရာ လြတ္လပ္ခြင့္ ဆုံးရွုံးမႈမ်ားအား သတင္းအေမွာင္ခ်ခံထားရ၍ သိရွိခြင့္မရွိေၾကာင္း ႏွင့္ ထိုသို႕ေသာ ကိစၥရပ္မ်ားကို အစိုးရမွ ေဖာက္ဖ်က္က်ဴးလြန္ လုပ္ေဆာင္ေနေၾကာင္း လည္းေျပာၾကားထားသည္။ လက္ရွိအရပ္သား အစိုးရ သမၼတ ဦးသိန္းစိန္၏ ၂ ႏွစ္တာ ႏိုင္ငံေတာ္ အုပ္ခ်ဳပ္ေရး သက္တမ္းအတြင္း ခ်င္းျပည္နယ္၌ ဘာသာေရးဆိုင္ရာ လြတ္လပ္ခြင့္မ်ား တိုးတက္လာျခင္း ရွိ မရွိ ေမးျမန္းရာတြင္ လည္း တိုးတက္လာျခင္း မရွိေသးေၾကာင္း၊ Church ဘုရားေက်ာင္းမ်ားလည္း ယခုထက္ထိ ေဆာက္လုပ္ခြင့္ မရရွိေသးေၾကာင္း ဆလိုင္း-ဇအုပ္-လိန္းက ေျဖၾကားခဲ့သည္။
ထို႕ျပင္ လက္ရွိ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံ သာသနာေရးရာဝန္ၾကီးဌာန မွာ လူ႕အခြင့္အေရး ခ်ိဳးေဖာက္ရုံ သက္သက္အတြက္သာ ဖြဲ႕စည္းထားျခင္းျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း၊ ထိုသို႕ေျပာဆိုရျခင္းမွာ သာသနာေရးရာဝန္ၾကီးဌာန အေနျဖင့္ ဗုဒၶဘာသာဝင္ မဟုတ္ေသာ လူနည္းစု တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား၏ ဘာသာေရးဆိုင္ရာ လြတ္လပ္ခြင့္မ်ားကို ပိတ္ပင္တားဆီးကာ ထိုေဒသမ်ားတြင္လည္း  ႏိုင္ငံေတာ္၏ Budget ကိုသုံးဆြဲကာ ဗုဒၶဘာသာျပန္႕ပြါးေအာင္သာ ေဆာင္ရြက္ေနေၾကာင္း၊ ထို႕ေၾကာင့္ သမၼတ ဦးသိန္းစိန္ အေနျဖင့္ အမွန္တကယ္ ဘာသာေရးဆိုင္ရာ လြတ္လပ္ခြင့္မ်ားတိုးတက္လာေစလိုပါလွ်င္ သာသနာေရးရာဝန္ၾကီးဌာန အား ဖ်က္သိမ္းသင့္ေၾကာင္း လည္းေျပာဆိုထားသည္။
ဆလိုင္း-ဇအုပ္-လိန္း က ဆက္လက္၍ ဘာသာေရးတြင္သာမက စီးပြါးေရး၊ က်န္းမာေရးတို႕တြင္လည္း ခ်င္းျပည္နယ္သည္ ျမန္မာတႏိုင္ငံလုံး အတိုင္းအတာ အေနျဖင့္ အဆိုးရြားဆုံး အေျခအေနတြင္ ရွိေၾကာင္း၊ ထို႕ျပင္ ျပီးခဲ့သည့္လအတြင္း ခ်င္းျပည္နယ္ အတြင္း စစ္တပ္ တပ္ရင္း ႏွစ္တပ္ ခ်ထားရာ ထိုသို႕စစ္တပ္ေရာက္ရွိရာ ေဒသမ်ားတြင္ လူ႕အခြင့္အေရး ခ်ိဳးေဖာက္မႈမ်ားရွိေၾကာင္း ႏွင့္ ထိုသို႕ လူ႕အခြင့္အေရး ခ်ိဳးေဖာက္မႈမ်ား ေၾကာင့္ ခ်င္းလူမ်ိဳးတို႕ မွာလည္း ဆင္းရဲသည္ထက္ ပိုမိုဆင္းရဲလာရျခင္း ျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း၊ ထို႕ေၾကာင့္ဗမာစစ္တပ္အား ျပန္လည္ ရုတ္သိမ္းေပးေစ လိုေၾကာင္းလည္း ရွင္းလင္းေျဖဆိုထားသည္။
ေနာက္ဆုံးအေနျဖင့္ ဆလိုင္း-ဇအုပ္-လိန္း က ယခု အစိုးရအေနျဖင့္ လုပ္ေဆာင္လ်က္ရွိေသာ နယ္စပ္ေဒသဖြံ႔ျဖိဳးေရးစီမံကိန္းမ်ားအား ရပ္ဆိုင္းသင့္ေၾကာင္း၊ အဘယ္ေၾကာင့္ဆိုေသာ္ ထိုစီမံကိန္းမ်ားမွတဆင့္ ခ်င္းလူမ်ိဳးမ်ားမွာ ေက်ာင္းမ်ားတြင္ ပညာသင္ၾကားခြင့္ရရန္ ဗုဒၶဘာသာသို႕ အတင္း ေျပာင္းေစျခင္း ခံၾကရေၾကာင္း ႏွင့္ လက္ရွိသာသနာေရးရာ ဝန္ၾကီးဌာန အားဖ်က္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆိုေၾကာင္း ေျဖၾကားထားပါသည္။

 

 



SOLUTIONS TO ADDRESS BIBLE ISSUE

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 01:31 AM PDT

Kopisanangan.  I know, this is an old statement, or rather government policy. But, I took the liberty to get it from THE STAR, because it is a basis upon which we, as a country could move forward. In the midst of the hue and cry due to the Innocence of Muslims youtube saga, perhaps it is also not out of the way for us all to look into ourselves and see where we can together further progress as a nation - regardless of creed or ethnicity. FBI bah.... kihoiii (to those yet to know, FBI is Fokus. Berani. Ikhlas. A battle cry coined by Upko Sepanggar)

April 3, 2011 - Press statement by Datuk Seri Idris Jala, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, on a 10-point solution.

THE Government confirmed that it has been in dialogue with the Christian groups to look into their specific requests on the Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia Bible and also other religious issues. Taking into account the polarity of views of the different religious groups, including the Muslims, the Government decided on a 10-point solution.
1. Bibles in all languages can be imported into the country, including Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia.
2. These Bibles can also be printed locally in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak. This is a new development which should be welcomed by the Christian groups.
3. Bibles in indigenous languages of Sabah and Sarawak such as Iban, Kadazan-Dusun and Lun Bawang can also be printed locally and imported.
4. For Sabah and Sarawak, in recognition of the large Christian community in these states, there are no conditions attached to the importation and local printing of the Bible in all languages, including Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia and indigenous languages. There is no requirement for any stamp or serial number.
5. Taking into account the interest of the larger Muslim community, for Peninsular Malaysia, Bibles in Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia, imported or printed, must have the words "Christian Publication" and the cross sign printed on the front covers.
6. In the spirit of 1Malaysia and recognising that many people travel between Sabah and Sarawak and Peninsular Malaysia, there should be no prohibitions and restrictions for people who bring along their Bible and Christian materials on such travels.
7. A directive on the Bible has been issued by the Ketua Setiausaha (KSU) of the Home Ministry to ensure proper implementation of this Cabinet decision. Failure to comply will subject the officers to disciplinary action under the General Orders. A comprehensive briefing by top officials, including the Attorney-General (AG), will be given to all relevant civil servants to ensure good understanding and proper implementation of the directive.
8. For the impounded Bibles in Kuching, Gideon, the importer can collect all the 30,000 Bibles free of charge. We undertake to ensure the parties involved are reimbursed. The same offer remains available for the importer of the 5,100 Bibles in Port Klang, which have already been collected by the Bible Society Malaysia (BSM) last week.
9. Beyond the Bible issue, the Govern­ment wishes to reiterate its commitment to work with the Christian groups and all the different religious groups in order to address inter-religious issues and work towards the fulfilment of all religious aspirations in accordance with the Constitution, taking into account the other relevant laws of the country. In order to bring urgency to this work, the Prime Minister will meet the representatives of the Christian Federation of Malaysia (CFM) soon to discuss the way forward.
10. The Christian ministers in the Cabinet will meet on a regular basis with representatives of the various Christian groups in order to discuss their issues and work with the relevant ministries and the PM in order to resolve them.
I hope this 10-point solution will be received positively by the Christian groups as being fair and reasonable. We have to look for a solution that deals with the Bible issue and also put a way forward to handle other issues raised by the Christian groups.
I think the Bible issue is very unfortunate, and in the spirit of Lent, it is time for sacrifice, reconciliation and forgiveness.
In our history, as a young nation, we achieved a lot in a short period of time, but we have our shortcomings.
The Government and our civil servants are not perfect as indeed all human beings are "beautifully imperfect" in the eyes of God.
And for all our shortcomings in handling the Bible issue, I hope the Christians would find it in their hearts to forgive us.
In my Church at SIBKL, we have been praying for a Christian revival to take place in our country. For all the hurt that exists as a result of our differences, I believe that we need healing, forgiveness and reconciliation in this country.
The Bible says in Matthew 18:21-22 – Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered: "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." Ends


Isu Kuota Haji: Jamil Khir Akhirnya Mengaku "Berdusta"

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 03:36 AM PDT

Penolakan kuota haji: Jamil Khir mengaku bukan sebab Bersih.

KUALA LUMPUR 26 September: Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom hari ini mengaku permohonan kerajaan Malaysia untuk menambah kuota haji ditolak oleh Kerajaan Arab Saudi bukan disebabkan perhimpunan Bersih 3.0 di Mekah dan Madinah April lalu.

Menurutnya, permohonan tersebut ditolak disebabkan kerja-kerja pengubahsuaian yang dijalankan di Kota Suci itu.

Ketika menjawab soalan Ahli Parlimen Kuala Krau, Datuk Ismail Mohamed Said yang mahukan penjelasan berkenaan langkah yang diambil kerajaan bagi memastikan kouta haji tidak terjejas akibat perhimpunan tersebut, Jamil Khir cuba mengaitkan kegagalan permohonan tersebut disebabkan Bersih 3.0.

Seraya itu, beberapa Ahli Parlimen Pembangkang bangun mencelah dan menyanggah kenyataan Jamil Khir.

"Renovation Datuk Menteri…Mekah tengah buat renovation," sanggah mereka sambil disambut lain-lain Ahli Parlimen yang juga tidak berpuas hati terhadap penjelasan tersebut.

Selepas diasak, beliau akhirnya mengaku perhimpunan Bersih yang berlangsung di negara terbabit tidak menimbulkan persepsi buruk kepada Malaysia.

"Ia cuma andaian sahaja… Bila berlaku perhimpunan Bersih di Mekah, ia menimbulkan persepsi mengaitkan dengan Bersih 3.0," kata beliau dalam Dewan Rakyat.

Kerajaan Arab Saudi mengekalkan kuota 28,000 untuk jemaah Malaysia menunaikan haji tahun ini.

Sebelum ini, isu kuota haji dipolitikkan kerajaan Umno BN kononnya tindakan segelintir rakyat Malaysia mengadakan demonstrasi Bersih 3.0 di Mekah dan Madinah pada 26 April lepas menyebabkan kerajaan Arab Saudi menyekat tambahan kuota itu.

Ulasan GB

Hairan kita, bagaimana UMNO/BN mempunyai seoramng pendusta dilantik menjadi menteri agama.

Membuat kenyataan secara semborono yang berasaskan andaian dan persepsi semata-mata, bukan dengan fakta semata-mata untuk memburukkan pihak lain tanpa memperdulikan ajaran Islam sendiri yang menghalang seseorang dari berkata dusta.

Demikian hukum kebenaran dan keadilan berjalan. Akhirnya sikap buruknya itu terserlah sendiri.

Laporan sebelum ini
klik untuk baca


The Philosophy of Lao Tzu

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 12:00 AM PDT

One of the greatest regrets I have is the day I gave up my Mandarin classes when I was in primary school. As patience is a virtue I lack, I gave up because I could not endure the painstaking effort needed in the writing exercises with the Chinese brush, and even the daily homework given. To me, it was such tedious work and a real chore to remember the strokes, which direction and which that should come first. At least I am relieved that I am reasonably fluent in spoken Mandarin. If I had been literate in Mandarin, I would surely have loved reading Chinese literature such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dream of the Red Chamber etc in its original form. And, I would have enjoyed the works of Lao Tzu and many other Chinese scholars.

It was in Std 5 when I came across Lao Tzu, Confucious, Plato, Socrates etc in my history textbook. To be honest, I was so fascinated with the writings of ancient philosophers that my class produced a cyclostyled booklet of Chinese and Greek mythology which we sold at 20 cents per copy. Somehow, even saying out their names gave me an illusion of being a literate person. Childhood fantasies aside, as one approaching sunset years, I still derive much pleasure reading their works.

This particular website gives an insightful and informative perspective of Lao Tzu and the Tao Te Ching. Please visit that site and be inspired.

This afternoon, I'd like to share some of my favourite Lao Tzu quotes. Any comments/responses is most welcome. Have a great day!

_________________________

I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.

If the Great Way perishes there will morality and duty. When cleverness and knowledge arise great lies will flourish. When relatives fall out with one another there will be filial duty and love. When states are in confusion there will be faithful servants.

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.

To see things in the seed, that is genius.

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.

He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

He who does not trust enough, Will not be trusted.

He who is contented is rich.

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.

Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained.

To lead people walk behind them.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.

When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish.

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

When the best leader's work is done the people say, "We did it ourselves."

Without stirring abroad, One can know the whole world; Without looking out of the window One can see the way of heaven. The further one goes The less one knows.

A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar.

Governing a great nation is like cooking a small fish – too much handling will spoil it.

Great acts are made up of small deeds.

Great indeed is the sublimity of the Creative, to which all beings owe their beginning and which permeates all heaven.

He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.

When virtue is lost, benevolence appears, when benevolence is lost right conduct appears, when right conduct is lost, expedience appears. Expediency is the mere shadow of right and truth; it is the beginning of disorder.

He who knows himself is enlightened.

Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.

Silence is a source of great strength.
Simulated disorder postulates perfect discipline; simulated fear postulates courage; simulated weakness postulates strength.

The career of a sage is of two kinds: He is either honored by all in the world, Like a flower waving its head, Or else he disappears into the silent forest.

The higher the sun ariseth, the less shadow doth he cast; even so the greater is the goodness, the less doth it covet praise; yet cannot avoid its rewards in honours.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be.

The people are hungry: It is because those in authority eat up too much in taxes.

The power of intuitive understanding will protect you from harm until the end of your days.

The sage does not hoard. The more he helps others, the more he benefits himself, The more he gives to others, the more he gets himself. The Way of Heaven does one good but never does one harm. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete.

The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world.

The wicked leader is he who the people despise. The good leader is he who the people revere. The great leader is he who the people say, 'We did it ourselves.

The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.

The words of truth are always paradoxical.

Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge.

To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.

He who obtains has little. He who scatters has much.

He who talks more is sooner exhausted.

Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy.

How could man rejoice in victory and delight in the slaughter of men?

I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any.

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small.

Ambition has one heel nailed in well, though she stretch her fingers to touch the heavens.

An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.

Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy.

At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.

Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

Be the chief but never the lord.

Because of a great love, one is courageous.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

Born to be wild – live to outgrow it.

By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.

Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.

From caring comes courage.

From wonder into wonder existence opens.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Govern a great nation as you would cook a small fish. Do not overdo it.




[Jenayah Menurun?] Ibu Tunggal Parah Disembelih Perompak

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 01:01 AM PDT

Yan - Tindakan kejam penyamun tergamak menyembelih leher seorang ibu tunggal menyebabkannya nyaris maut ketika tinggal bersendirian di rumahnya di Jalan Bukit, Teroi, Gurun, awal pagi semalam.

Ketua Polis Daerah Yan, Deputi Superintendan Ismail Abu berkata, mereka menerima laporan kejadian berlaku kira-kira jam 7.10 pagi setelah mangsa dikatakan meminta pertolongan daripada jiran untuk membawanya ke hospital.

Menurutnya, semasa kejadian, mangsa Jamaliah Ali, 55, tinggal seorang diri di rumah berkenaan setelah adiknya yang tinggal bersama keluar menghantar anak ke sekolah sebelum ke tempat kerja.

"Jiran mangsa hanya menyedari kejadian berlaku setelah mangsa yang cedera parah itu datang ke rumahnya untuk meminta pertolongan supaya segera dihantar ke hospital.

"Mangsa mengalami kecederaan serius di bahagian kepala, leher dikelar seperti disembelih hampir lapan sentimeter menggunakan senjata tajam dipercayai parang dikejarkan ke Hospital Yan sebelum dihantar ke Hospital Sultan Abdul Halim, Sungai Petani," katanya kepada media di Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah (IPD) Yan, di sini, semalam.

Ismail berkata, hasil siasatan awal mendapati terdapat kesan rumah mangsa digeledah dan mangsa berkemungkinan disembelih di ruang tamu bersebelahan bilik mangsa berdasarkan kesan darah di lantai.

"Bagaimanapun tidak ada barangan mangsa yang hilang serta senjata digunakan turut tidak ditemui.

"Mengikut maklumat yang diperoleh jiran, mangsa berkemungkinan mengenali suspek kerana sewaktu meminta tolong mangsa seperti menyebut nama seseorang namun tidak jelas kerana kecederaannya serius," katanya.

Menurutnya, kes berkenaan disiasat mengikut Seksyen 307 Kanun Keseksaan kerana cuba membunuh.

"Kita juga ingin meminta kerjasama daripada jiran mangsa atau orang ramai mempunyai maklumat berhubung kejadian diminta tampil memberi maklumat kepada polis untuk membantu siasatan," katanya.

Dalam pada itu, Ismail berkata, mangsa yang masih belum sedarkan diri dilaporkan stabil serta masih menerima rawatan lanjut di hospital.




Jelawat effect

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 09:55 PM PDT

It has been raining incessantly for the past three days already. My aunt says that it is due to the Chinese eighth lunar month that's causing the deluge but surely, there must be a scientific explanation and I believe that we are actually feeling the effects of the super typhoon that's being churned up presently east of the Philippines. Penang is not in a typhoon zone but occasionally, typhoons in the western Pacific, as well as those in the Indian Ocean, may affect us. Anyway, this is only my opinion.

Nevertheless, there's this satellite image that I've just picked up from the AccuWeather website. It's a mean typhoon with its epicentre just east of Luzon and travelling towards Taiwan. But significantly, the typhoon looks like drawing moisture from the Indian Ocean basin which means that as Penang is directly in its path, the moisture gets dumped on us..





ca-pub-5430283382112812


No comments: